Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fields Around Parkmore Industrial Estate (East)

Options
  • 09-07-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I work in one of the offices in Parkmore Industrial Estate East and go for walks on my lunch. In the large grass areas surrounding it there are a good few horses grazing. Recently I spotted that one of them had a rather large open wound on one his hind legs that did not look taken care of.

In my concern for the horse's wellbeing, I contacted the Irish Horse Welfare Trust. They told me that if the owner is nowhere to be found, the responsibility lies with the owner of the land. They asked if I knew who that would be but I have no clue.

Does anyone know who/what owns those pieces of land or how I could find out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Dutchess wrote: »
    I work in one of the offices in Parkmore Industrial Estate East and go for walks on my lunch. In the large grass areas surrounding it there are a good few horses grazing. Recently I spotted that one of them had a rather large open wound on one his hind legs that did not look taken care of.

In my concern for the horse's wellbeing, I contacted the Irish Horse Welfare Trust. They told me that if the owner is nowhere to be found, the responsibility lies with the owner of the land. They asked if I knew who that would be but I have no clue.

Does anyone know who/what owns those pieces of land or how I could find out?

Post a map, I'll find out and reply by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Hoe you can see this attachments. Marked the area out in red circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Dutchess wrote: »
    Hoe you can see this attachments. Marked the area out in red circles.

From the looks of that image (it's well out of date, the Merit Medical building is missing) it looks like those horses could be inside the fence on the IDA owned land.

I'm assuming however they're not inside the fence, so that could well be land that's in believed to be in NAMA.

My advice would be to ring GSPCA, they may know about these animals already.

Advertisement