Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas / Grand Canyon Tour

Options
  • 09-07-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Going to LV in Aug on the honeymoon and want to take a tour of the Grand Canyon in.
    What's the best way of booking this? Book online before I go over or book over there on the day?
    Heard a few conflicting reports of what's best ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'm off there soon too. Defo going to do the helicopter ride. Any poker buddies who've been to Vegas have said that while it is expensive at around $300 each, it's money well spent. I cautiously passed this recommendation on to a friend a year or two ago and his experience agreed 100% with that. However, I believe that they have recently forbidden the helicopters from descending below the canyon rim. Not sure how that would affect the tour's quality.

Another friend camped overnight and said the moving shadows at the sun-up or sun-down was spectacular though unpredictable fog might be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Doing this next month also.
    Was told better to book it over there.
    Combined Canyon and Hoover Dam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I book online before I go, directly with the tour company. It leaves out the hassle of having to book it while you're there, negates the possibility of paying over the odds to a third party, and saves you having to include the tour in your budget while you're there, as it's already paid for.

Helicopter is the only way to go by the way, well worth the extra bucks.

Advertisement