Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Salon IFSC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I believe that once the business is in liquidation, then it will not be possible to bring a Small Claims Court case against it. In addition, you cannot lodge "group" cases

Other posters - please correct me if I am incorrect in this

• Registered Users Posts: 4 patriciahrb

Hi there,

Thank you so much for all your help. I've done what you said, (write to the liquidator and my bank) and today I got a letter telling me that I have my money back on my account but if the process with the merchant fails they will take my money back.

Someone is in the same situation? Do you think that the chargeback will fail?

Thank you

(Sorry for my English)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Hi there,

Thank you so much for all your help. I've done what you said, (write to the liquidator and my bank) and today I got a letter telling me that I have my money back on my account but if the process with the merchant fails they will take my money back.

Someone is in the same situation? Do you think that the chargeback will fail?

Thank you

(Sorry for my English)

This is standard on all refunds including where money is stolen from an account - it protects the bank if someone was making a false claim.

It will only fail if they challenge it and can prove you were not genuine, so you will not hear any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 patriciahrb

sandin wrote: »
    This is standard on all refunds including where money is stolen from an account - it protects the bank if someone was making a false claim.

It will only fail if they challenge it and can prove you were not genuine, so you will not hear any further.

Thank you so much for your help. I didn't understand the letter properly,my English is not good enough. I thought that if The Salon does not agree with the bank they could take my money back again.

Thanks

I hope everyone can have their money back, or at least part like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cieege

Hi Guys,

I must commend Living Social on their response - they are giving me a full refund of what I gave through them, they offered me credit on my Living Social account first but I asked again for a refund and am now getting it - it only took them an hour to respond also!

I am now beginning the process of dealing with the bank etc. Hopefully it all goes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 scasw

Hi has anyone had any luck with their banks for refund yet. The liquidator told me there no money for creditors. I doubt I'll have any luck with the bank as I paid using my laser card :(

Cieege wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I must commend Living Social on their response - they are giving me a full refund of what I gave through them, they offered me credit on my Living Social account first but I asked again for a refund and am now getting it - it only took them an hour to respond also!

I am now beginning the process of dealing with the bank etc. Hopefully it all goes as well.

Living social have no choice - you bought from them, it can't be honoured, they HAVE to refund you. So no special customer service given, just what they had to do.
    scasw wrote: »
    Hi has anyone had any luck with their banks for refund yet. The liquidator told me there no money for creditors. I doubt I'll have any luck with the bank as I paid using my laser card :(

Sorry, Laser card is like cash - if you paid by laser to the clinic the money is gone and unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Thankfully Laser is all but gone now and replaced by visa debit cards which do have protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 miriac

Hi,

I paid half of the treatment with a debit visa card bit the other half in cash so I assume that I lost the money. I am going to start the process to get back the amount that I paid by card.

I also ask for advice to a solicitor in Spain and he told me there is the option of going to the police and sue the company...

any suggestion..?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

miriac wrote: »
    Hi,

I paid half of the treatment with a debit visa card bit the other half in cash so I assume that I lost the money. I am going to start the process to get back the amount that I paid by card.

I also ask for advice to a solicitor in Spain and he told me there is the option of going to the police and sue the company...

any suggestion..?

Well that's gonna be no use whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TeachC

I am a little late beginning to try to claim back what is owed to me.... I paid €300 for 6 laser hair removal sessions and I still had 5 laser sessions left. I also had two Shellacs on my account.

How do I begin this process? Do I get in touch with my bank first? I cannot remember how I paid for the Shellac but I'm pretty sure I paid the €300 for laser hair removal on my credit card....

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Emmy10011

I bought the deal for 79 and I've paid extra 350 for the laser hair removal, this was in April. I rang the bank, they said it is too late, and they can't do anything about this. I applied to the Small Claims Court, but they rejected my application saying, that procedure cannot be commenced as this company is now in Voluntary Liquidation. I sent an email to the liquidator, but I didn't get back from him. So, I'm really disappointed :(
    Is there anything else I can do to get my money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thefairyprince

Living Social gave me EUR79.00 Credit on my Living Social Account which I was happy enough about!
    The bank refund is another thing. I have paid by Mastercard & am in the process of gathering 'additional information' regarding my claim for the bank. I am now not hopeful at all that they will refund me.

I pass The Salon daily as I work in the IFSC & it makes me so mad seeing it. Within the last 4-6 weeks they have removed all the furniture & products from the salon so it is completely empty.

Has anyone successfully received a refund from their banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi,
    We received a partial Visa chargeback refund a while ago for treatments not received because The Salon went into Liquidation. 'Reckon we were one of the "lucky" ones who could make a chargeback claim as the time restraints are strictly applied. Will use Visa again whenever possible as the protection offered is invaluable sometimes. Best of luck.

Ephraim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wonder how long it'll be before a new salon opens there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I walked past this today....its up for sale.

http://www.allsopspace.ie/auction/lot/5781

That's a very good price for a great location if you have the right business for the area. mmmmm... tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 scasw

How did you contact living social. I sent an email about a mth ago and haven't heard back from them. Did you call them and if so what number. Thx for the help :)

Fudgy wrote: »
    On Saturday I received the following text from The Salon in the IFSC

"It is with regret that due to unforeseen circumstances the salon must close short term. All effort will be made to accommodate voucher and course holders"

I am half way through a course of 8 session and want to know what are my rights and if anyone knows what the story is with them.

Advertisement