Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian CV

Options
  • 09-07-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Has anyone any tips or can recommend any sites with examples on how to type up and Australian CV ? Layout, pages, relevant info, length, key points etc.

I understand that an Irish CV layout is different would it be okay to send out an Irish CV or would it be better to type up an Australian layout ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Irish CV is fine, but get rid of the Irish stuff like secondary school etc, I get CV's all the time and any agencies usually strip out a lot of stuff for you anyway.
    But stick with relevant info, if going for e.g. an IT job, no need to put down you worked in spar etc.
    Sometimes I get 2 page CV's and sometimes 4 page, but usually are brief history of jobs, achievements and skills in bullet points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

hussey wrote: »
    Irish CV is fine, but get rid of the Irish stuff like secondary school etc, I get CV's all the time and any agencies usually strip out a lot of stuff for you anyway.
    But stick with relevant info, if going for e.g. an IT job, no need to put down you worked in spar etc.
    Sometimes I get 2 page CV's and sometimes 4 page, but usually are brief history of jobs, achievements and skills in bullet points.

how many pages would you recommend? Is 1 page enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Would you include contact details of referees on the cv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Would you include contact details of referees on the cv?

Nope. If they want to check you provide details then...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Name
    Limited address (Suburb, state)
    Number
    Email
    No DOB

Some Personal stuff:
    Visa details - Extremely important, dont leave it out or you will just waste time
    E.G. Have 6 years in software dev looking for fulltime...

Education:
    Degree, certs, industry awards

Work Experience:
    Newest First
    E.G.
    Coca Cola - IT Contractor Jan 2011 - Jan 2012
    Large soft drinks producer etc etc
    Duties in bullets

Skills matrix:
    Databases...
    Oracle 11g 3 years commercial experience
    Servers...