Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant update software..

Options
  • 09-07-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all!
    Jst bought second hand xbox360 flashed. When i was trying to play any new original games its asking me to update the software but just before its finish im getting an error. Anyone know how to fix it or anyone can do it for me?
    I know there is a man in tallaght he is a taxi driver, does flashing and can fix xbox but dont have his number.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Whats the error your getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

if the console is modded or flashed in any way it won't allow an update. If an update goes through properly for any reason, you could be looking at a console ban or an error code of some kind that completely shuts it down and won't allow you to use it at all. I'd advise against trying to update it further ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 greg1990

im not getting any errors, its just saying that cant update and look for support at xbox website. I want to play new games dont really care anymore if it is flashed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 greg1990

actually cant play any games now, its keep asking for update but stops just before its finish :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

greg1990 wrote: »
    actually cant play any games now, its keep asking for update but stops just before its finish :/

Your probably console banned then so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Give a quick look at youtube and or a google. There maybe a couple of hints there. And I don't mean that in the patronising manner. I'm not familiar with flashed 360s but I found one or two bits, but only you have the exact details... Maybe check the mod forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=528

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I remember there was something online about powering off the console and hold down the controller sync button on the console and keep it held as you boot up.

Yeah here are the instructions from the XBox forum...

1. With the console off, press and hold the sync up button (the small one which you connect the pad with)

2. While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

3. Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

4. During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

Another thing to try if you can is this.....

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/p/1447713/3617234.aspx#3617234

If you have a spare usb key handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

It's probably got a non-original DVD drive inside, the update process stops prematurely with an error code if the system detects a non-original DVD drive, this was introduced in later dashboards to stop "spoofing" of the DVD drive.

Advertisement