Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Options
  • 09-07-2013 4:16pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mod Note: Most of the discussion about the game is taking place over on the GTA forum, so have a look over yonder for any specific queries! This thread will remain open for general chat about the game.

I'm usually one to say meh to the GTA games but sweet jesus does this look good:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I think I'm going to have to take a couple of weeks of work this September...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That just looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

That does look amazing. If you could do three player COOP, especially with the heist system, it would hella fun (never enough). Presumably there stance of "we have nothing to share about next gen console release" means that they will release it, but probably not until a few months after launch or they would have started pre orders already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

We were just chatting about this in the office. There's 2 of us in at the moment, and both of us dislike GTA games, but both are quite excited by this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I think I'll wait to see if a next gen offering is going to materialise..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might have to sink for a month of Live on release. I don't do multiplayer but that bout of bordsie multiplayer the day after the release of GTAIV was an absolute blast and one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Game environments reminded me a lot of Just Cause 2. The flying,bridges, desert and exotic landscapes. It does look amazing, has definitely upped my hype for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Which version is likely to be best, 360 or PS3? Apparently the footage is PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Incredible. All is forgiven for the BOREDOM SIMULATOR that was GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

There are some load of cynical dopes on Youtube giving it "The graphics look like GTA IV"

People are actually begging for it to be released on a next-gen console and are refusing to buy it on PS3/360 because of this. What the hell like? Let us not forget that GTA IV's graphics are incredible! Why would it be a bad thing now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

gamercfc wrote: »
    There are some load of cynical dopes on Youtube giving it "The graphics look like GTA IV"

People are actually begging for it to be released on a next-gen console and are refusing to buy it on PS3/360 because of this. What the hell like? Let us not forget that GTA IV's graphics are incredible! Why would it be a bad thing now?

Because they've put in preorders for expensive new consoles when there's going to be nowt to play on them for at least 6months except Ryse and Killzone and FIFA with slightly more detail on the players' shirts. This is the best time for the current gen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I'm sure that boycott will work well just like the MW2 one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Youtube comments wouldn't exactly be the best place to judge reactions to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can't wait to get 40% through this one and then get bored :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I want this game now damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Looks great, can't wait to see what online is like! The part of online at the very end of the video looks amazing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still no PC version. :(

Will have to pick up ps3 version so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

That looks epic now pc or ps4 hmm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Lone Stone wrote: »
    That looks epic now pc or ps4 hmm

Hopefully, I'd say it quite likely we'll see a next gen console/PC release at some point, but going on Rockstars prior form for the GTA series, we're unlikely to see anything this side of 2014 though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just looking at it again and thinking that it must be running on PC before I remembered that there is no PC version yet. If that's running on the 360/PS3, it's a marvel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Another bank heist mission...really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Another bank heist mission...really?

You know the entire game is based around heists, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

Looks incredible! I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my PS4 pre-order... Too many great games coming out on PS3 (eg. GTA V, FF X/X-2 HD, Tales Of Xillia 1 / 2, Gran Turismo 6, Dark Souls 2 etc.)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

FLOODY777 wrote: »
    Looks incredible! I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my PS4 pre-order... Too many great games coming out on PS3 (eg. GTA V, FF X/X-2 HD, Tales Of Xillia 1 / 2, Gran Turismo 6, Dark Souls 2 etc.)!

Ye it goes to show there is still plenty of life left in these current gen machines to keep people going into the next gen releases. I'm hoping titanfall works well on the 360

EDIT: and back on topic GTA looks amazing, can't wait to get it. Has anyone seen any pre order benefits yet from GameStop or others?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

FLOODY777 wrote: »

Dont do that brah! Just get the PS4 and play them on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Dont do that brah! Just get the PS4 and play them on that

But the PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

• Jaw Dropping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

I'm glad they released gameplay of the character switching. It's the one thing I was most worried about...having 3 main characters instead of controlling 1. This looks seemless and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Threw it on (360) a few months ago and I have to say its not as amazing as I remembered. It hasn't aged in the same way as Oblivion (another game i thought was amazing on release) has, and its still a marvel for the hardware but there's no getting away from the shortcuts they had to make for the hardware. Battlefield 4 was where I really felt this generation was done, Far Cry 3 another recent example.

The trailer does look great and it's not going to happen, but if i knew that a next gen version was coming out in a year I'd wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

looks amazing

might actually cancel my x1 preorder, this should keep me going till after xmas:P not to mention darksouls 2 :D

screw next gen :L their either releasing these consoles at a bad time, or the games are being released on at a bad time

Advertisement