Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Mayer - New Album

Options
  • 09-07-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey all,

So any John Mayer fans on here looking forward to his new album "Paradise Valley" due in August?! :)

Judging by the first single and some recent live performances this is shaping up nicely. Another slight change in muscial direction.

Walt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-DQrgHBKLk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I liked the sound of "Born and Raised", was a nice laid back, Neil Young-esque album. I think its the best one he's done and has less of the show-off guitar wankery that he sometimes has on his stuff (or even that "adult rock" pingy kind of guitar solo style).

Not a huge fan of this song though - I would've preferred him to keep up the acoustic style.

But good that he's made another album so quick! I like when bands do that. Sigur Ros did that recently too, two albums in as many years.

Nice username btw! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Nice username btw! ;)

Thanks! As soon as Born & Raised came out I thought that would be a good username! :D

"Paper Doll" wasn't a favourite of mine at first listen but it has really grown on me. Some real nice subtle guitar work in there.

Maybe this track will be more along the lines of what you're after:

Great little acoustic song!

Pretty nice. It does sound like the song "Born And Raised". BTW the Crosby / Nash harmonies on that are gorgeous. As you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Going over to Amsterdam to see him in October, can't wait.

Seems to be mixing up the set nicely each night so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

For anyone that is interested this song is just all kinds of awesome.

Advertisement