Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

Wow that looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

COYVB wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't have the series' traditionally mind numbing onslaught of identikit fetch missions...

All I want to hear is it has checkpoints to avoid restarting a mission from the very start. I don't care if they change the dialoge script a bit on replays I want checkpoints dammit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'll still rather wait to see people actually playing the game instead of a Press Release of in game footage.

The phone annoyed the sh*te out of me in GTA4, so much that I stopped playing it after an hour and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTR63 wrote: »
    All I want to hear is it has checkpoints to avoid restarting a mission from the very start. I don't care if they change the dialoge script a bit on replays I want checkpoints dammit!

I'd say they definitely will after the praise they got when adding checkpoints to TBOGT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My hunch from previous open-worlder experience would be that PS3 will look better, but Xbox will be less buggy. So I'll go with Xbox personally, my eyesight's not great anyway. :D

Well GTA4 looked better on the 360 as did RDR. But generally R+ games are a bit buggier and glitchy on the PS3.

Now I think R+ have there stuff together so now it comes down to controller comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This game looks incredibly immersive. Gonna be epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Is this game expected to come out on PS4 too, or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ray2012 wrote: »
    Is this game expected to come out on PS4 too, or what?

Yes, it will be coming out on Xbone and PS4 but they don't launch until November and December. It will be out on 360 and ps3 before then., specifically September 17th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well GTA4 looked better on the 360 as did RDR. But generally R+ games are a bit buggier and glitchy on the PS3.

Now I think R+ have there stuff together so now it comes down to controller comfort.

The engine they use has always ran much better and looked much better on the 360. It's a bit of a disaster on the PS3 considering the improvements other developers have made with cross platform on their engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

i will wait to see it in action. GTA4 was a bad game IMO.
    Almost every mission was a chase. They chose realism over fun. Don't get me started on the terrible radio station

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes, it will be coming out on Xbone and PS4 but they don't launch until November and December. It will be out on 360 and ps3 before then., specifically September 17th.

No it won't be out on X1 and PS4. It's having a hard time to get PC support as it is. R Star have said they are skipping the new consoles for GTA5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Jesus that looks the tits, I just hope they're able to do the whole hopping between three characters story properly and in a good way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No it won't be out on X1 and PS4. It's having a hard time to get PC support as it is. R Star have said they are skipping the new consoles for GTA5.

Link to where R* said this please.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Link to where R* said this please.

Can't find it but it's in a recent statement. They are looking for more staff to get more of their games on PC right now and they are not even looking at the next gen consoles right now. They are on the back burner.
    For now, Grand Theft Auto V is only planned for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Previously, thousands of fans signed a petition for a PC version and listings appeared on various retailers, but nothing has been officially confirmed. It’s worth noting that Grand Theft Auto IV hit consoles in April 2008 while a PC version didn’t arrive until more than seven months later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Looks excellent, hopefully they dropped all the rubbish like dates and bowling from GTAIV good good that got annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

krudler wrote: »
    Looks excellent, hopefully they dropped all the rubbish like dates and bowling from GTAIV good good that got annoying.

Did you watch the trailer, there's more than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Varik wrote: »
    Did you watch the trailer, there's more than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Looks class. This was pre-ordered for me at Xmas when it was supposed to be out in April, looks like it will be worth the wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Its nice I don't have to purchase one of the next gen consoles to play this.

From looking at the trailer I think there is too much going on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Looks like a mix between GTA IV and Just Cause 2 from the trailer, I think thats pretty much what everyone wanted so it should be good as long as they change up the mission structure, I've always found it a struggle to finish GTA games with all the identical missions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Recently I have moved to PC gaming and I have to say I find it much better (Not being an elitist) The graphics are considerably better and the games play much smoother. It would be a shame if Rockstar did not release GTA V on PC,I really,really hope they do.
    I would like to play the game to its full potential on PC but if they fail to release it on PC I guess I would be happy playing it on consoles. Just find it a shame that not many devs care about the PC community these days.
    Anyway really excited for GTA V,Can't wait! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's not really a good reason to care about the pc community unless you're going for f2p micro transaction games

the ones that don't pirate it will just wait for the game to be 50-70% off in a steam sale before they buy anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

there's not really a good reason to care about the pc community unless you're going for f2p micro transaction games

the ones that don't pirate it will just wait for the game to be 50-70% off in a steam sale before they buy anything

Cant agree with it at all. There will be always people who will wait for sales, but like on any platform, there are people will buy game, because they want it.

We all know GTA 5 on PC is going to be superior version to all versions. Thats not just about improved resolution, texture quality, draw distance, world details. The best thing about PC version is Moding community. It will keep GTA5 alive and kicking years after release. Even when boom sale on consoles will end, PC version will be selling steady for years.
    Not to make a PC version, would be plain stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not to make a PC version, would be plain stupid.

Which is your opinion, they're a for profit company who are out to make money and who unlike the rest of us actually know how much their games sell (Digital numbers being had to get).

Varik wrote: »
    Which is your opinion, they're a for profit company who are out to make money and who unlike the rest of us actually know how much their games sell (Digital numbers being had to get).

And we all know that majority of sales on PC are Digital. I dont remember last time I bought non digital for my PC. Just because digital sale information is not published does not mean it does not sale.

edit: So if PC sales are shiet, why on earth They are hiring extra manpower to port games to pc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure i'd agree with that either, though i guess sales numbers may prove me wrong. I've no problem whatsoever paying full price for a pc game, as long as it's a good game and not a crappy console port. And by crappy console port i don't mean anything bad about consoles. Simply badly optimised, or without any basic pc features.

I'm pretty sure there have been some hugely successful games released on the pc over the last few years. Not as big as consoles, sure. But they'd still turn a tidy profit if they released it within a reasonable time frame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the same on consoles. Wait 6 months and you'll get most games for peanuts online. That's what I do since I'm broke.

Reading an article on Eurogamer, seems they aren't taking themselves seriously with this game which is a good thing because it's what let GTAIV down.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Reading an article on Eurogamer, seems they aren't taking themselves seriously with this game which is a good thing because it's what let GTAIV down.

To be honest, the problem I had with GTA4 was that they did not knew which way to go with it. So it ended up in the middle of serious and goofy stuff.

We have something like Saints Row which takes Goofy stuff and puts it to 11 and that works perfect. then we got sleeping dogs ( watch dogs too maybe? ), which takes it Seriously and works out perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well Blizzard could give you a few, like 12 million copies of Diablo 3 sold and 6 million copies of Starcraft 2 sold.
    I'm sure Bohemia Interactive could give you some as well after a mod drove up sales of over 300,000 for Arma 2.
    How about ArenaNet and its 3 million copies of Guild Wars 2 sold.
    What about Minecraft?
    Or Kickstarter allowing developers like Obsidian and others to make the games they actually want to make.
    etc etc.

Back on GTA 5. The game will come to PC almost certainly, probably the middle of next year. The trailer looks pretty good, I'll probably end up picking it up on both console and PC.

Advertisement