Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I still apply for a college loan even though I don't register until September?

Options
  • 09-07-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I've applied for an add on year for college after completing my level six course, so now I'll be moving onto a level seven course. Can I still apply for a college loan and have my guarantor sign for me before I actually go back to college or do I have to wait until September? I really need cash for accommodation and have previously had a year loan and an overdraft and their payments have always been paid. Would love some advice on this, without going down to my local branch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Lorna93,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All loan applications are dealt with on a case by case basis with a range of factors taken into account i.e. loan type and term etc.

You would need to discuss this with a Customer Advisor in your local branch. They may be able to advise you on this by phone rather than having to call in. We can't offer advice here so would be unable to advise you on this. 

Best of luck with your studies and thanks again for posting.
    Tara

Advertisement