Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2013 World Matchplay Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's a double edged sword though. If you want Part to be in commentary he has to be out of a competition... and nobody wants that do they?

I love to see JP competing and making it to the latter stages. In an earlier post I prefaced my desire to see him commentating with 'should he retire from active competition' or words to that effect. He's got a few years left in him yet but I hope that SKY keep a seat open for him should he decide to ever hang it up.

I'd say Hamilton will wilt against Lewis. A very good thrower is Hamilton on his day but never seems to have enough when it comes to mixing it with the biggest names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What time is it kicking off?

It's on right now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It just started now. Hopefully the hammer can win although I would like to see Lewis face MvG again. They are always cracking matches.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It just started now. Hopefully the hammer can win although I would like to see Lewis face MvG again. They are always cracking matches.

Yea, I'm looking forward to an MvG vs Lewis semi too. The lightning pace and the incessant big scoring between those two makes a great game to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the hammer is so consistent

barone wrote: »
    the hammer is so consistent

Hamilton is not wilting as I feared he would. Would like to see him do the job on Lewis but there still darts to be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

But the whole point is not about the Sun or Bristow or whether what Bristow said was taken out of context surely?

Surely the whole point is that Taylor cheated and was caught?

He can hardly dictate what the reaction should be, he can only control what he does and doesn't do. He cheated, he only has himself to blame if some redtop goes to town over it.
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to validate his rant. It was that article, a good while after the incident that brought it about is all I was saying.
    For the record, I hope anybody but Taylor wins, don't like the man at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This is turning into another belter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Another quality game. Very disappointed for Hamilton, was really hoping he would win it. Fair play to Lewis though, not his biggest fan but he did well at the end.

It's been a great tournament so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If MVG wins and with Lewis on this form, tomorrow nights game could be a cracker.

Think I'll have to adjust the colour on the tv for this one :pac:

Chizzy needs to stick with MvG and not let him get ahead early. He's doing well so far. Good double shooting so far too.

He needs to make hay while MvG is in this form because you know he will hit a purple patch soon enough.

MvG very lucky to be going in level. Could easily and probably should be 7-3 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great first game and some bottle from Lewis, last two legs were sublime finishes.

Chizzy doing well so far.

Well done Chizzy to break straight back there. Dunno how MvG is 8-7 up, Chizzy has had shots to win a few of those legs.

It's finely poised though, still on throw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the new power wins again.. has several gears to go up yet i feel

What time is the darts on tonight, and which is 1st game up? 2 great games but I'm most excited to see Lewis v MvG, fireworks expected!

• Advertisement

What time is the darts on tonight, and which is 1st game up? 2 great games but I'm most excited to see Lewis v MvG, fireworks expected!
    Should start about 19:15 or so. Think Taylor and Wade are first up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

great start by Lewis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Washout wrote: »
    great start by Lewis

Great start indeed some darts being thrown, is the final also on tonight?

Should start about 19:15 or so. Think Taylor and Wade are first up.
    Got that wrong :o

Some start to this. Lewis storming into the lead, MvG is gonna have to improve big time to live with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Finals on tomorrow night :) wonder if Lewis can keep this form up. Some start to the match none the less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Got that wrong :o

Most betting sites, darts sites and Sky Sports News itself an hour ago had the order reversed from how it transpired.
    So you are forgiven.

Works out well for me as only going to get to see the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Boom.. Game on now.. :D

Shaping up nicely. Lewis has been relentless in pressurising MvG's checkouts. Pulling out massive scores to make him have to take them out.

I fancy Lewis from here. He just looks a bit stronger to me.

• Advertisement

Blah! I really don't like Lewis, but he was the best player tonight and deserved it the win. Those 2 lads are going to have plenty of epic battles over the next 20 years or so I think.

Advertisement