Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

GTA5 is so good. Its not just the missions and the story lines its the little things too. Like how Fernando has his own show now, I love him. Or Laslo and his co-host arguing all the time, hilarious:).
    Has anyone seen the guy smoking weed in the park who wants to legalise Marajhana (sp) and you take a puff and you have this physcotic episode where aliens come and start attacking you:).
    Or taking a drive up the mountain to the Cable Car, its a huge challenge in itself.
    The ramp down outside the Airport Terminal is cool too.
    I love how huge the map is but also that its all open from the start. I haven't made any real money yet as I keep being distracted by things to do elsewhere. I'm so happy with how this game has turned out,10 out of 10 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Love that stuff is so expensive too. Going to be a long while saving for that
    golf course at a cool 150 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agricola wrote: »
    How great is that pop music radio channel. I havent heard one song on it yet thats not a catchy tune which is perfect for cruising around the city in.

Yeah love that one but a pity the other stations are rubbish for the most part. It's really the only think I can fault with it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah love that one but a pity the other stations are rubbish for the most part. It's really the only think I can fault with it so far.

Am I a freak as I like driving around with no music, find it distracting and I like listening to sounds of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, whats the story with cars you own? I sow you can upgrade almost all cars, but I dont want to spend money on a stolen car, which will disapear next time I am gone on mission... Or the only proper way to have a modified car is to modify the Unique car each character owns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ah now, you can't be saying Rock Radio is rubbish.

Also, was sitting in traffic last night, when out of the blue, car crashes on other side of road, two squad cars in pursuit. Guy gets out of car and runs across road with the cops shooting at him. My car is getting pinged and all of a sudden, I become the suspect and have to high tail it. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Guys, whats the story with cars you own? I sow you can upgrade almost all cars, but I dont want to spend money on a stolen car, which will disapear next time I am gone on mission... Or the only proper way to have a modified car is to modify the Unique car each character owns?

There's a garage near to Franklins home where you can store cars that then become yours. (I think. Haven't tried it yet. Have only just unlocked Michael. Too much time just walking and driving)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭RoryMac

There's a garage near to Franklins home where you can store cars that then become yours. (I think. Haven't tried it yet. Have only just unlocked Michael. Too much time just walking and driving)

Yeah Franklin & Michael both have their own garages(shown on the map), store your stolen cars there. They hold around 5 cars each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think the radio stations are pretty decent. Switching between that rock radio in the upper left, west coast classics, radio Los santos and worldwide FM. Burst out laughing yesterday after "By The Book" ,
    was dropping Mr. K to the airport after torturing him and "If you leave me now" came on the radio :D Fit perfectly with the scene in a cruel kind of way

I think the only problem with the game is the falling aspect.

I'm guessing it's slightly bugged as I never remember taking hits so much when trying to climb or going over a slight edge.

You can die pretty easy falling down a fairly flat incline with all the tumbles... doesn't feel like it was meant to be that way either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Has anyone managed to pilot a plane yet? I went to the big international airport last night, promptly got a 3 star rating when i burst through the gates. Hopped into a Shamal and began to take off. The engines took too much damage from the cops and I ended up crashing from the sky. Btw, anyone know how to put the landing gear up on a plane? On Ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You get a mission pretty early into the game that introduces you to aeroplanes - about 17% in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Has anyone managed to pilot a plane yet? I went to the big international airport last night, promptly got a 3 star rating when i burst through the gates. Hopped into a Shamal and began to take off. The engines took too much damage from the cops and I ended up crashing from the sky. Btw, anyone know how to put the landing gear up on a plane? On Ps3.

L3 to bring the landing gear up. I think you need to be at a decent height

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Click the left stick

I had cars in there, but when you use them and dont bring them back, those are gone. really annoying when you cant bring the back due too them being gone after missions.

Stupid thing is I got a message about my car being impounded, but when I got to the station it was a van wreck that I used once to get from a desert and did not even had it in my garage... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Varik wrote: »
    Ignore the in game BAWSAQ tips.

BAWSAQ is controlled by all players (or maybe console specific), if every GTA player is buying a certain weapon or buying a lot from ammunition and then those stocks go up.

The Liberty City Exchange is based on your game, and the story.

Not really a spoiler but if you want to use his tips then
    the next lester mission ( L ) with Franklin solo will let you

Thing is though, on one mission i was "advised" to put money into the Fruit stock, but it was on the BAWSAQ index. Ah well, i really shouldn't be getting too worked up about something in a game which i have no interest in the real life equivilant... Should i??
    I had cars in there, but when you use them and dont bring them back, those are gone. really annoying when you cant bring the back due too them being gone after missions.

Stupid thing is I got a message about my car being impounded, but when I got to the station it was a van wreck that I used once to get from a desert and did not even had it in my garage... :confused:

If you don't recover a "stolen" car after using it, it gets impounded and you have to pay a release fee. I think the impound yard is somewhere near the centre of the city, near Michaels house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I couldnt disagree more. I think the stations are great. A very good varity of music. I love the Rebel country and the Ska one :) also boulevard rock is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Pity, cuz the blimp is a great laugh.

How so? I've been up in it the once and found it fairly painstakingly boring!:)

Is there something I'm missing? The only reason I could see myself go up in it again is to parachute out of it but the chutes haven't been unlocked yet for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Resisting to buy this til I've been sated with Diablo 3... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

How so? I've been up in it the once and found it fairly painstakingly boring!:)

Is there something I'm missing? The only reason I could see myself go up in it again is to parachute out of it but the chutes haven't been unlocked yet for me.

I found the blimp boring enough but the view at night is unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thing is though, on one mission i was "advised" to put money into the Fruit stock, but it was on the BAWSAQ index. Ah well, i really shouldn't be getting too worked up about something in a game which i have no interest in the real life equivilant... Should i??

I figured it out, i was signed out of PSN. Once i signed back in BAWSAQ was back, and i'm makin' money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The best music and radio was always the games set in the past, the radio here other than the ads and talk shows might as well be a real one and not that important.

Wish I could set it up to use an RSS feed as a custom radio station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Really loving the game, but I'm a bit disappointed with the rock radio station so far :(

Maybe I just haven't listened to it long enough, but it's nowhere near the magic that was Vice City..or even San Andreas for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I was only thinking last night they should've put in a Vice City Radio Channel, a San Andreas Radio Channel and a GTA IV radio channel.

And put the best songs from each game on those channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

God Damn these mountain lions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I decided to abandon my blimp earlier up at the Los Venturas sign, I bailed a little earlier and it went spinning wildly as i jumped out to the ground, as I did I was immediately set upon by a pair of those cats :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I punched a shark earlier :pac:

Guys. I got email saying that my property made 12k dollars, but when I checked that characters money, it was still the same. Do you need to puck up money from somewhere like on vice city? I am at that business and I don't see any pick up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Really loving the game, but I'm a bit disappointed with the rock radio station so far :(

Maybe I just haven't listened to it long enough, but it's nowhere near the magic that was Vice City..or even San Andreas for that matter.

Its not as nearly good but Radio GaGa keeps me happy :pac:
    Vice City will always be the benchmark for licensed soundtracks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Love the crazy attention to detail. When in the back of a taxi, spin around the bonnet camera to look into the car. When you press up to look at your phone, Michael looks down at his phone. Put away the phone he looks up and out the window! Not sure if his should wow me, but it does! :D

Advertisement