Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father and son swimming pools

• 09-07-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys,

I'm a young single father from Dublin with a 2 and a half year old who loves the water and kiddie aqua parks, I've been trying to find lessons for him that I can attend with him and let him enjoy a standard pool, the problem I'm having is a normal open swimming pool is too hectic for him with older kids with large family's running around and he gets too nervous and uncomfortable, I've looked into Mother and Baby sessions that would obviously be quieter and more relaxed but Fathers understandably don't seem to be welcome at these sessions.

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any father and son friendly sessions like this in Dublin that are a bit quieter than a standard open pool where he can learn to enjoy and love the water.

Thanks Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OpenWaterbaby

Hi Shane,
    Was speaking to friends of mine who have a 4 month old and they were really excited about starting AquaBabies http://www.aquababies.ie/ with him soon.

It's parent and baby/toddler orientated, so not mother specific....even though a lot of the images and advice on the website seems to be mother based. Hope the classes are what you are looking for.

Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cuchulainn90

There's a pool just up the road from me and looks it looks perfect :)

You've been a great help Aisling thank you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Hi guys,

I'm a young single father from Dublin with a 2 and a half year old who loves the water and kiddie aqua parks, I've been trying to find lessons for him that I can attend with him and let him enjoy a standard pool, the problem I'm having is a normal open swimming pool is too hectic for him with older kids with large family's running around and he gets too nervous and uncomfortable, I've looked into Mother and Baby sessions that would obviously be quieter and more relaxed but Fathers understandably don't seem to be welcome at these sessions.

I don't get that it's understandable, what's wrong with being a father, or a male?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Cottonballs

I've brought my kid to a parent and baby/toddler swim group, never an issue as to which parent brings them. Maybe it's not the others at the session that are uncomfortable?

Advertisement