Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Happened to Chocolate Factory Park in Docklands?

Options
  • 09-07-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I was looking at the Dublin Bikes expansion map to see where new stations were being built. And I noticed on the map in the Grand Canal Dock area a park called Chocolate Factory Park. It is between Hanover Quay and the Liffey. The latest reference I could find was back in 2006, so I assume the project lost its funding years ago, therefore I was surprised to find it still on the map.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/chocolate-park-lures-families-26405253.html
    A 'Chocolate Factory Park' built on a theme drawn from the 'Willie Wonka' book will be among four parks in the Dublin docklands area designed to attract families.

Anyone know if this park is still in the planning stages? More parks in the city are always welcome and that neighborhood could use some green space.
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement