Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiga games bought for 500k

• 09-07-2013 12:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

300 IPs....not a bad deal!, i had an Amiga myself, and a C64....Spectrum, Amstrad, ZX81....had them all.

My mam always encouraged me into computers, dunno how she was able to buy all of them!....but she did it! :eek: :)

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/08/amiga-games-acquired/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I loved the Amiga. I had an A500 and I was always really jealous of people with A1200's.

Great machine, so many classic titles, and that amazing sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Someone should bring Moonstone to the Vita. It was the Demons Souls of it's time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Ditto a former Amiga owner. I'll always have an affection memory of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Kick off 2 Return to Europe :D and Wings of Fury...ahhh good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Still my favourite gaming machine to this day. Had the A500 and eventually got the RAM upgrade to make it play 600 games. A whopping 512 kb upgrade!!! The best thing about it was the bragging rights, when everyone had a SNES or Megadrive the Amiga was the original master-race!! :pac:

It had some amazing games for it's time, the most memorable for myself and my brothers was Shadow of the Beast 2. We literally spent years trying to finish it. Think Dark Souls with 1 life and no save feature and no I'm not joking!

The game was so far ahead of its time and it pretty much went under the radar, it was such a shame! I would advise anyone to check it out even now, it still holds up well. The gorgeous graphics, the fantastic music and the excellent world and enemy design make it a joy to play. However its completely over the top difficulty made it very hard to get into!

Also Sensible World of Soccer is still the best football game ever made! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have an Amiga 500 upped to 1mb and a 1200 in the wardrobe still
    used to love it and the main disk to have was X-Copy and a membership to Computer City on Cathal Brugha St :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Amigas are still great machines. An A1200 with some fast RAM and a compact flash HDD can run games instantly, no loading times, no disks. Definitely recommend picking one up if you have the space :)

Only down side to them is the capacitors being prone to leaking, so it's good practice to have them changed.

Regarding the OP, $500,000 isn't bad when you think about what they're getting, not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not forgetting the first voiced adventure game, Valhalla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Great machines alright, I had an A500, upgraded to 1MB then got an A1200 and eventually a disappointing CD32. I should have moved to PC earlier but I didnt want to admit to myself that they had become better. A valuable life lesson to not be a fanboi learned!

Amiga could have done better by filling that niche between PCs and consoles but they never got the right hardware together to compete in the later years and just seemed to want to milk their fan base instead. I have fond memories of Turrican, Flashback, Syndicate, Speedball 2, Frontier: Elite II and Beneath a Steel Sky. Some amiga tunes: http://www.amigaremix.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

God, I was such an Amiga fanboy. My dad bought the Class of the 90's pack back in '89, and suddenly I didn't have to spend a fortune down the arcades any more. I upgraded to an A1200 with an accelerator card, 16 megs extra RAM, a whopping 300 meg hard disk I never managed to fill because HEY LOOK AN EFFICIENT OS, all in a lovely Power Computing tower case. Still works perfectly. Must visit the parents again soon and power it up for some nostalgia.

This is good news. The Amiga scene was a huge melting pot of creative talent, and some utterly wonderful games and franchises got started in someone's bedroom programming on Blitz Basic. I look forward to these promised announcements with childish glee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

One of my biggest regrets was getting rid of my Amiga and games.
    If I could only turn back time......

I did, however, manage to get another Amiga, but didn't get any games with it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Had a 500 and a 1200 - great machines both. Still in my mam's house somewhere as far as I know.

Remember the Action Replay card? The must have for cheating in games! :P

Kick-off 2
    Sensible Soccer
    Lotus Turbo Challenge

great games

Advertisement