Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Lh2013 glad scan went so well. Yea 3 hpurs was the norm for my hospital appointments.

Firsttimemammy. I might have a quick look in new look tomorrow. Im normally a 10 and bought a 12 black maternity trousers that go over the bump. SOoo comfy. Done from approx 20 weeks up until i started mat leave. I had another pair but were under the bump and i didnt feel comfy in them. Felt like i was hanging out or sonething. I would recommend over the bump.
    Other than that i wore dresses or tracksuit bottoms when i was going no where. Want to get a nice pair of jeans this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

O god... The thoughts of maternity wear! I've put on nearly a stone already! But I was quite thin since having my wee fella... Like a stone lighter than then a was Pre 1st pregnancy so although I feel a lot bigger than I did a few weeks ago... I need to cop on an realise I prob needed the extra weight anyway. Yea I agree the over the bump pants are definitely a lot more comfortable in later pregnancy than under the bump pants. Got 2 nice warm winter dresses in monsoon last week in a bigger size that will hopefully do me for winter that can wear with some leggings or tights. Monsoon are sooo expensive for what you get! At the moment I'm living in my trackies and stretchy jeans! Normal jeans just getting tighter and tighter! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Maternity jeans are so comfie! I'm wearing my pair from Next from my last pregnancy but definitely must buy some more. I'm a stone down on pre-pregnancy but I definitely have a bit of a bump. Probably only because I lost the weight ;) I like Next maternity clothes in general they fit well and are well cut.

cyning wrote: »
    Maternity jeans are so comfie! I'm wearing my pair from Next from my last pregnancy but definitely must buy some more. I'm a stone down on pre-pregnancy but I definitely have a bit of a bump. Probably only because I lost the weight ;) I like Next maternity clothes in general they fit well and are well cut.

Jeez a stone down you must be bad. Any improvement for you yet.
    I just got a pair of mat jeans black trousers and a top for 35 in new look. Couldnt believe they were so well priced. Hope there comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Trousers are digging in a bit alright. I loaned all my maternity stuff to someone last year after the miscarriage. I asked for it back two weeks ago, but I'd say she is under pressure with new baby and hasn't dug them out yet. Might have to buy some emergency pants in the meantime!

• Advertisement

No improvement at all :( I'm finding it extremely tough so hoping it all improves soon. Sick of constant nausea and puking hoping its down to my thyroid being a pita that's solvable!

No improvement at all :( I'm finding it extremely tough so hoping it all improves soon. Sick of constant nausea and puking hoping its down to my thyroid being a pita that's solvable!

Jeez. You have my sympathy . I was so sick first time but it eased around 16 weeks but found it harder this time any time i was sick ( which wasnt that often) as you have another lil person to try think about .

Suucee wrote: »
    Jeez. You have my sympathy . I was so sick first time but it eased around 16 weeks but found it harder this time any time i was sick ( which wasnt that often) as you have another lil person to try think about .

I puked almost every day until 40 weeks last time and was hospitalised 3 times with dehydration from vomiting so I should really shut up complaining this time round :D

I puked almost every day until 40 weeks last time and was hospitalised 3 times with dehydration from vomiting so I should really shut up complaining this time round :D

Wow and that didnt turn you off. Just goes to show how its all worth it in the end.

Is anyone getting head aches. I dont normally get head aches but have had a few in the past week. Woke up the other morning and it felt like i had been out all night.
    A couple of nights ive gone to bed with a damp facecloth over my forehead. I thought it was my hayfever causing them but that has eased a bit now.

Im glad im not the only one needing to sort maternity wear already.

Suucee wrote: »
    Wow and that didnt turn you off. Just goes to show how its all worth it in the end.

Is anyone getting head aches. I dont normally get head aches but have had a few in the past week. Woke up the other morning and it felt like i had been out all night.
    A couple of nights ive gone to bed with a damp facecloth over my forehead. I thought it was my hayfever causing them but that has eased a bit now.

Im glad im not the only one needing to sort maternity wear already.

Yep I've definitely had a few headaches the past week!!! I'm also completely dosed with a cold/flu... Haven't a clue where I got it from. Shortness of breath really bad lately aswell so started taking the ventolin inhaler I took on my last pregnancy. I could even just be sitting down and would get it. But goin up our 3 flights of stairs kills me altogether! And I'm average weight (9st 2 now). And was quite fit. So it's really annoying that I can't even go for a walk!

I'd say my headaches could also be due to being so housebound and not getting enough fresh air! Anyone else got bad shortness of breath?

• Advertisement

Sligo, only slight shortness of breath going up hills (pushing a buggy) or the stairs. Im asthmatic so was expecting it anyway as got worse with last pregnancy the heavier I got.
    I think the weather may be a factor though too as im finding myself wheezing lately too.

God the headaches. Went to bed at 9,30 last night with such a bad one, seriously never had anything like it. Took a panadol, not a major fan of pain killers as they play havoc on my stomach but I had to try something. Woke a few hours later and it was 10 times worse so decided to take another. LO then woke at 5.30 (bloody wind) and it was still at me.
    OH got up with her then at 8 and I got up a while later. It eased a lot then but now back with a vengeance. Just took 2 panadol and having a nice hot choc now thanks to OH so hoping it eases.
    Im not one to get head aches but jeez this is bad.
    And I spoke too soon about hayfever easing. Sneezing all day and nose blocked up. the only nasal spray I have that I can use at the mo is crap. Im really hoping im not coming down with something.

I've no headaches or shortness of breath thankfully. If they are that bad, maybe get a quick blood pressure test in the chemist just in case?

Make sure you are drinking enough water too. If you went cold turkey on anything like coffee, might be headaches from withdrawal.

I'm completely paranoid about headaches in pregnancy, one of my best friends had awful ones. Turned out they were undiagnosed pre-eclampsia which turned into full blown eclampsia with fits and the whole lot towards the end. Both her and the baby survived thank goodness, but it was a close thing.

Flu season is coming now too, that can give headaches as well... do they still give us the free flu vaccine I wonder?

No didnt drink coffee anyway. Think its a cold or flu. Sneezing like mad and throat a little raw and LO was up SIX times last night. Six. She normally sleeps fine. We removed cot bars over a month ago so she could get out and get used to it for the move to a bed. OH stuck them back on last night to keep her in.
    We think she wanted in to our bed as she normally comes in and has a quick cuddle in the mornings but this was 2.30 last night.
    So im wrecked. And feel like crap.
    Oh pwurple funny you mention bp. Was in my mothers yesterday and was complaining and she said the same and she has her own bp monitor so checked it. It was105/66 so deffinetly not high.
    Just a stupid flu.
    I think we do get flu jab i could of done with it before now.
    Not in work until 2 so will get a rest when LO goes for a nap. Poor thing also sneezing so looks like we both picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Morning,

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or link for maternity benefit pay. My company do not pay maternity leave so I will be getting the state maternity pay. However, I am not sure if this is paid as a % of your total earnings in the previous tax year or what way it works. I have looked on Citizens information page and welfare page but can't seem to make sense of it all. I really need to know so I can start putting money away to make up for the shortfall while I am off. Thanks

Hi Central,
    Here is the form to be sent in. You send it 8-6 weeks in advance.
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/mb10.pdf

You get somewhere between 262 and 217.8 per week, depending on your tax credits in the previous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Thanks Pwurple,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to work out how much though as this is a significant drop to my monthly salary. Getting very nervous about our finances now.

central wrote: »
    Thanks Pwurple,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to work out how much though as this is a significant drop to my monthly salary. Getting very nervous about our finances now.

If you're fully employed in general, it should be the max one. You will get children's allowance as well. That's 130 a month (as long as they don't change that in the budget!)

Total net income: ~1170 euro per month. Child allowance won't start for a few weeks though. I'm nearly afraid to tell you that the maternity leave is taxed as income also.

I'm in the same boat btw... no company maternity pay, and we just moved house. I'm saving like a crazy lady at the moment to make sure we can cover mortgage and food while I'm off. I won't be able to afford to take any unpaid leave, that's for sure.

I'm driving a 12 year old car fairly crappy car, wouldn't mind a safer one, but won't be able to change it for another couple of years, and we haven't had a holiday since 2009. This procreation lark is bloody expensive.

Still, all worth it in the long run. Keep telling yourself that.

I'm not sick today!!!! Woohoo I ate lunch and breakfast, have roast chicken in oven for dinner all the laundry is done and the cupboards are tidy... I've drank 3 pints of water and love that I'm not gagging and puking :)

Sweet baby jesus... my GP just phoned to check if the thing she prescribed is working, and we were having a quick chat about my infected nipple and if I could get something done to reconstruct the other one so I can breastfeed. Me not realising that my new graduate had walked into my office, and was waiting patiently behind me for me to sign something. Poor young fella was beetroot coloured when I turned around and spotted him. Oops! I think I said 'nipple' about 20 times in that conversation.

I don't know which of us is more embarrassed!

Oh jeez pwurple..... Oh I'm sorry but you've given me a great laugh though ;)

Oh and how's your nipple? Is it starting to heal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

pwurple wrote: »
    Sweet baby jesus... my GP just phoned to check if the thing she prescribed is working, and we were having a quick chat about my infected nipple and if I could get something done to reconstruct the other one so I can breastfeed. Me not realising that my new graduate had walked into my office, and was waiting patiently behind me for me to sign something. Poor young fella was beetroot coloured when I turned around and spotted him. Oops! I think I said 'nipple' about 20 times in that conversation.

I dont mean to laugh but that is the funniest thing I have read in ages ;)

Feeling stupidly hormonal the last two days !!! Not able !! My SIL literally stole one. Of my scan pics grrrrrr I have had to get OH to go get it back ! The cheek !!! Stoopid in laws telling me to buy every last thing second hand ;( they can be too much sometimes !!!

pwurple wrote: »

Poor you Pwurple.... But HILARIOUS!!!! Have to give you a hug for that one!

Thanks guys... No healing yet, but we've a bit of time. I live in hope.

Just want to erase his memory so I can pretend that never happened. Arg.

Maltesers are helping. :)

Pwurple thats berm the first time i laughed all day. Hilarious.

Cyning glad your feeling better.

LH yep i was very emotional today. Have a cold and head ache all day. And it was the busiest day in 5 yrs in work . 2 managers had a go at me for the same thing then i got a complete ignorant cow on the phone with a "the customers always right" attitide.
    Actually had tears in my eyes. Just wasnt able for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Hi ladies!!

I had my scan yesterday and everything is great. The first shot was of the baby lengthways and kicking away like crazy and then the whole time it was moving about. It was so amazing to see and so reassuring as I was starting to get the heeby-jeebies. Makes it all so real. :D

Still suffering from nausea and tiredness here. My routine seems to be a couple of good days and then a bad day. I had my bad afternoon yesterday after we got back from the hospital. Good barely lift myself off the couch, so was delighted that fiance is so obliging when it comes to doing dinners and cleaning up when I'm not up to it.

Hopefully the tiredness and sicky feelings lift soon as I'm 13 weeks today. I've a list of stuff I want to do around the house and am just waiting on my energy to return so I can get started!!

Hope everyone feeling good getting into the second trimester! Started feeling tiny movements the past day or 2! Not like the kinda butterfly feeling like the first time around... But actually more of a specific movement. Like a really tiny tiny kick. Now obviously i don't think it's a kick but it's just more specific then the butterflies like last time. Any movements with anyone else? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

No movements here but as a first timer I probably won't till later I suppose. Had our third scan ( consultant seems to like scanning) all perfect thank god and back again in three weeks :) at least they are after work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hey all I'm from the April thread (2nd of April might go early,went on due date first time) said I'd pop in I'm just over 12 weeks now and I feel my sickest. Got sick last night near killed me. Think I'm officially put off a lot of foods now. My first scan is next week can't wait.

Pwurple got to say the situation is funny in terms of been heard by new guy but ouch on the reason behind the conversation you were having.

I have movements, I'm sure of it now! I jumped up from the dinner table the other night with one. I'm a couple of days off 16 weeks, which is when I started feeling them first time round. This was like a small punch in the tummy. Husband is convinced it's a boy based on the post-ham-sandwich scan showing a break dancing baby, and these movements being earlier. No telling him.

Bump is pretty visible now. Got my maternity gear back from loan... Put on my over bump trousers, and a top that ties under the (giant) boobs. I look about 6 months gone in them. They totally emphasise it.

• Advertisement

Hey all I'm from the April thread (2nd of April might go early,went on due date first time) said I'd pop in I'm just over 12 weeks now and I feel my sickest. Got sick last night near killed me. Think I'm officially put off a lot of foods now. g.

Synster i got like that aroun 11 weeks. I had been sick tge odd day here or there but then kept getting sick numerous times a day and just felt so exhausted and horrible. So went to gp and turned out i had a kidney infection.

I do feel little movements every so often too. Not flutters but not kicks.
    Im feeling pretty good at the mo. Not as tired but having serious words with LO to stop coming in to us in the middle of the night.
    Seriouslly thinking of making a startbon the bomb sight of a spare room but Oh keeps reminding me theres loads of time .
    I think it because i feeling up to it at the mo.

Advertisement