Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

humanji wrote: »
    Wow, seems like everyone completely overlooked Argos.

Not anymore - all dublin shops now 'Item can be ordered' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Still have one no longer needed reservation number for X360 version in Argos Liffey Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I went and got mine in the Navan Gamestop last night, and by looks of it, they had plenty left over, though they may well have been picked up this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It has turned into a farce in HMV and GameStop branches in the city centre. Tonnes of people being turned away and huge queues still. Thankfully I pre-ordered!

Now just a miserably long afternoon of work and equally miserable commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks to dmcg90, I rocked up to Argos and got a copy. Step 2 is to make a pass at my boss and get fired so that I can go home (or get lucky).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Thanks to dmcg90, I rocked up to Argos and got a copy. Step 2 is to make a pass at my boss and get fired so that I can go home (or get lucky).

Which argos? Does anyone know where still has copies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The console versions all seem to have texture streaming issues. Just shows how awful the XBox 360 and PS3 are. I'm going for the superior verison of the game that's on solid state so now streaming issues for me:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/0fab656bbee1726daa6c0b96e2dd4315/tumblr_mt9811rHWo1qfwa93o1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Reading the eurogamer faceoff i cant help but shake my head at the mere mention of 20 fps and 30 fps being mentioned in 2013 but taking into account the scale on ancient hardware its understandable.

The GTA games have always ran like dogs on consoles.

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »
    Which argos? Does anyone know where still has copies?
    Swords Pavillion. I think they're sold out now. If you go to the argos website you can check the availability in the various stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Swords Pavillion. I think they're sold out now. If you go to the argos website you can check the availability in the various stores.

Thanks. Mate of mine is doing the walk of shame around town trying to find one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The GTA games have always ran like dogs on consoles.

I wouldnt know, i only bought the GTA games when going cheap on steam sales etc.

Ry wrote: »
    Thanks. Mate of mine is doing the walk of shame around town trying to find one.

has he not got a phone?

Couldnt believe the amount of people getting this in Galway last night out the Headford road(Smyths and Tesco across the road from Smyths).

I didnt think there'd be anymore than GTA 4 which I got in Smyths at the time.

The queue for Smyths was 3 times as long and then Xtravision was stretching around the corner.
    Headed into Tesco expecting a smallish line but it was stretching the store. They just about had enough Xbox for everyone there with about 30 left for the final 15 or so but the Ps3 sold out before I even got up there. Around 20 behind me had to leave at that piint.

Was disappointed to find out there was no online for 2 weeks as this is something I didnt hear pre release and what I was looking forward to most. Awful to only find out when trying to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The console versions all seem to have texture streaming issues. Just shows how awful the XBox 360 and PS3 are. I'm going for the superior verison of the game that's on solid state so now streaming issues for me:
    I'm going to start trying to find room on my SSD for when the PC version comes out. No loading screens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

"Everywhere I looked, something reminded me of her.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I can't give michael cornrows, that's racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hippyhippo wrote: »
    spam

That's not proof, it's a countdown timer that doesn't explain what it is counting down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant get over how hard the driving is, I dont think other GTA games were this hard?

Can anything be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Dermighty wrote: »
    That's not proof, it's a countdown timer that doesn't explain what it is counting down.

It's also not a Rockstar owned domain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

COYVB wrote: »
    It's also not a Rockstar owned domain

Posted by a user with one and only post... :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    I cant get over how hard the driving is, I dont think other GTA games were this hard?

Can anything be done?

Really? what's hard about the driving? I've done a few driving missions and the hardest part is not losing your target really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

http://31.media.tumblr.com/0fab656bbee1726daa6c0b96e2dd4315/tumblr_mt9811rHWo1qfwa93o1_500.jpg

What the heck, are you trolling?

The end of that post doesn't make much sense and the beginning seems like trolling.

I reckon pretty much anyone who keeps banging on about how poor console graphics are, and how much they think PCs are way better, and they'll wait for GTA V on PC ... is a bit of a troll. It's not even been stated anywhere that it'll come out for PC, let alone how many month's time that would be. If you don't like consoles, or don't think much of the series, then why would you even bother posting in a specific thread for the game ... that is only on consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I reckon pretty much anyone who keeps banging on about how poor console graphics are, and how much they think PCs are way better, and they'll wait for GTA V on PC ... is a bit of a troll. It's not even been stated anywhere that it'll come out for PC, let alone how many month's time that would be. If you don't like consoles, or don't think much of the series, then why would you even bother posting in a specific thread for the game ... that is only on consoles?

Shur "Red dead redemptions" graphics were way better on PC...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Even just to drive straight is choir for me. Maybe its the sensitivity on the driving but its just not responsive enough for me. I find I skid all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

How is the humour in the game this time? I found GTA 4 to be a bit lousy at that (didn't get many laughs out of "big American teetees" or the "satire" on the radio) but I've heard 5 is much better. Is it more Pulp Fiction than Epic Movie this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I've been playing it all day. In my excitement I forgot about the redeem code that comes with the special edition version, I just sorted that and flew around in the blimp for a while. Mind blown. GTA looks so beautiful from the sky.
    The humour is brilliant, imo, I've only scratched the surface in all aspects of this game, it's immense, but I've laughed out loud several times listening to chat radio and the ads.
    I can't stop playing this thing, the more I look around, the more hooked I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

C14N wrote: »
    How is the humour in the game this time? I found GTA 4 to be a bit lousy at that (didn't get many laughs out of "big American teetees" or the "satire" on the radio) but I've heard 5 is much better. Is it more Pulp Fiction than Epic Movie this time?

The humour is great, each character and the people the hang around with are different and hilarious in their own way. They've got everything covered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

C14N wrote: »

I've burst out laughing multiple times, the dialogue is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im not too familar with the workings of the playstation 3 but Ive tried to load up Grand Theft 5 and it says I need 2390mb of storage and I dont know how to find the space for it.

Its the newest playstation 3 model and im am very confused.

Delete any spare demos or trailers you might have downloaded?

Though having said that, I read before that the newer slim PS3 is only 12GB, which I thought was a misprint at first. GTA needs to install 8GB. You'll have to delete stuff I reckon.

I deleted the only demo on the system and I dont have any trailers downloaded.

I have fifa, sonic generations and wrc saved memory on the system which I havent deleted yet.

Should do, you can check how much memory your PS3 has spare. You'll need 8.4GB free to install GTA.

When I load up the game this message appears There is not enough free space on the system storage. The game was forced to quit. At least 2390 MB more free space is needed.

Is there a cast list anywhere? I could swear Stan Lee is one of the newsreaders.

So you need to delete stuff until you have enough available memory. Must be a 12GB PS3 you have, it's not a lot of memory to be playing with.

So you need to delete stuff until you have enough available memory. Must be a 12GB PS3 you have, it's not a lot of memory to be playing with.

Theres not even that much stuff to delete but thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Just played the opening sequence now on the xbox version. Looks pretty good. Driving it a bit difficult at times, keep skidding all over the place, but if you drive slowly its fine.

I wont play anymore till tomorrow night, early start in the morning and I am just tired now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

How long am I looking at for the PS3 install approximately?

mystic86 wrote: »
    What the heck, are you trolling?

The end of that post doesn't make much sense and the beginning seems like trolling.

I hope you are joking or lost your sense of humour in a horrible accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Does anyone know how to deal with those Gruppe 6 securicar vans? I remember a message came up on screen about how to break into them but I forget what it said.

Basically I came across one and dealt with the guards. I then evaded the police and headed for the beach thinking it would be a quiet spot to go about my business, stopping off at an Ammu-Nation along the way to buy a grenade. I chucked the grenade at the back doors which blew them off (cue Michael Caine) but no money appeared. All that happened was another swarm of cops came my direction forcing me to swim to safety.

Did I just steal an empty van or did I do something wrong in trying to open it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Favorite moment so far, I had to heist a car that would be on some part of the freeway. I set off in my Range Rover & I eventually see the car & it rams me the wrong way around. I'm now reversing in front of him on the freeway shooting through the window while cop cars & random AI cars are crashing all around me. Unreal game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to deal with those Gruppe 6 securicar vans? I remember a message came up on screen about how to break into them but I forget what it said.

Basically I came across one and dealt with the guards. I then evaded the police and headed for the beach thinking it would be a quiet spot to go about my business, stopping off at an Ammu-Nation along the way to buy a grenade. I chucked the grenade at the back doors which blew them off (cue Michael Caine) but no money appeared. All that happened was another swarm of cops came my direction forcing me to swim to safety.

Either the 'messy way' of using sticky bombs on the back doors which spreads the money around the van and increases looting time, or the 'clean way' by shooting the middle of the doors which makes it easier and quicker to collect the moolah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love Trevor (even if he is just plain a simply an evil psychopath!). Love warping to him after controlling Mike or Franklin. Last time i went to him, he was on a scooter following another lad on a scooter saying "Scooter Brothers!". And when he's wearing the sun glasses all i keep thinking is Jack Nicholson at his best!

This is GTA back on form. The scale of the place is immense, and it's a real show of power for Rockstar that they're able to run this open world without loading. The first (and only) heist i've done was amazing, and the stories are brilliant. The "cameos" are excellent also, with characters based on Simon Cowell, Kanye West and others. So much has happened and so many parts of real life have been included and ridiculed, it's impossible to keep track.

I've 15 1/2 hours clocked and only 23% done. Good thing i'm not back at work till the 25th! Oh, and i spent an hour playing the stock exchange!!! I've no interest in stocks!!! Final oh! -
    submarine!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how to deal with those Gruppe 6 securicar vans?

I was just about to post on this, as in, things that make me laugh in the world of GTA. I'm parked behind one of their security vans now. Gruppe Sechs is the name on the van. The company names in GTA always give me a laugh. Dusche Gold beer is another billboard I've seen in GTA V, there's endless examples in the GTA's. Peurile, but funny.
    To answer your original question, "While attacking a Security Van damage the centre of the rear doors to open them."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I shot the guards and hid around the corner for a while after the cops showed up, after that I went back and just unloaded a clip into the rear door around the centre; it opens and a small briefcase falls out.

made about $4k off it.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    I shot the guards and hid around the corner for a while after the cops showed up, after that I went back and just unloaded a clip into the rear door around the centre; it opens and a small briefcase falls out.

made about $4k off it.

I'm taking a time out, on the way somewhere else, but just so happen to be parked in traffic behind one of these vans. I might just rob it :D

Advertisement