Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Analytics: UCD Conversion MSc or DIT HDip/Msc in computing

Options
  • 09-07-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Dear all,

I would appreciate any advice on whether I should ultimately go UCD or DIT.
    I ultimately wish to work as a data scientist and you can specialize in data analytics in both of DIT's courses in computing(the H Dip and the Msc).

However, in the final semester of the Conversion course at UCD you can select a handful of modules from the more advanced 'NEGOTIATED LEARNING" Msc.

I wonder are all the same modules ultimately available to me through UCD and if it has a better reputation? Alternatively, DIT has small classes and seems to take an interest in data analytics.

Anyone know anything????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What's your background? i.e. Bachelors, experience, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RogerRabid

I have a BA in Psychology. This means I have some statistical background as well as some research methods. I have 4 years of SPSS, 6 months of R, and 3 months of programming behind me.

Basically a newbie....

Advertisement