Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mazzy maz

elsparko wrote: »
    anyone know what price harveys are selling it for? or, where is cheapest for that matter?

Tesco is €54.99
    HMV is €59.99

Anyone else have prices they can confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Argos is centrefield at €57.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

humanji wrote: »
    All sold out as far as I know. You can check the stock availability on their site.

Fear not! Argos has tons of stock:

PS3:
    fG2EAP5.png

Xbox 360
    WKBzWao.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, seems like everyone completely overlooked Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just waiting on mine to come in the post zzzz. Does anyone know if its ok to install the entire thing on the ps3 or is this texture loading issue only effect xbox ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Probably because they had no pre-order system in place.
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    just waiting on mine to come in the post zzzz. Does anyone know if its ok to install the entire thing on the ps3 or is this texture loading issue only effect xbox ?

Xbox 360 issue with dual discs I think. Don't think it affects PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

That said, I'd love a world where critics were brave enough to voice sensible dissent without facing the inevitable backlash. I've read excellent reviews I've completely disagreed with - the fun part of criticism, and the bit that can help improve our own analytical skills, is proactively engaging and accepting alternate opinions: a trait the most vocal gamers have yet to adapt.

Agree with that. There was a huge kerfuffle recently when Dragon's Crown came out, it got pretty good reviews overall but Polygon marked it down for its art style, there's one female character with an enormous amount of cleavage on show. The reviewer happened to be a woman and people went a bit nuts over it. There was a good Jimquisition piece on it on The Escapist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Car upgrades are expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Kiith wrote: »
    The game is bloody hilarious.

My brother got this last night and put it on straight away. I was up all night until about 6 working on a project and he was playing away. The excitement between the two of us about the game (even though I wasn't playing and probably won't get a game until the weekend) and the atmosphere all night. It was like xmas. I enjoyed watching him play and enjoyed the game and found it to be very funny. Your man in the game, smoking weed while watching telly. I almost wet myself laughing so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭siblers

mazzy maz wrote: »
    Tesco is €54.99
    HMV is €59.99

Anyone else have prices they can confirm?

€57.99 in Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not anymore - all dublin shops now 'Item can be ordered' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Still have one no longer needed reservation number for X360 version in Argos Liffey Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I went and got mine in the Navan Gamestop last night, and by looks of it, they had plenty left over, though they may well have been picked up this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It has turned into a farce in HMV and GameStop branches in the city centre. Tonnes of people being turned away and huge queues still. Thankfully I pre-ordered!

Now just a miserably long afternoon of work and equally miserable commute.

Thanks to dmcg90, I rocked up to Argos and got a copy. Step 2 is to make a pass at my boss and get fired so that I can go home (or get lucky).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Thanks to dmcg90, I rocked up to Argos and got a copy. Step 2 is to make a pass at my boss and get fired so that I can go home (or get lucky).

Which argos? Does anyone know where still has copies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The console versions all seem to have texture streaming issues. Just shows how awful the XBox 360 and PS3 are. I'm going for the superior verison of the game that's on solid state so now streaming issues for me:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/0fab656bbee1726daa6c0b96e2dd4315/tumblr_mt9811rHWo1qfwa93o1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Reading the eurogamer faceoff i cant help but shake my head at the mere mention of 20 fps and 30 fps being mentioned in 2013 but taking into account the scale on ancient hardware its understandable.

The GTA games have always ran like dogs on consoles.

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »
    Which argos? Does anyone know where still has copies?
    Swords Pavillion. I think they're sold out now. If you go to the argos website you can check the availability in the various stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Swords Pavillion. I think they're sold out now. If you go to the argos website you can check the availability in the various stores.

Thanks. Mate of mine is doing the walk of shame around town trying to find one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The GTA games have always ran like dogs on consoles.

I wouldnt know, i only bought the GTA games when going cheap on steam sales etc.

Ry wrote: »
    Thanks. Mate of mine is doing the walk of shame around town trying to find one.

has he not got a phone?

Couldnt believe the amount of people getting this in Galway last night out the Headford road(Smyths and Tesco across the road from Smyths).

I didnt think there'd be anymore than GTA 4 which I got in Smyths at the time.

The queue for Smyths was 3 times as long and then Xtravision was stretching around the corner.
    Headed into Tesco expecting a smallish line but it was stretching the store. They just about had enough Xbox for everyone there with about 30 left for the final 15 or so but the Ps3 sold out before I even got up there. Around 20 behind me had to leave at that piint.

Was disappointed to find out there was no online for 2 weeks as this is something I didnt hear pre release and what I was looking forward to most. Awful to only find out when trying to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The console versions all seem to have texture streaming issues. Just shows how awful the XBox 360 and PS3 are. I'm going for the superior verison of the game that's on solid state so now streaming issues for me:
    I'm going to start trying to find room on my SSD for when the PC version comes out. No loading screens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

"Everywhere I looked, something reminded me of her.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I can't give michael cornrows, that's racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hippyhippo wrote: »
    spam

That's not proof, it's a countdown timer that doesn't explain what it is counting down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant get over how hard the driving is, I dont think other GTA games were this hard?

Can anything be done?

Advertisement