Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gloveless,T-Shirt,Shorts and Runners on a Fireblade

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Unbelievable but true...saw the guy meself this moro,he was on his Suzuki though..... had a chat with him and took a pic.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

would it have been a repsol branded blade ya saw?

passed a guy coming back from santry about an hour ago in just a lid.

safe.

another guy in textiles but no gloves or proper boots.

each to their own in fairness, the risks are pretty obvious, one chooses to go sans gear.

kaimera wrote: »

passed a guy coming back from santry about an hour ago in just a lid.

:eek:..........................

:eek:..........................
    to clarify, not in the nip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Feck sake, multiple pages in on the same ****e topic! Next we'll be asking if there is a bike show on next year :)

• Advertisement

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Feck sake, multiple pages in on the same ****e topic! Next we'll be asking if there is a bike show on next year :)

...OR, what makes a REAL biker...???...............:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I saw quite a few bikers with varying degrees of gear on this morning. Almost continental. Probably be back to normal next week, when the weather returns to "normal" and /or the sunburn needs covering :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Idleater wrote: »
    I saw quite a few bikers with varying degrees of gear on this morning. Almost continental. Probably be back to normal next week, when the weather returns to "normal" and /or the sunburn needs covering :-)

I have to admit I was very tempted to tale the bike to work with just a tshirt and jeans. Only thing stopped me is she's out of gas and I was leaving before the service station beside my house opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Took my bike out yesterday to pop into town, less than 6km through heavy traffic, < 50km/h. Wore runners,shorts,shirt gloves & lid.... my knees are all fcukin sunburnt today :( ... lesson learned!

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Took my bike out yesterday to pop into town, less than 6km through heavy traffic, < 50km/h. Wore runners,shorts,shirt gloves & lid.... my knees are all fcukin sunburnt today :( ... lesson learned!

Use suncream...........:cool:

• Advertisement

Use suncream...........:cool:
    I was, the stuff just sweated off, left big red sweat streaks of sunburn! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

top of my left foot is very sore - must try and buy some better flip flops. They tend to flap at 80mph+ on the M1 too, which is very off putting

Wossack wrote: »
    top of my left foot is very sore - must try and buy some better flip flops. They tend to flap at 80mph+ on the M1 too, which is very off putting
    hahaha!! What ya need is some chainmail socks! They're the job! and they even have a cut out so ya can wear your flip flops images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdhf-IE9zTlIGbl3KiKeICSp3M9lXX-wAL-oA95GdJ_mbsKcFR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

good shout! will go well with my pauldrons :)

these fellas look the business:

sm_bata_motorsandal2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Best advice I got when starting to ride bikes was :

" Its easier to have a shower than a skin graft "

It always stuck with me and I would not ride a bike through hell without full gear on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dbmauser

personal choice for what people like to wear,its no one else's business or place to comment on it. its like moaning about that other girl across the bar who's wearing the same dress as you,pointless.

wear what you want to wear and keep it at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

dbmauser wrote: »
    personal choice for what people like to wear,its no one else's business or place to comment on it. its like moaning about that other girl across the bar who's wearing the same dress as you,pointless.

wear what you want to wear and keep it at that

Dead right, I never mind when a girl in a bar has the same frock as me, but I find it bloody dangerous out on the bike when it blows up round your helmet and you can't see where your going........

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dbmauser

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Dead right, I never mind when a girl in a bar has the same frock as me, but I find it bloody dangerous out on the bike when it blows up round your helmet and you can't see where your going........

its also dangerous for other road users as they get blinder by the sight of a hairy arse glued to a saddle with sweat :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

So Paddy have you ran into your biker buddy since? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

He is out riding pillion with him around the howth in the sunshinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Are you trying to ignore this thread paddy? We can see you posting in other threads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Whatever about the rest of the gear, I literally can't ride a bike wearing runners. Changing gear is sore! No idea how people can use flip flops!

Our maybe I just have sensitive tootsies?

In any case I have a pair to change out of the boots at work.

My casual bike jacket (Held) has no vents or perforations either, which is a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Pique wrote: »
    Whatever about the rest of the gear, I literally can't ride a bike wearing runners. Changing gear is sore! No idea how people can use flip flops!

Our maybe I just have sensitive tootsies?

In any case I have a pair to change out of the boots at work.

My casual bike jacket (Held) has no vents or perforations either, which is a balls.
    Same as that , I open the sleeves and let the wind blow up them.
    I have to say my Nolan N43 is fantastic in this heat, its a really cool helmet with lots of airflow compared to nearly anything I have tried before.

Passed a traffic corp biker earlier today.

decked out in leathers etc.

no gloves.

fine example.

yes yes only lids are compulsory but should they not be setting the example? imo anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Are you trying to ignore this thread paddy? We can see you posting in other threads :D

Leave him alone. He started this thread with good intentions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Nodster wrote: »

Good post, thanks for sharing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Very good read, Thanks :D

no gloves.

fine example.

yes yes only lids are compulsory but should they not be setting the example? imo anyway.

Probably obliged to wear the gear...gloves might be a bike control thing with him...can imagine how uncomfortable he must be...i doubt if theyre even vented...could pass out due to heat stroke if he's not careful, and i'd imagine the heat might impact on his awareness imo...
    no harm having a read of this blog

http://fzronline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=extreme_road_rash-cause_effect_and_lesson_learned[/QUOTE]

Flicked through it...pretty girl .yawnfest tbh...:rolleyes:....i know the risks so i dont need to bother with this sort of thing...i'm a big boy now....;)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

no gloves.

fine example.

Did you actually read the thread? It's normal for bike cops in hot countries to go out in short sleeved shirts.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement