Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word of Warning / Suspicious Behaviour

Options
  • 09-07-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

We all know about the charity stickers that come in our doors, however,

Word of warning for anyone living in Swords or otherwise.. I confronted a bloke acting suspiciously outside my next door neighbours this morning just after 7am, who walked off quickly when I came outside, I followed him and asked what he was doing. He had a few charity collection stickers in his hand which I found strange.. the website on the stickers does not exist, and he did not want to stop and listen to me. Found it quite odd and I don't think leaflets were his reason for hanging around my neighbours car / shed door.

Not much of a discussion, more just a word of warning..Keep your cars and doors locked up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    the website on the stickers does not exist,

they rarely do! I don't think even one of those "Charities" who put the flyers through the doors are legit. I have also heard stories of them checking your front door to see if its open while they put the stuff through. So always make sure you lock up and don't leave car or house keys or any valuables in sight of the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Little Ted wrote: »
    they rarely do! I don't think even one of those "Charities" who put the flyers through the doors are legit. I have also heard stories of them checking your front door to see if its open while they put the stuff through. So always make sure you lock up and don't leave car or house keys or any valuables in sight of the front door.

Last couple of Saturdays a couple of intimidating young men have been hassling people to support drugs awareness outside gerry's supermarket in Skerries. The manager in the shop tried move them on but they have a 'permit'. Nobody's giving them anything - they seem to be selling lines. I'm dodging out the back door to avoid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

cbreeze wrote: »
    hassling people to support drugs awareness.... they seem to be selling lines.
    :D apt choice of words! Lol

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There was one of those guy's selling lines :D outside C&T's and I found him very polite and thankful for the few coppers I gave him on the way in that I gave him a few more on the way out :) I guess it just takes all sorts to make a world and some are better at it than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I think theyre from the hanly centre I give to them when I can theyre only trying to get themselves back on the road to recovery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think theyre from the hanly centre I give to them when I can theyre only trying to get themselves back on the road to recovery

Article on these Hanly lads...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/addiction-charity-nothing-short-of-criminal-says-judge-29292524.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

The Hanly Centre is a joke.

Wouldn't give them the lint in my pocket. Far more deserving, reputable charities out there.

Advertisement