Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's still no excuse for poor game design.

Rockstar North don't have the writers or designers good enough to pull it off.

Rockstar San Diego showed them how it should be done with RDR. Let's hope they picked up some tips from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

less chores, more fun

hopefully the first mission in 5 is brutally murdering Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sonmi_451

gonna pre order my copy today

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wossack wrote: »
    less chores, more fun

hopefully the first mission in 5 is brutally murdering Roman

Pretty sure it was confirmed Roman definitely won't be in the game.

Since he can die during the GTAIV story depending on what option you choose, Rockstar didn't want to negate that choice. So because of the times there were two characters who you had to choose between in GTAIV (Roman/Kate, Dwayne/PlayboyX, Derrick/Francis), none of them will be in GTAV.

Might be wrong on that, but I'll look for a link later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

More things to do, is what's needed, and a greater variation on missions instead of the drive here, kill, drive back........*ring ring*.........."Cawsin, yoo wanna go bowling?"

Liberty City was excellently done but it felt like there was nothing to do, even with all that money.

Don't have a console so will have to bide my time for the PC release, I'll have to dip into my pension by then to get it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

I'm hoping the real estate and stocks works out well, it sounds fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

It's like the Sims, only 100 times better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Off topic but what name of the radio station that as those crazy ass phone in shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The market has spoken crap is just that, crap. It's narrow minded and misguided and if developers were to strive simply to appease the market then the gaming industry has a very bland future ahead of it.

I don't really disagree but I don't see that you can flip from the market as important or unimportant depending on how it suits your argument. For what its worth though - GTA V is a solid gold AAA title. It does not do brave or experimental: It does 20-30 million sales or more, for better or worse.
    What made GTAIV so unlikeable was the fact that it wasn't much fun to play and took itself far too seriously. Vice City and San Andreas were always fun and there was a sense of homour that was missing from part IV.

That's essentially my point right there. It's a circular argument (GTA IV wasn't fun because it wasn't fun - the defence rests) that doesn't give a dev anything to address.

Look at the end of the day the discussion is fairly pointless. You didn't like GTA IV. You liked SR3 more. I don't think GTA can draw any useful lessons from SR3, and whatever the merits of either view, its looking very likely that GTA V is not using SR3 as inspiration.

@Radiosonde
    It's all speculative until we all play the game, but many hope Rockstar address problems that dogged IV (and in some cases the earlier ones) like poor gunplay and bad on-foot controls, murky visuals (many developers don't seem to understand that bright, vibrant colours look far better on the LCD/LED tvs most people opt for these days, and dark browns and blacks and greys don't work so well), rinse-and-repeat mission structures, crappy minigames (woeful pool sim and games-within-games) and tedious busywork (like going on dates and being forced to play the woeful pool sim.)

I'll be severely disappointed if V is just IV with bells on (I fully expect the story and characters to be just as dull and unlikable, but I want to see ambition and evolution for the rest of it.)

Also the fact that it's a numbered sequel instead of GTA: Los Santos suggests that there is more to this than just GTA 4.5. Of course, sales-wise you seem to be right about the series not needing to evolve, but GTA IV came out in a world before Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 2, Last of Us, etc, etc, etc...gaming has moved on, and GTA has to too, or risk losing its hallowed status.

Oh yeah, I agree. My reference to GTA 4.5 is more to say that I see GTA V drawing vastly more on the lessons of GTA IV, not SR3. I agree with what you say about the flaws in GTA 4, plus the irritating nagging from NPCs and missions that involved driving from one side of the city to the other through rush hour traffic. It got so bad I stopped driving and started using taxis to get close to areas: that's not good for a GTA game imo. I also *do* want to see the GTA series evolve: I just think Saints Row is an evolutionary dead end. GTA has always been about satire, not absurdity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

WTCR i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

In gta iv I felt I was being side tracked when someone calls to go bowling and all that jazz especially when your kinda doing your own thing whether it be acting the bollo* or whatever

hopefully nobody wants to hang out in gtav unless its a full coop campaign

any news on coop in gta5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I wonder if theres any chance of the Jet Pack returning.
    Many wasted hours on that thing in SA.

Keith wrote: »
    I wonder if theres any chance of the Jet Pack returning.
    Many wasted hours on that thing in SA.

Keith you bollux you just made me download gtasa sweatin like fook here and im not going asleep till I get the jet pack

Keith you bollux you just made me download gtasa sweatin like fook here and im not going asleep till I get the jet pack

Haha :D
    Think of how much fun it would be in GTA Online!

That would be savage
    once it doesn't feel like you've hit the ceiling when you get to a certain hight

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Some more information being released. Will chop be the next dogmeat?

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/16057/article/rockstar-reveals-more-information-on-gta-v-s-animals/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Edit, wrong thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where are you ye/did ye pre order from lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Really looking forward to this game, will probably be my last brand new game for my PS3, I'll play it to death until the PS4 comes out.

Where are you ye/did ye pre order from lads?

Booked in gamestop,
    I think preordering there is the only was to be able to fly the blimp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I pre-ordered the Special edition in GameStop the other day. I dithered because of what happened with HMV and Game closing down and not honouring vouchers and pre-orders. I naively wanted to pre-order the collectors edition, but I discovered that it sold out pretty much instantly after it was announced :D
    I also pre ordered the PS4 in Smyth's Toystore off Jervis Street, GameStop have stopped taking pre-orders for that, so there's a tip, if Smyth's hasn't sold out of them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeeMuS

Keith wrote: »
    Booked in gamestop,
    I think preordering there is the only was to be able to fly the blimp.

You can get the Grand Theft Auto 5 (with Atomic Blimp pre-order bonus) from Amazon.co.uk , I know its from the UK but they may have collectors edition available I just get this message "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." (Which I did) does anyone know of any collectors editions left for pre order around Dublin ?

Here is Amazon.co.uk GTA 5 collectors edition link -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-Collectors-Edition/dp/B00CZ8VVUI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374150464&sr=8-2&keywords=gta+5+collectors+edition

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

for those that do not check the GTA forum , there is the multiplayer revael at 3pm irish time.

I am very interested to see how it looks, as they said alot of work has been put into it, and also the little bit we got to see at the end of the last trailer looked mad !!

link for the gameplay when started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Might as well post the link to the Boards Crew here as well. Rockstar setup a Crew system, details in the link below.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crews/info

Covers PS3, Xbox and PC players, gives bonus XP when you play online with fellow crew members and easy to jump into online games with fweeends.

From the link above, send me an invite request or just tell me you're Rockstar username and I'll shoot you an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Might as well post the link to the Boards Crew here as well. Rockstar setup a Crew system, details in the link below.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crews/info

Covers PS3, Xbox and PC players, gives bonus XP when you play online with fellow crew members and easy to jump into online games with fweeends.

From the link above, send me an invite request or just tell me you're Rockstar username and I'll shoot you an invite.

And PC? Did I miss something? Is PC launching too?

And PC? Did I miss something? Is PC launching too?

You wish :pac:

The crew system covers ps3, xbox and pc. Started with Max Payne 3. I'm sure GTA V will release on PC as well.....at some stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Requested an invite

joe_316

psn id is joe316 for anyone that wants to add me! :)

joe316 wrote: »
    Requested an invite

joe_316

psn id is joe316 for anyone that wants to add me! :)

Sent you an invite there, sound. will add you on psn later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sent you an invite there, sound. will add you on psn later

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Looks amazing, shame I'll miss it between PC and PS4..... stupid, stupid, stupid.

Advertisement