Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vladicaris

Quad-core will be enough for gta V ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

vladicaris wrote: »
    Quad-core will be enough for gta V ?

No PC release has been announced yet. Could be months before it's even announced let alone released. PS3 or 360 only for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Would it be too late to per order in xtra vision or GameStop ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

browner85 wrote: »
    Would it be too late to per order in xtra vision or GameStop ?

No....still taking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

Ponster wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to take a couple of weeks of work this September...
    u need to get a couple of weeks of work
    i know what u mean, new games are very expensive

• Advertisement

like every other business ever in the history of everything?

Most other businesses try and stay competitive and attract customers in whereas gamestop have in recent times started to give two fingers to customers by charging well above rrp for many titles. They're also not above lieing to customers in order to shift some product.

Most other businesses try and stay competitive and attract customers in whereas gamestop have in recent times started to give two fingers to customers by charging well above rrp for many titles. They're also not above lieing to customers in order to shift some product.

+1...i have seen + overheard staff in William St. Limerick do this, several times....the staff are rude and clueless, especially the girls who have ZERO interest in gaming or being there.

The manager of Gamestop Parkway SC is a top lad! :) - a real gamer, he has every console + handheld...he'll often chat away with you for 30 mins just talking gaming or consoles and knows his stuff.

But overall, yes...Gamestop are rippoff merchants in every area of their business :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It looks pretty massive. Hope the areas outside the city are more lively then in San Andreas though, as that was quite boring at times. I do look forward to exploring though.

i hope driving the cars has improved since gta4, they bounced all over the place

• Advertisement

Faz6r wrote: »
    i hope driving the cars has improved since gta4, they bounced all over the place

Various interviews i read say they totally reworked the cars.

Various interviews i read say they totally reworked the cars.
    hopefully, i played gta4 for 1 hour and haven't played since because of the driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

the staff are rude and clueless, especially the girls who have ZERO interest in gaming or being there.

*gulp*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

U5yEdpF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

+1...i have seen + overheard staff in William St. Limerick do this, several times....the staff are rude and clueless, especially the girls who have ZERO interest in gaming or being there.

The manager of Gamestop Parkway SC is a top lad! :) - a real gamer, he has every console + handheld...he'll often chat away with you for 30 mins just talking gaming or consoles and knows his stuff.

But overall, yes...Gamestop are rippoff merchants in every area of their business :mad:

Which one of them in there is manager , Is it the chubby lad ? of the two others i know in there either of them is hardly a manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I've just been reading up on this today - am I right in saying nobody will be able to play online until October 1st?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

'Grand Theft Auto Online' has 500 missions, takes place after campaign

Grand Theft Auto Online contains more than 500 missions and takes place after the events of the main campaign, it has been revealed.

The aim of GTA Online is to make money and accumulate assets such as cars and property, although there's no definitive conclusion

Some of the 500+ missions can be completed solo, while others require a team, with players able to call for backup from biker gangs and airstrikes from security firms, and receive other technological perks by befriending criminal figures.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/gaming/news/a514564/grand-theft-auto-online-has-500-missions-takes-place-after-campaign.html

It'll take quite some time to complete this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Seriously can't wait for this. Could do with a few days off work to get to grips with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

€65 euro will be worth, midnight launch, slap the money on the counter, pick up the game goin bump in the night !

€65 euro will be worth, midnight launch, slap the money on the counter, pick up the game goin bump in the night !

aye...i cant wait to play arkham origins....i'll pony up 65 notes if i get to play it at 12.30 on the night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

kensutz wrote: »
    Seriously can't wait for this. Could do with a few days off work to get to grips with it.

Same here. Even in real life I'll be thinking about things to do in GTA. I'll be walking past cars thinking of pressing triangle. And PES 2014 is released 3 days later. Dear lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Finally got a job offer the other week, thought I'd be starting Monday, turns out it won't be for a couple of weeks - all I can think is how glad I am to have some time to play GTA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Heard that online starts before the events of the single player game rather than after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I picked the wrong time to go back to college lol :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I'm away for 10 days with work from Sunday so won't get near this next week :( although I will have a week off to after that to get stuck into it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm away for 10 days with work from Sunday so won't get near this next week :( although I will have a week off to after that to get stuck into it :)

Makes it all the more sweeter for when you get back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I finish my contract in work tomorrow, so i'll have two or three weeks off to enjoy this. Really looking forward to getting stuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kiith wrote: »
    I finish my contract in work tomorrow, so i'll have two or three weeks off to enjoy this. Really looking forward to getting stuck in.

Nice :) I have Tuesday and Wednesday off work and will be doing nothing else on both days but playing it (and occasionally taking a break to roll a joint or eat :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'm really excited for the online aspect of this game. If the stock-exchange system and cash systems are as detailed as they're hinting it could be really cool to do things your own way. I was thinking of investing stock in train transportation system and then bombing up a lot of planes in the airports, nobody going by plane anymore and my stock would hit the roof (I think).

I'm also thinking of setting up a team to solely intercept and take down other teams while they're performing heists so we can steal their loot. All the money and only a fraction of the heat. Guess I'll be glued to the in-game TV waiting for news choppers to show me what routes they're taking :P

Ah man, so hyped. Getting PS3 version and game-sharing it online with someone else to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

krudler wrote: »
    I don't think 65 quid for hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay is that much, it's a night on the beer really. You get an absolute ton of value for money on games like this. Like cinema prices, I went to see Riddick the other night, cost me 20 bucks between the ticket, a drink, popcorn and sweets, and the film was sh1te, that's a third of the cost of GTAV and I'll still (hopefully) be playing that for months to come.

I don't think anyone is saying that the game isn't worth €65... the point people are making is it's available for considerably less. The debate is about how much extra are you willing to pay to get the game at midnight next Monday. So, let me throw an example at you... if it was for sale for €25 on Amazon, and you were guaranteed to get it Thursday morning, would you still be buying from Gamestop for €65? Would you pay an extra €40 for 2 days play?

I bought from Amazon for €42.63 delivered... €22.37 is my lunch for 2 weeks in work.

Advertisement