Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Looks ridiculous.

I'm sure that was running on a specialized rig to make it seem as fluid as possible.

You don't sell products running them on toasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Looks ridiculous.

I'm sure that was running on a specialized rig to make it seem as fluid as possible.

You don't sell products running them on toasters.

Apparently it was on PS3...

c00013bec386732fe0b17b64a0c5589f.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More than likely running on a development PC to keep the framerate consistent. Some of the physics effects like the breaking wall look insane and more next gen than current gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Any word on PC release date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If anyone can pull off that technical level of achievement, it's Rockstar. Just look what they coaxed out of the PS2 with San Andreas.

Don't see any reason to disbelieve them when they say it's PS3 footage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MadYaker wrote: »

They're currently hiring programmers for the PC port. It's on their site somewhere

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There hiring programmers at Rockstar leads "to bring its latest titles to PC", it doesn't mention GTA 5 per say, but considering it is the latest title and following the track record of releasing the PC version several months after the console version I'd say its a solid bet. I'm just hoping against hope that Red Dead Redemption shows up as well. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone can pull off that technical level of achievement, it's Rockstar. Just look what they coaxed out of the PS2 with San Andreas.

Don't see any reason to disbelieve them when they say it's PS3 footage.

We'll have to wait and see how the framrate holds up. The GTA games usually suffer from awful tearing and frame rate problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

this game is my game of the year

**** what i said about the last of us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm so pissed that I have to purchase a console to play this or else wait for the PC release date, which I won't be able to do judging by clips so far. BAH! Worth it I bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

it loks like the same engine they used for the max payne 3 game from last year so i would be optimistic, it was a very smooth engine and no clear framerate/tearing issues, the game on the other hand was not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Yakult wrote: »
    I'm so pissed that I have to purchase a console to play this or else wait for the PC release date, which I won't be able to do judging by clips so far. BAH! Worth it I bet.

Same here, i have to purchase one soon, hopefully there will be a deal on the xbox 360 and the game, not going to go for the ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Deano7788 wrote: »
    But the PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

Ah bollix :mad:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We'll have to wait and see how the framrate holds up. The GTA games usually suffer from awful tearing and frame rate problems.

I remember some of the GTS's on the PS2 was horrendous for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Because they've put in preorders for expensive new consoles when there's going to be nowt to play on them for at least 6months except Ryse and Killzone and FIFA with slightly more detail on the players' shirts. This is the best time for the current gen.

Apologies for interrupting your misinformation, but all these games are confirmed as day one release titles for the PS4, Fifa is also getting a fairly big overhaul.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    DC Universe Online
    Diablo 3
    DriveClub
    FIFA 14
    Just Dance 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Knack
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    Skylanders: Swap Force
    Warframe
    Watch Dogs

If you don't want/can't afford the console at launch that's fair enough, but making things up is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

MadYaker wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

GTA 5 is looking pretty awesome. The PS3 is still an impressive piece of tech. PES 2014 is looking good too.
    I was planning on gifting my PS3 this Christmas, but the PS4 being not backwards compatible throws a spanner in that. I'll still buy it at launch though, my coin jar is for PS4, GTA 5 and PES 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks good but strange seeing so much of the game before its released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Apologies for interrupting your misinformation, but all these games are confirmed as day one release titles for the PS4, Fifa is also getting a fairly big overhaul.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    DC Universe Online
    Diablo 3
    DriveClub
    FIFA 14
    Just Dance 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Knack
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    Skylanders: Swap Force
    Warframe
    Watch Dogs

If you don't want/can't afford the console at launch that's fair enough, but making things up is silly.

Hehe, i make a glib throwaway comment and you feel compelled to post all this? Man, how sad are you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Hehe, i make a glib throwaway comment and you feel compelled to post all this? Man, how sad are you..

It's two sentences and a bunch of copy paste, if you think that takes effort then you're a very lazy individual.

I'll put you in the "can't afford" category for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

It's two sentences and a bunch of copy paste, if you think that takes effort then you're a very lazy individual.

I'll put you in the "can't afford" category for that reason.

Its the whole tone of your post, not the amount of content...that it actually bothered you to the extent that you'd respond so haughtily, and with a snotty "cant afford" implication (cause you know poor people are all jealous of your preorder naturally).

As it happens, i can afford a ps4, but i dont mind which category you put me in...

So do we go in smart or do we go in loud and dumb?

LOUD & DUMB EVERY.GOD.DAMN.TIME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So do we go in smart or do we go in loud and dumb?

LOUD & DUMB EVERY.GOD.DAMN.TIME

Usually for me it's : Plan out how to go in nice and quiet, smart like, *Bang*, God Damnit, Donnie" pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

this game is my game of the year

**** what i said about the last of us

Calm down it's not even out yet!! :p

It does look damn impressive though. It's like a masterful mix of all the best games rockstar has ever brought out;

The fun, scale and customisation of SA
    The attention to detail of IV
    Red Deads wildness
    Midnight Clubs driving
    Max Paynes gun-play and tight controls
    LA Noires open approach to missions (I know R* didn't develop it)

This will deliver!

*Bang*, God Damnit, Donnie" pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.

1bd.jpeg

New GTA5 artwork released :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

zenno wrote: »
    Same here, i have to purchase one soon, hopefully there will be a deal on the xbox 360 and the game, not going to go for the ps3.

I believe Sony has exclusivity on an official bundle, but you might find unofficial Xbox ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Big Knox wrote: »
    Calm down it's not even out yet!! :p

It does look damn impressive though. It's like a masterful mix of all the best games rockstar has ever brought out;

The fun, scale and customisation of SA
    The attention to detail of IV
    Red Deads wildness
    Midnight Clubs driving
    Max Paynes gun-play and tight controls
    LA Noires open approach to missions (I know R* didn't develop it)

This will deliver!

Hopefully it won't have the series' traditionally mind numbing onslaught of identikit fetch missions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Which version is likely to be best, 360 or PS3? Apparently the footage is PS3.

My hunch from previous open-worlder experience would be that PS3 will look better, but Xbox will be less buggy. So I'll go with Xbox personally, my eyesight's not great anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

have the week booked off,now just have to get a big bag of......popcorn for the occasion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

That's mental that's its running on ps3, didn't expect it to look that good. Cant wait until September.

Advertisement