Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

One thing that's annoying me is how quickly your own car can disappear if you get out and do stuff. Had a nice fast car near the scrapyard, got out and killed a bunch of guys, and then it had disappeared about 30 seconds later.

Not a massive issue, but i found a sweet jump that i wanted to try right after it and had to jump it in an A-Team van :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No idea how I missed this but multiplayer won't be accessible for another 2 week :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can someone explain to someone who hasnt owned a xbox 360 in years that what do they mean by not installing the play disk on the hard drive?

Basically what I did was put the install disk and and then it asked for the play disk and I think (not sure) that installed

Was I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Headshot wrote: »
    Can someone explain to someone who hasnt owned a xbox 360 in years that what do they mean by not installing the play disk on the hard drive?

Basically what I did was put the install disk and and then it asked for the play disk and I think (not sure) that installed

Was I wrong?
    That's the right thing to do. I think you can also put the play disk in and from the xbox dashboard, choose the option to install it. But that's what people are warning you about. I panicked myself when it was installing and asked for the play disk, with no option to not install from it. But it's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Phew a bit of relief there

thanks humanji

• Advertisement

What exactly were the issues regarding installing the play disc? Something to do with textures or something? I'm running it with the install disc on the HDD and the play disc on a usb stick, seems fine to me that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

has the blimp code that came with the game worked for anyone ?

I tried 5 times to download it last night and it kept saying you entered the wrong code

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

On the install thing: You only need worry about disc 1, make sure that goes in first and does it's business. It'll only ask you for disc 2 once, obviously, as after that there's no need for disc 1. When you put this in, it completes the install, just the once, after that the game plays from disc 2. Normally, for faster loading [no need for disc accessing during play] and quieter play [no spinning disc noises] you may choose to install a game disc fully. They recommend not to with this release, and it's the first time I've seen this. But it plays smooth enough from the disc, and it's best not to install [though you can] if the dev's themselves suggest against.

I've not tried the blimp yet.

Came across this comparison video showing it running off the disc and installed to usb side by side.

Also i got the blimp code to work by loading the game pausing, scrolling right to xbox market, and you will see a prompt at the bottom to press Y to redeem code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

has the blimp code that came with the game worked for anyone ?

I tried 5 times to download it last night and it kept saying you entered the wrong code

:confused:

I can't remember exactly how but I brought up the PS Store from an in-game menu. Entered the code from their and downloaded fine. I'd say if you follow the instructions that are on the leaflet and it still says invalid code, email Rockstar support with a picture of your receipt of the game and the code itself. I'm reading a lot of other people getting invalid codes as well.

Pity, cuz the blimp is a great laugh.

• Advertisement

thats a million guys got it working

did not see the in game redeem thing at the bottom of the in store page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

calex71 wrote: »
    What exactly were the issues regarding installing the play disc? Something to do with textures or something? I'm running it with the install disc on the HDD and the play disc on a usb stick, seems fine to me that way.

R* decided to use the bandwidth of both the HDD and Disc drive/USB to get better performance, HDD only isnt enough and causes issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hope you are joking or lost your sense of humour in a horrible accident.

Why does it have to be a horrible one? :( :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, for anyone that hasn't got to it yet, don't read.

The By The Book mission,
    I honestly felt bad doing it. It was such an intense mission, and really proves how sick Travor can be. I've no problem killing people, blowing stuff up, etc, but this torture was sick. I've never felt sick with any other game, but this really pushed me to it.

Amazing stuff really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ok, for anyone that hasn't got to it yet, don't read.

The By The Book mission,
    I honestly felt bad doing it. It was such an intense mission, and really proves how sick Travor can be. I've no problem killing people, blowing stuff up, etc, but this torture was sick. I've never felt sick with any other game, but this really pushed me to it.

Amazing stuff really.

Amazing mission and I really enjoyed it. Trevor is turning in to my favourite character :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

$800m in revenue so far, apparently biggest game launch in history.

Yhe camera on the phone is horribly unreliable, must me servers getting hammered with everyone playing it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, I [thought] successfully took and upped about 10 images along the way, and only 3 made it to the R* social club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just noticed some graffiti: Karma - It's a chameleon :D

Edit: Is anyone having trouble with the BAWSAQ market? Lester gave me a tip off/mission and i couldn't buy shares. Feel like i'm after missing out on lots of moolah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Annoying when you can't take a photo because the servers are down. Especially when it's a mission requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just noticed some graffiti: Karma - It's a chameleon :D

Edit: Is anyone having trouble with the BAWSAQ market? Lester gave me a tip off/mission and i couldn't buy shares. Feel like i'm after missing out on lots of moolah!

Ignore the in game BAWSAQ tips.

BAWSAQ is controlled by all players (or maybe console specific), if every GTA player is buying a certain weapon or buying a lot from ammunition and then those stocks go up.

The Liberty City Exchange is based on your game, and the story.

Not really a spoiler but if you want to use his tips then
    the next lester mission ( L ) with Franklin solo will let you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

The dialogue is just absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So if GTA apparently made $800million in 1 day - does that mean they sold ~11.5million copies? 1 in every 14 console owners bought at launch? And that is 1 in every 14 based on total number of console sales since launch - would assume there are some people who bought twice for various reasons but wouldn't imagine that would have a massive impact on the overall number.

Did anyone watch the Capolavoro movie in the cinema ?? WTF? :D

5 hours in this is the best gta game I ever played

Rockstar has done a great job with the changes they have made

as of right now gta 4 never existed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Haven't seen that one but I did watch the loneliest robot in Great Britain in there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Cant believe i watched it all. Took me a while to realise the guy is speaking spanish and the woman is speaking french

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, as a person who hated GTA 4, I can say that I played yesterday gta 5 from 12:00 till 23:30 with breaks and dinner etc. I have not done that on console game since... since... Ps1 and Twisted Metal 2. The good reviews are quite justified.
    All 3 characters are really interesting and the characters I did not expect to be interesting at all, are better then the ones I expected to steal the show. I cant even put my finger one which one is my favorite. I like all of them. :o
    I am getting used to visuals, but it is still annoying. Its not GTA5 fault, its ancient hardware fault. I know for sure PC version will be day one purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

How great is that pop music radio channel. I havent heard one song on it yet thats not a catchy tune which is perfect for cruising around the city in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Someone just stole my bugatti about 5 minutes after i sunk 100,000 into it in los santos customs. Buy stocks in ammunation because this means war

Advertisement