Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information Technology WD155

• 09-07-2013 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hey I have just finished a Plc and I am about to start this course in September. I am wondering can anyone give me a clue on what kind of maths I should brush up on before starting this course to give me a head start. I have not done maths in years :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

deisedave wrote: »
    Hey I have just finished a Plc and I am about to start this course in September. I am wondering can anyone give me a clue on what kind of maths I should brush up on before starting this course to give me a head start. I have not done maths in years :eek:

don't bother. it'll probably all be new to you and it's handy enough anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

don't bother. it'll probably all be new to you and it's handy enough anyway.

Really?

I don't think I should have to much of a problem because I will have good attendance for lectures and be putting the work in. I just was wondering did anyone know much about the maths that is in the course. Did you do the course yourself, how did you find it?

Thanks for your input :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

deisedave wrote: »
    Really?

I don't think I should have to much of a problem because I will have good attendance for lectures and be putting the work in. I just was wondering did anyone know much about the maths that is in the course. Did you do the course yourself, how did you find it?

Thanks for your input :)

i didnt do it but i shared maths with them in first year. it was matrices which was probably the hardest part, financial maths and some binary stuff. half the module is excel too which means you could pass just on the excel exam which is really easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

no worries with the maths. 30% goes for an excel test and 40 is all thats needed for a pass. Its piss easy.

Theres a test after about 2 months worth 20% of continuous assesment. It will be 1 topic. Possibly matrices.

So technically you could study matrices hard and already have 20% of the years marks. Then you just need another 20 to pass.

I was worried about maths and got 85% so dont worry. Id be more worried about other subjects. Systems analysis has a much higher failure rate. Ill send you on a few past papers for different subjects if you drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Media999 wrote: »
    no worries with the maths. 30% goes for an excel test and 40 is all thats needed for a pass. Its piss easy.

Theres a test after about 2 months worth 20% of continuous assesment. It will be 1 topic. Possibly matrices.

So technically you could study matrices hard and already have 20% of the years marks. Then you just need another 20 to pass.

I was worried about maths and got 85% so dont worry. Id be more worried about other subjects. Systems analysis has a much higher failure rate. Ill send you on a few past papers for different subjects if you drop me a PM.

Hey thanks for the information and yeah some past papers would be nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement