Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iphone 4s or Sony xperia z??

Options
  • 09-07-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Getting a new phone, thinking of getting either of these. which would ye recommend?? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Alv_M wrote: »
    Getting a new phone, thinking of getting either of these. which would ye recommend?? Thanks :)

It's pretty much impossible to give a recommendation until you give more information on your usage, needs, pricerange, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    It's pretty much impossible to give a recommendation until you give more information on your usage, needs, pricerange, etc.

well both those phones are in the €550 price range, id be using it for high amounts of internet, emails and txt messages mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

i'd say go for a galaxy, for what you need it for the s2 would be ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

They're not even in the same league. The Z is a competitor with the iPhone 5, not the older generation 4S. Nothing wrong with getting a 4S if that's what suits but not at those prices.

rcdk1 wrote: »
    They're not even in the same league. The Z is a competitor with the iPhone 5, not the older generation 4S. Nothing wrong with getting a 4S if that's what suits but not at those prices.

which would you get so? IPhone 5 or the Z?

• Advertisement

which would you get so? IPhone 5 or the Z?
    As it happens I have both. The iPhone 5 is a work phone. I spent my own money on a Z and would do so again.

As it happens I have both. The iPhone 5 is a work phone. I spent my own money on a Z and would do so again.

would you say there's a huge difference in them? I know the Z costs €100 less to buy but from what I've heard its giving the 5 a run for its money

would you say there's a huge difference in them? I know the Z costs €100 less to buy but from what I've heard its giving the 5 a run for its money
    in reality there's isn't a massive difference between any of the current top end phones from each of the big brands i.e. Apple, Sony, Samsung, HTC etc

So if the Z is €100 cheaper (on your preferred call plan), I'd go with that. You get a phone with comparable specs, a larger screen, upgradable memory, a better camera and it's waterproof.

Also, to be frankly honest, the fact that it WASN'T an iPhone or Galaxy S4, was a selling point for me.

Cons: no iTunes, battery life is less due to larger screen and it's not a phone for people with small hands.

in reality there's isn't a massive difference between any of the current top end phones from each of the big brands i.e. Apple, Sony, Samsung, HTC etc

So if the Z is €100 cheaper (on your preferred call plan), I'd go with that. You get a phone with comparable specs, a larger screen, upgradable memory, a better camera and it's waterproof.

Also, to be frankly honest, the fact that it WASN'T an iPhone or Galaxy S4, was a selling point for me.

Cons: no iTunes, battery life is less due to larger screen and it's not a phone for people with small hands.

thanks you've been more helpful then my phone company, they just said the phones have similar features and couldn't give me any more advice or info.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

http://www.compare-cellphones.org/Sony-Xperia-Z-vs-Apple-iPhone-4S

Sony is a much better phone. Also, I would put not using iTunes as a massive plus rather than a con !!

If you're looking for something slightly cheaper, have a look at the Xperia T. I don't like the look of the Z, but the T is a bit curvier I think.

fwiw, I have an xperia Arc - love the camera and the design. I'm looking to upgrade now, and will probably go for the Xperia T as it's not much lower spec than the top phones and it's cheaper.

F.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Itunes is a cludgy mess and is nearly good enough reason itself to not buy an Iphone.

twerg_85 wrote: »
    http://www.compare-cellphones.org/Sony-Xperia-Z-vs-Apple-iPhone-4S

Sony is a much better phone. Also, I would put not using iTunes as a massive plus rather than a con !!

If you're looking for something slightly cheaper, have a look at the Xperia T. I don't like the look of the Z, but the T is a bit curvier I think.

fwiw, I have an xperia Arc - love the camera and the design. I'm looking to upgrade now, and will probably go for the Xperia T as it's not much lower spec than the top phones and it's cheaper.

F.
    To be fair, I don't use iTunes. I suppose my point is that people with a pre-existing iTunes collection would see it as an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

That's true - any music with DRM on it can't be copied (or at least not easily) to an android phone.

Photos, contacts etc. easy to transfer though.

F.

Advertisement