Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's on fire out by the industrial estate

Options
  • 09-07-2013 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

as the title says ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Looks like it's behind the Waterford Crystal swimming pool.
    Crazy amount of smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Just saw it outside as well. Anyone know where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Cork road is closed by wit / crystal centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Fire services have blaze in field at Waterford Crystal under control.

Gardai ask motorists to avoid the area.

Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

We just got an email alert warning that it is a field fire beside the Waterford Crystal Swimming Pool on the cork road

• Advertisement

BOvVl4nCQAA6aAw.jpg

Fire is at Waterford Crystal centre NOT opposite WIT as some sources are claiming. Four fire brigades in attendance. Under control

Fire at Waterford Crystal Playing fields at N25 opposite St Otteran's graveyard .Single lane traffic in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Fire, from Facebook
    261828.JPG

BOvW3_ECQAANxHd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was working in RigneyDolphin when I saw two lads walking along that massive empty field and they lit the field on fire before pegging off. Started off small but like the rest is there to see on photos. Was hoping it would cloud over RigneyDolphin so we could go home early :P Took well over an hour to clear it off I'd say

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

gamercfc wrote: »
    I was working in RigneyDolphin when I saw two lads walking along that massive empty field and they lit the field on fire before pegging off.

Really? Or are ya taking the piss a little?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

It apparently was started by two idiots walking through the field. The idiocy of some individuals holds no bounds. The fields were full of dry, cut grass and it spread pretty quickly. Luckily it didn't go near any of the surrounding gardens/houses.

tumblr_mpooalrd8J1qbew70o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mpooalrd8J1qbew70o2_500.jpg

BOvWLLCCMAIaKvD.jpg:large

Looks like a field of hay

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kenny Mac

Hope the cops catch them two idiots who started the fire. People could have been hurt or even killed, anyone with asthma would have to be careful breathing in the fumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

I was working in RigneyDolphin when I saw two lads walking along that massive empty field and they lit the field on fire before pegging off. Started off small but like the rest is there to see on photos. Was hoping it would cloud over RigneyDolphin so we could go home early :P Took well over an hour to clear it off I'd say

Lets hope that you reported what you saw to the cops. Having five united of the Fire Brigade does not come cheep. These two lads that you claim to have seen (I am sure you can give a detailed description of them) should be made pay for the cost. These units could be needed elsewhere at a genuine accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Used to happen all the time when I was younger. Setting fire to fields for the craic was an almost annual thing, and it was always the same field too.

Not that I think its a good thing, or ever did it myself.

Farmers always burn stubble , but not till after the harvest

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Have to commend the fast work by the fire service in getting the blaze under control so quick and preventing it from spreading. Could easily have been much much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sully wrote: »
    Really? Or are ya taking the piss a little?!

No I swear on my mother's life I'm not messing that's all I saw. They were there for a while before they done it
    Black Suir wrote: »
    Lets hope that you reported what you saw to the cops. Having five united of the Fire Brigade does not come cheep. These two lads that you claim to have seen (I am sure you can give a detailed description of them) should be made pay for the cost. These units could be needed elsewhere at a genuine accident.

They were wearing dark tracksuits by what I could see from here. There were other people around like I'd say they would've reported it, that's what crossed my mind anyway. I just went back inside and thought nothing more of it. I watched the gards taking out the speed bumps and closing the road etc. though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

No I swear on my mother's life I'm not messing that's all I saw. They were there for a while before they done it

They were wearing dark tracksuits by what I could see from here. There were other people around like I'd say they would've reported it, that's what crossed my mind anyway. I just went back inside and thought nothing more of it. I watched the gards taking out the speed bumps and closing the road etc. though.

Sounds like they might have known what they were doing after All seen they were hangin around there for a while...

Advertisement