Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Drogheda to Dublin City

Options
  • 09-07-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I'm new up in drogheda. Have a ticket for the match Sunday in Croker and was wondering the best bus to get going into Dublin from Drogheda and more importantly getting back after.

Cheers.

Comments

Train is prob the handiest last one back is at half eleven so lots of time after game . 100x goes on the hour and takes about 50 mins to get into town which is handy enough drops you on the quays and get it from outside custom house on return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

The matthews bus would suit better, it drops off and picks up at Drumcondra train station. timetable at www.matthews.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Where does the 101 pick up from on talbot street, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DeDingDo

CMpunked wrote: »
    Where does the 101 pick up from on talbot street, does anyone know?

Just outside a newsagent. I think it might be a Polish one. There's a bus shelter there, you'll see it.

DeDingDo wrote: »
    Just outside a newsagent. I think it might be a Polish one. There's a bus shelter there, you'll see it.

Is it safe enough? Or would it be better to go a little further and get it from busaras?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 DeDingDo

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is it safe enough? Or would it be better to go a little further and get it from busaras?

It goes from wherever the noticeboard in Busaras says which is often Talbot St. I remember getting one from Busaras to Drogheda at night but it departs from whatever is on the schedule for the particular time. The 100x goes from the Custom House I believe.

I've only gone from Talbot St during the day. Was fine, it's very near Busaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That part of Talbot street is okay. The 101 always goes from there. Matthews bus is quicker to get to Drogheda itself but is also typically more expensive.

That part of Talbot street is okay. The 101 always goes from there. Matthews bus is quicker to get to Drogheda itself but is also typically more expensive.

From looking at it, I'm only going to be getting the 101 when its late (10/11) but it says it departs from busaras at those times so I'd probably be better hanging there?

Advertisement