Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gloveless,T-Shirt,Shorts and Runners on a Fireblade

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ninja900 wrote: »
    Did you actually read the thread? It's normal for bike cops in hot countries to go out in short sleeved shirts.
    Not sure if being sarcastic :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I'm amazed at the hard time OP has gotten here - sure there are plenty of folk who might not agree with him, but there is no call for the witless ribbing he got. You wouldn't treat someone like that in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anyone who thinks they know better than I do what's best for me will be told where to go in no uncertain terms. So in person it would be worse :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

TBH..over the hot weather i've seen more bikers NOT wearing "proper" gear...most in jeans n runners, guy on a beemer yesterday in blackrock in a vest ,open lid, shorts n runners...he looked "cool"...nice tan too.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Last week seen a bloke pull in to the petrol station on a mini moto fill up, pay and drove out down the road around the roundabout with no helmet, not a care in the world, dont know how far his was going, but i know if it was me i would pull out right in front of a police car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Last week seen a bloke pull in to the petrol station on a mini moto fill up, pay and drove out down the road around the roundabout with no helmet, not a care in the world, dont know how far his was going, but i know if it was me i would pull out right in front of a police car.

Why would you pull out in front of a police car?.

Yeah ,that would be me too....although i'd not be without a lid tbh...

Sods law............;)

just my luck it would be unmarked!

just my luck it would be unmarked!

unlike yer licence....................:D

unlike yer licence....................:D

Clean to the insurance company :D

• Advertisement

Clean to the insurance company :D

:D....you'd think.......you dont know that they know, but they know that you dont know they know.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

To be honest I never ever wear much protective gear. It would take all the fun and all the practicality of riding a bike away for me. I do have a nice jacket for when it gets a little colder and it is protective too but I'd never wrap myself up in leathers. F*ck that.
    Other than that jacket that comes out in chilly spring mornings or in the autumn I do wear a kidney belt when riding a bit longer than just down to the supermarket and I do wear gloves most of the time. Having said that I don't ride a fast bike and I just commute or run around town on my little thumper. I admit I am a fair weather biker.

Statistically riding a bike is frigging dangerous - period. I cant understand the people who get all high and mighty over a little road rash. If that idiot pulls out on front of you while you're pelting down the road its the least of your worries.

Ireland - where the 'hardy' hairy bikers go about in high viz vests. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Strituck wrote: »
    It always stuck with me and I would not ride a bike through hell without full gear on.

I guess I wouldn't either but usually I just nip into work or down to the beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Went to the chipper this evening wearing my slippers. Only noticed when I almost fell over at a set of traffic lights because they have no grip.

I used to be an all the gear all the time type of guy. But I find as the bike is my only mode of transport just putting on a jacket, helmet and gloves is perfect for going shopping or into town. I'd never ride without a helmet and gloves.. just the thought of it going hands down first in a small 10kph crash gives me shudders.

Even falling over while playing with the dogs a few weeks ago left me with some nasty road rash on my hand and I was only jogging with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Boskowski wrote: »
    To be honest I never ever wear much protective gear. It would take all the fun and all the practicality of riding a bike away for me. I do have a nice jacket for when it gets a little colder and it is protective too but I'd never wrap myself up in leathers. F*ck that.
    Other than that jacket that comes out in chilly spring mornings or in the autumn I do wear a kidney belt when riding a bit longer than just down to the supermarket and I do wear gloves most of the time. Having said that I don't ride a fast bike and I just commute or run around town on my little thumper. I admit I am a fair weather biker.

Statistically riding a bike is frigging dangerous - period. I cant understand the people who get all high and mighty over a little road rash. If that idiot pulls out on front of you while you're pelting down the road its the least of your worries.

Ireland - where the 'hardy' hairy bikers go about in high viz vests. :pac:

This is more or less me too.

Except a lot of the time I don't even use gloves, and I wear an open face helmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

You can ride around in you underpants if you want as long as you have a Helmet (And hi viz L vest on a LP of course).
    It's the riders choice imo but don't complain about injuries if you do :)
    I did a few ibt's the other week in 30 odd degrees and Jesus I was melting. Tempted to strip off meself apart from the bad example I would set. One option I did try before was the motocross body armor with a t-shirt over the top and Kevlar jeans, worked a treat.
    ;)

Advertisement