Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2013 World Matchplay Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Pipe has the most annoying face and throw in the world.

Pains me to watch a match hes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

God awful to watch alrite is Pipe, his awkward looking throw is effective tho. I hope Pipe and Hamilton don't go any further, nothing against them but their matches are nearly too annoying to watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Pipe has hone off the boil with his doubles, he should be well clear of Barney at this stage but somehow finds himself 8-7 down. If Barney wins this then he is a very lucky man.

I agree that Pipe isn't great to watch but he is still a very good player and if he wins you can't begrudge him the victory.

Two awful performances.
    Barney should be ashamed to go out of the second biggest tournament of the year with an 89 average.

Very hard to get a rhythm going against Pipe with him being ridiculously slow.
    Thats a lot to do with him being number 9 in the world more than talent in my opinion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He's number 8 in the world now ahead of Barney after that win. Barney just looked as if he didn't care, he had no fight in him at all whereas Pipe was fighting all the way so he deserved the win.

It's looking like that Grand Slam victory for Barney was just a once off and he has reverted back to what he was before that win.

• Advertisement

Pipe is grindingly slow. But so is Dolan and I root for him. Pipe seems like a nice character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i think pipe's throw is down to some injury he picked up a number of years ago in a crash or something.

i always found robert thornton more anoying, especially when he starts talking to his darts!!!

i think pipe's throw is down to some injury he picked up a number of years ago in a crash or something.

i always found robert thornton more anoying, especially when he starts talking to his darts!!!

Thornton has an awful attitude on stage as well.

Constant head shaking and giving out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Nerves getting to Jenkins here but he got that double 10! Some match.

This is an absolute epic match

• Advertisement

Hell of a game, love to see Jenks see it out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

mdwexford wrote: »
    Hell of a game, love to see Jenks see it out now.

Hon d bull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think Jenkins has run out of steam. He was doing so well too. Pity

EDIT gone to sudden death. Credit to Jenko.

Amazing last leg from The Power.

Fantastic match.

Fantastic game, Terry busting himself cost him the match. Unbelievable last leg from Taylor though.

Can't believe there's still one more match to go which could easily be another very long one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Terry threw that away with the finish line in sight. Drifting into the 5 and 1 after starting with a 60 on nearly every turn after getting in front.
    Credit to Taylor, pulled out the big shots to finish it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Anyone see the post match interview? What an arsehole Taylor is. Completely disrespected Terry Jenkins by interrupting him at every opportunity,

Fair play to Jenkins cos if Taylor had lost, he'd have been away.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Anyone see the post match interview? What an arsehole Taylor is. Completely disrespected Terry Jenkins by interrupting him at every opportunity,

Nothing new from Taylor, a very unlikable man.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

monkey9 wrote: »

Yeah, the usual post match bulls#ite from taylor with the losing player being interviewed aswell. Interrupting, answering questions for Jenkins, and disagreeing with the answers Jenkins does give, some b0llix. Nice to see the crowd behind Jenkins tho, seems taylors fan base is dwindling.

Anderson fizzling out again. Such a frustrating player to watch. Looked unbeatable in the early legs.

• Advertisement

Anderson fizzling out again. Such a frustrating player to watch. Looked unbeatable in the early legs.

he would be up there with van gerwen lewis and talyor as one of the best in the game if he could finish his doubles,

he would be up there with van gerwen lewis and talyor as one of the best in the game if he could finish his doubles,
    He was actually the opposite this tournament. Scoring not as good but hitting his doubles.

He hasnt got the head/bottle/consistency to be a champion im afraid.

The talent is certainly there at times though, pity.

He was actually the opposite this tournament. Scoring not as good but hitting his doubles.

that's true but if you look at his priemer league form or even against kevin painter in the uk open when he threw away a massive lead nearly every leg he lost was down to not been able to finish quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

mdwexford wrote: »
    He hasnt got the head/bottle/consistency to be a champion im afraid.

The talent is certainly there at times though, pity.

To be fair, he was well on his way before his personal stuff seemed to throw his career into a tailspin. Between here and the BDO, Ando has had more than enough adversity to face in the past, he's well capable of bouncing back some day. Had he held his nerve tonight against Wade that comeback could've started this week. As they say, form is temporary but class is permanent. And Anderson has resources in his game when he's on form that other players (Paul Nicholson comes to mind) can only dream of. He just needs to go on one run in a major tournament and he's back as a threat to anyone again.

He will always be a threat to anyone with the scoring power he possesses but I fear he won't ever win the trophies a player with that much talent should win.

An on song Anderson is up there with Taylor, Lewis and MVG as unplayable.

Hope I am wrong as he is very likeable.

Maybe going back to the plain black shirts is the answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Hamilton through to the Q.Finals, Dolan V Lewis up next

Dolan being destroyed.

Van Gerwen v Wright next. Wright one of my favourites but guess this one well beyond him.

Great 170 from Dolan, making the score look a bit more respectable.

• Advertisement

All one sided games tonight.. hopefully the next one between chisnall and Caven will be a close one.

Advertisement