Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Predator style gatling gun - me likey!

With the look of the body armour, I think they're probably doing a North Hollywood shoot out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Man, that story trailer sucks. Gameplay ones fab looking, but this one reminds of all the things I hate about GTA: crappy script, bad character animations, SHOUTING. Rockstar North still under the impression that characters throwing their hands up in the air continually = acting. Still reckon it will be a great game, but expectations tempered...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, Racism + homophobia = Youtube Commentators on pretty much every video that has ever been on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Slow And One Sided

Looks unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Seriously Richard? Hardly news that youtube comments are universally awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

my rule for watching youtube videos is never scroll past the video itself, there's some awfully stupid people on the internet.

Looking at the link Richard and I'm searching for the homophobia. Did you bother to read the linked page or just see the title and think "I can really annoy GTA fans" so you made stuff up.

As for the link, well it's a nonstory. The day anyone believes that comments on youtube are reflective on fans of something as a whole will be a sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Slow And One Sided

The 3 person story mode is a reaally cool new feature

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

As for the link, well it's a nonstory. The day anyone believes that comments on youtube are reflective on fans of something as a whole will be a sad day.

anita.jpg

• Advertisement

They are commenting on the game, one must assume they are fans who play the older games and will buy the new one....i doubt they are random trolls.

Ergo these are GTA gamers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

They're also on the internet. Ergo, internet people are all like that!

Dude, it's one of the biggest selling titles on planet earth. Of course that gathers up some fruitcakes in the mix, and of course said people are amplified in the cesspit of Youtube commentland. It's not representative.

They're also on the internet. Ergo, internet people are all like that!

Dude, it's one of the biggest selling titles on planet earth. Of course that gathers up some fruitcakes in the mix, and of course said people are amplified in the cesspit of Youtube commentland. It's not representative.

Ooh!....i just passed 21.000 posts!! :D

They are commenting on the game, one must assume they are fans who play the older games and will buy the new one....i doubt they are random trolls.

The comments of people on YouTube can only be used to justify a sweeping generalisation against the type of people who comment on YouTube, not GTA gamers. Even if they play GTA, they're no more representative of "GTA gamers" than anyone else. The vast, vast majority of GTA gamers aren't like that.

If we follow your logic and accept that the comments of those people are representative of "GTA gamers", they're also representative of gamers in general.

Are you claiming all gamers are racist and homophobic?

Go to youtube and you'll find that many people who comment on a video are doing so only to annoy people. They aren't even fans. And even if they are, since when did a handful of comments from a tiny, tiny percentage of people mean that everyone who played the game was like them. You liked yo that nonstory saying " Racism + homophobia = GTA gamers". Now I went go the link and saw no homophobic comments and while dome derogatory language was used for all you know it was a black man or woman who used it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's 42 from amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

GTA IV sold 25 million copies, so a couple of YouTube commenters are unrepresentative of a demographic. For example, I'm the furthest thing from bigoted and absolutely love GTA games. YouTube comments veer towards racist or sexist on every subject matter btw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be more shocked if a youtube comments section wasn't full of racism and homophobia. You'd swear it was confined to videogames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

GTA V o'clock did an exclusive interview with Rockstar employee Leslie Benzies:

I'm only 10 mins in and some mouth watering things mentioned already:
    • New content will be available every day.
    • The content creators will be limited to Races and Deathmatches first day,
      but as time goes by more and more creators will be available.

Leslie: "You can go online and buy shares in a car company. Target that companies cars. Blow them up show the insurance will replace them, and the stock price will go up!"
    :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

waveform wrote: »

That doesn't excite me one bit. Nope. Not one...

Now excuse me while i change my pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

waveform wrote: »

Stuff by ign UK annoys me for some reason I think it's the accents .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Super excited for this, thought interest had died since the old thread wasn't being posted in :P

Looks really good, hoping and praying it's not a stale as 4 was. Online looks great too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

online reveal today on IGN as well, not sure of time but I will be checking the IGN app fairly regularly !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

5pm GMT. Cannot wait to hear about Online in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vladicaris

They only talk about ps3/xbox version ,what about PC ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

vladicaris wrote: »

probably be 6 months down the line for the PC version. Console game sales is where they will make their money. They are probably working on the PC version at the moment

vladicaris wrote: »

I think they said it will be released on PC, but not for the next while. Probably looking at another 6 months at least, maybe even closer to a year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say (and i'm not basing this on anything :pac) that we'll see a pc version in around 6 months, along with an updated next gen version.

Advertisement