Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i phone disaster

Options
  • 09-07-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all not sure if i'm on the right forum but basically my daughter let her new i phone fall down the toilet (ye stupid I know ) but only had it a week . She has taken out a contract for god knows how long and of course no insurance. In fairness she intended taking it out this week when she got paid. Any one any idea where she stands she's afraid to contact the phone company. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I don't imagine she has any comeback as she damaged it herself - it wasn't a faulty product.

Would your home insurance cover it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If she hasn't tried turning it on yet then putting it in a bowl of dry/uncooked rice in the hot press for 2 weeks should suck all the moisture out of it (a good clean also wouldn't go amiss ;) ). If she tried turning it on after the incident then I'd say it's gone, but do try the rice trick

Nick

Advertisement