Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gloveless,T-Shirt,Shorts and Runners on a Fireblade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

paddy147 wrote: »
    Bumped into the very same lad and bike about an hour ago down at Tesco in Artane Castle.

Happened to be looking at the polished exhaust piping and end can on the bike,when out comes the biker himself from being in Tesco.

He had on a black bike jacket and a alpine stars gloves.
    Kevlar jeans and a pair of black boots on him.

Chatted with him in a light hearted manner and he told me that a garda bike stopped him outside The Regency Hotel yesterday to "chat" to him about his lack of atire and to think of his safety in the event of a car smacking him off his bike.

He said himself that he "wasnt on the ball" yesterday and was just to fcuking tired and hot to be bothered with his gear.

Told me that him and his missus have a 3 week old baby girl who is screaming the house down at the momment.I said congratts to him and his missus on their baby.:)
    He said back.....need to think of her now and be there for her,so back on with me gear so.Sweating like a pig here but fcuk it.
    We joked about how its a good way to sweat off a few pounds......,as he said himself......who needs a gym in this weather.

He showed me a few pics off his phone of his other bike,a lovely polished frame TLR 1000.

He shook my hand,I shook his hand,wished each other well and he was off on his merry way.

That sounds like the biggest load of ****e ever made up on a forum just too prove your point!!:eek::eek:

Could of actually happened but I aint biting :D:D

Good story though Paddy 10/10:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Bumped into the very same lad and bike about an hour ago down at Tesco in Artane Castle.

Happened to be looking at the polished exhaust piping and end can on the bike,when out comes the biker himself from being in Tesco.

Chatted with him in a light hearted manner and he told me that a garda bike stopped him outside The Regency Hotel yesterday to "chat" to him about his lack of atire and to think of his safety in the event of a car smacking him off his bike.

He said himself that he "wasnt on the ball" yesterday and was just to fcuking tired and hot to be bothered with his gear.

Told me that him and his missus have a 3 week old baby girl who is screaming the house down at the momment.I said congratts to him and his missus on their baby.:)
    He said back.....need to think of her now and be there for her,so back on with me gear so.Sweating like a pig here but fcuk it.
    We joked about how its a good way to sweat off a few pounds......,as he said himself......who needs a gym in this weather.

He showed me a few pics off his phone of his other bike,a lovely polished frame TLR 1000.

He shook my hand,I shook his hand,wished each other well and he was off on his merry way.

did u mentioned that u made this topic about him and his badly scratched abused arai helmet? xixi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jesus paddy i had a tear in me eye reading the story....TMC could make a movie about it.....Hope it didnt have a sad ending....ya know..on the way home with the nappies he gets killed etc etc.........:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

think I ran into him later on the same day - he was wearing a complete set of medieval armour to replace the badly scratched arai, and insufficent jeans

Showed me pics on his phone of his other other ride - a 4 year old skewbold mare. We laughed and joked about the price of horseshoes, and the local football team. He shook my hand, then I shook his, and then we shook both our hands, and embraced briefly, before shaking hands and parting ways.

My heart soared as he clanked away on his 'blade, safe in the knowledge thats he's now completely invincible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mr lee wrote: »
    why
    do
    we
    need
    all
    the
    big
    gaps
    in
    a

For

maximum

visual

impact.

sigh

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

spent last two days driving in UK - saw a few people in shorts etc. Whatever about scooting down the shop - the overtaking lane on the M6 is no place for shorts...........

....tis a conundrum, I grant you.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When's the wedding ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Next you will be telling us ya showed off your helmets too eachother:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

I took out my Triumph Highgate mesh jacket (pics) for my usual commute today and it was the business. It was like riding without a jacket, but there's a small amount of protection for shoulders and elbows as well. Probably the only week I will get to wear it this year.

i have to say something: "paddy at the end of the day i like your sense of humor" this topic would never be the same without you.

its so funny... really thank u for making this sunny days even more brigther.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Paddy I think that last post was a spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

I think Ed is worried this blade might be more comfortable than his own, therefore requiring less protective clothing...

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wonder what the hypothetical garda would make of what the law in France wear:

399px-Motos-gendarmerie-IMG_1384.jpg

Maybe he should go over there and educate them too?

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »

Back in the 80's i can remember seeing our boys in similar get-up in Dublin......or was it a dream...(or Super Dream)........:p

The_Chap wrote: »
    I think Ed is worried this blade might be more comfortable than his own, therefore requiring less protective clothing...

:-)

jesus and now this is gona be with me forever? i just said that out of all bikes i had is this 954rr the most comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bikerguy wrote: »
    jesus and now this is gona be with me forever? i just said that out of all bikes i had is this 954rr the most comfy.

PMSL

imagine Paddy in france... going mental on forums and meeting the same police officer in Lidl while showing him pictures on phone and talking about screaming kids in d house. lololol

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Bikerguy wrote: »

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

P.C. wrote: »
    Are you saying that I am wrong?
    Or are you trying to imply the law is wrong?
    Or are you trying to imply that there should be no individual choice?

If I am wrong, please correct me, as I have always understood that legally the only protective gear you are required to wear is a helmet.

If I am not wrong about the law, then once someone has a helmet on the rest is individual choice.

I am not telling anyone what to wear or what not to wear, I am saying the choice is yours to make.
    I am also not trying to imply that more gear is not safer or better in an accident.

I was listening to a guy and girl, that's stretching it a bit, they were in their thirties. They were heading to France on a Harley, she was wearing full protection in leather, she told us she was trying to get used to the heat in preparation for the trip. Apparently it is illegal in France too ride a bike without a full leather suit.

^ nonsense.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

^ nonsense.

Check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

All the gear. If youre too hot just go faster. Lol.

Check it out.

Check what out?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

All the gear. If youre too hot just go faster. Lol.

Did that the other day going to the Tax Office.... air was pretty much on fire even at 110 kmh.

I took a trip up to the shop in shorts and T-shirt the other day.... felt amazing, I'm pretty hardcore about ATGATT for myself, but I can understand now how people in Hot countries never wear gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Did that the other day going to the Tax Office.... air was pretty much on fire even at 110 kmh.

I took a trip up to the shop in shorts and T-shirt the other day.... felt amazing, I'm pretty hardcore about ATGATT for myself, but I can understand now how people in Hot countries never wear gear.

I have been to a good few hot weather biking trips abroad . And the most of the people I seen only had a leather jackets and helmet on As far as safety equipment was concerned..

Hey.... If ya want to ride hard then suit up. But the risk of road rash drops with your speed. Like I need to say that.

I have never fallen when tipping around carefully. Most don't. Ever.
    Low risk riding means low risk protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Check it out.

Have a look at the tour de France highlights some evening. Cameramen, photographers, drivers, police and civilian etc. Many of them in short sleeves etc.
    Have a few pictures from a couple of years ago of office workers commuting their big mopeds in suits.

MMMM...another hot one today....feel sorry for all the lads walking around Tesco in FL...although its better than having some old dear hitting you in the hip with her trolley.....stay safe............:D

Idleater wrote: »
    Have a look at the tour de France highlights some evening. Cameramen, photographers, drivers, police and civilian etc. Many of them in short sleeves etc.
    Have a few pictures from a couple of years ago of office workers commuting their big mopeds in suits.

I only repeated what these people were saying. Then only a fool would go around of a bike without protective clothing. Unless you are James Dean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Can't wait for paddy to come back to thread to tell us that it all really really really did happen :D

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Can't wait for paddy to come back to thread to tell us that it all really really really did happen :D

imagine paddy coming back, but this time with real picture of the guy with flip flops and his badly scratches helmet standig netx to him.

Advertisement