Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The online may be the best thing since triangle sandwhiches but jesus christ its problems are not worth the headache.

5 years and 2 weeks of development and preparations it took to get this online as much as hyped it was with the trailers building up to the game and what did it have to show , a broken piece of dog **** online.

6 characters deleted on me , 6 Times

Console froze 5 times.

Im Clearly speaking out of anger but if this is the future of online gaming i dont want any part of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Take away the freeroam element, it's like any number of 3rd person shooters even like previous rockstar titles. For me though at the moment the freeroam is what works as intended most consistently. But the freeroam also adds another level of load times which is annoying tbh. It should have had the option to create a private instance that friends and crew could jump in and out of and no friendly fire what so ever.

My biggest issue so far is when you do a race or death match or what ever you come out to a screen with a choice of 6 activities, they screwed this up imo, if you join from free roam and select race job from the phone, you should not be presented deathmatches from that selection screen or at least you should be given an option to move to a lobby where folks want to play that.

What happens is that after the race theres a vote and if you and others joined for races and the vote looks like its going to a death match everyone leaves meaning you quit to free play and back to another lobby adding to load times

Edit: I should add the match making for free roam is a joke, not once has anyone in the session actually accepted an invite to do a mission that came up on my phone, they should have done something with that and make it actually more linear in a way. So that folks of a similar progression were forced together with a common goal. As it is they just ignore it and do their own thing or go around griefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

How is this different from the GTA4 multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Another patch is being released today on both consoles to address alot of the issues players are having. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

One of many great things this game has given me is this song

The C90s - Shine A Light (Flight Facilities Remix)

Michael Drugged up sky diving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Is it possible for all the characters to make a killing on the stock market as well as Franklin (during his missions for Lester?)

I was thinking of switching to Trevor and Michael, buying a load of stocks in the relevant companies and letting Franklin's handywork make everyone tonnes of cash?

This will surely work I assume!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Agricola wrote: »
    Is it possible for all the characters to make a killing on the stock market as well as Franklin (during his missions for Lester?)

I was thinking of switching to Trevor and Michael, buying a load of stocks in the relevant companies and letting Franklin's handywork make everyone tonnes of cash?

This will surely work I assume!

Yup. As you can't switch to the others once the mission has started, find out what company you're supposed to put money on, fail the mission (killing yourself as you can't just quit the mission without dying or failing), put money on company as all three, play the mission properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Penn wrote: »
    Yup. As you can't switch to the others once the mission has started, find out what company you're supposed to put money on, fail the mission (killing yourself as you can't just quit the mission without dying or failing), put money on company as all three, play the mission properly.

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

OK...

Does Lester from GTA V remind anyone else (both in role and in voice) of this guy?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110709235902/sly/images/0/0e/Bentley.jpg

Advertisement