Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 Hours in Bangkok!

• 09-07-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I will have a very brief stopover in Bangkok as part of my holidays (needed to get a connecting flight from there so we decided to stay overnight and get the flight the next afternoon). Will be flying into DMK airport on a Saturday afternoon and out again from there on the Sunday afternoon, so just looking for a bit of advice on the essential "must see/do" type things we could squeeze in!
    Also any advice on where to stay (area-wise) would be much appreciated! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Beat the blues

The kings palace is a must see its spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Cheers, I'll check it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

It depends on how adventurous you want to be with your time. You could try something like this. Check in to a hotel on Phanonyothin road in the north of the city which is about 15 km south of DM airport and you can get easily to there on the Sunday.
    Check in by 2? Taxi straight to Grand Palace. Finish with temples you can walk to the river and get a cheap public boat down the river and get out at Sathorn and taxi to Banyan Tree hotel and catch the sunset from open air 60th floor. Expensive, but you can just go down to the cocktail bar end of it and grab as drink. About 8 head to Siam paragon shopping centre and take in one of the biggest shopping complexes in Asia. Take the Skytain back to Mo Chit station where your hotel should be in walking distance and collapse into bed. Catch breakfast at the famous Chatuchack Weekend Market and beautiful park beside it which is also nearby and hop in a taxi around 11 to make share you are at the airport for noon.
    This is a lot of stuff but doable. Taxis are incredibly cheap and easy to find. Any other questions, ask away, I live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Perfect 1stimpressions, just the kind of info I was looking for! :D

Advertisement