Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ktulu123 wrote: »
    haha I'm the same, when I get tired of doing missions I always switch to Trevor & just **** things up

I mowed down a deer and then got in a fight with a mountain lion with him. Then went and played darts in the bar near his house and beat up everyone cos I lost. Seemed like something he'd do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really want to get some businesses, but damn, cash is very hard to get. Doing so many missions and non of them giving me any money. To be honest, I love how money is really hard to get, but at Tue moment I do see much of income possibilities outside of doing flying runs with Trevor or street Racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

****, just got 11th in the world on one of the Shooting galleries.

c6kh.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Jebus, the helicopter controls are atrocious. Just went through flight school and breezed through fixed wing, but the choppers are seriously wobbly.
    Surely it must be some sort of problem rather than design?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Fúcking lovely. Sat down to play tonight and completed one story mission. On my way to the next mission, I died but the game got stuck on a black screen before restarting at the hospital. I gave it a good 2/3 minutes and then had to come out into the xmb. Restarted the game and it hangs on the "loading story mode" screen. :mad:

Deleted one autosave from the xmb and retried - Hangs
    Deleted the one manual save I made tonight - Hangs
    Deleted a save from 2 nights ago (I thought it must works now cos this is a working untouched save) - Hangs

So I consigned myself to deleting all my save data and starting the game again. Thankfully Ive only put about 5 hours in and didnt do many missions.

Game loads ok, started the opening heist tutorial, then nearing the end of that I notice my 2 AI partners freeze. They wont move off the spot, so the scene cant progress. WTF is this Im thinking. Press start to get the menu, game hangs on the revolving icon and hear the familiar sound of a disk stuck on a loop in the tray.

Will now have to delete the game install, do some safe mode resets and resinstall it hoping for the best

First time in the 6/7 years Ive had the PS3 that Ive had any shít with it. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agricola wrote: »
    Fúcking lovely. Sat down to play tonight and completed one story mission. On my way to the next mission, I died but the game got stuck on a black screen before restarting at the hospital. I gave it a good 2/3 minutes and then had to come out into the xmb. Restarted the game and it hangs on the "loading story mode" screen. :mad:

Deleted a save from 2 nights ago (I thought it must works now cos this is a working untouched save) - Hangs

So I consigned myself to deleting all my save data and starting the game again. Thankfully Ive only put about 5 hours in and didnt do many missions.

Game loads ok, started the opening heist tutorial, then nearing the end of that I notice my 2 AI partners freeze. They wont move off the spot, so the scene cant progress. WTF is this Im thinking. Press start to get the menu, game hangs on the revolving icon and hear the familiar sound of a disk stuck on a loop in the tray.

Will now have to delete the game install, do some safe mode resets and resinstall it hoping for the best

First time in the 6/7 years Ive had the PS3 that Ive had any shít with it. Unreal.

Had similar hangs on xbox, when reloading a mission after failing it. Just sat on the black loading screen. Thankfully all was ok after a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭weiland79

Agricola wrote: »

Sounds like mine before it died mind your disc doesn't get stuck in there. Think you'll have a new ps3 before long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've had the game hang on me pretty consistently when trying to take photos. I presume it's having issues connecting to the social club to upload it. Shame it has to do that each time. Would love to just be talking pics offline and then choosing which ones to upload later if I so wish. Must check the settings and see if that's an option actually

djkeogh wrote: »
    I've had the game hang on me pretty consistently when trying to take photos. I presume it's having issues connecting to the social club to upload it. Shame it has to do that each time. Would love to just be talking pics offline and then choosing which ones to upload later if I so wish. Must check the settings and see if that's an option actually

I'm pretty pissed that I need Gold to take a ****ing photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Didn't realise it was restricted to gold accounts only. That's ridiculous. There are so e amazing photos to be taken in this game.

• Advertisement

Yep, as an avid amateur photographer is really grates. Hopefully the PC version makes up for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd hang that blame entirely on Microsoft, they're militant when it comes to online functionality.

Anyway, have not got to spend nearly as much time with the game as I'd have liked - still on two characters and 11%. But Rockstar IMO have really knocked it out of the park with mission design so far. A handful of fairly standard shootouts (far more mechanically sound than previously, granted) but a majority have been creative, amusing and a hell of a lot of fun. It really genuinely feels like they've finally taken advantage of the world, but also embedded layers of cheeky satire into the mission design as well. As far as GTA games go, this really feels like a superb marriage of game world and gameplay on a different level to the previous ones. No longer are the missions a chore to unlock the next section of the map, but actually something to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

weiland79 wrote: »
    Sounds like mine before it died mind your disc doesn't get stuck in there. Think you'll have a new ps3 before long

Not sure, no other game causes a problem just GTAV. And my PS3 has certainly never been overworked, its been a glorified blu ray player for most of its life.

There are a fair few threads online from people experiencing the same thing, its obviously not very common though cos no-one on boards has mentioned lots of problems with it. But it seems to be affecting new slim PS3s as well as launch machines.

Rockstar are putting it down to bad disks or failing consoles which I think is BS.

Anyway, I did a full spring clean of the PS3 this morning using the safe mode options, deleted almost everything else off it and resinstalled GTA again. Got to the repo man mission and it freezes again, requiring a reboot. Looks like Im finished with this game til its either patched or a PC version comes out. Im not getting a new PS3 thats for sure. Sickening. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Same problem for me . I'm about 8-9 hrs into it and tried to start it tonight and it hangs on loading screen .Ive deleted all game saves but same problem . Very annoying and rockstar have known about this issue since Wednesday and done nothing to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What's the story with the BRDS Crew? Has the member limit been reached?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

shuffles03 wrote: »
    What's the story with the BRDS Crew? Has the member limit been reached?

Yupp, afraid so. Didn't even know there was a limit. Someone set up a 2nd one tho, check the tmgta forum.

On the helicopter controls, it's easier to fly straight and fast in the first person camera mode. However the excessive wobble is replaced by a choppy jerkiness to the controls, not fluid or smooth at all.

It's certainly a way to get through the two Flight School missions.

I really hope this is a bug, flying helicopters is one of the most fun things to do in a GTA game and this in ruined in V for me.

Other than that, I love the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭liamorocks

Been looking everywhere for it but it seems to be sold out in nearly every shop. anyone able to give me a heads up on where to get it today in dublin?

I need an xbox 360 copy of it

you check argos? you can check stock at their www

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭liamorocks

Had a look on argos there, there doesn't seem to be any in stock. thanks anyways

• Advertisement

liamorocks wrote: »
    Had a look on argos there, there doesn't seem to be any in stock. thanks anyways

Depends where you look , trying further a field some have stock, like Drogheda if thats with in driving range for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Smyths in jervis street had some before the weekend. You could call them and see if they have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=109%2F3573

Looks like argos liffey valley have some. Use this checker to check the whole country for argos stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finding it easy enough to fly. Dont try turn whilst accelerating and always point the nose down. Have found field of depth a problem as in im not 100% sure how close to the ground i am, have thrashed a few choppers going under bridges due to it.

Did loads of missions in the choppers and planes and uhhh where is flight school ? :D Havnet come accross is yet

It's at the airport, you have to do with with a certain character before you're really let near any aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Anyone know when hunting with Trevor is unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There's a stranger mission you need to do first before it unlocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

DarkJager wrote: »
    There's a stranger mission you need to do first before it unlocks.

Ahh ok. Ive been putting off those stranger missions until last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do a stranger mission near his trailer first, Cletus is the guy name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Just go out and beat up some random prostitutes. One of them might have it.

Advertisement