Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    I sympathise on that cyning. Moving house does indeed suck. Three house moves in as many years for us.

I haven't felt any flutter things now all week, so i'm getting nervous about it, and back doing knicker watch. 2 more weeks til scan. I wish I had xray vision sometimes.

Pwurple if you are worried about the lack of movements could you ring your hospital? On my first (amd I was only 6 weeks at the time), one weekend I just stopped feeling pregnant. No nausea etc etc. I rang my hospital, they told me come in and they did a quick scan. Saw the heartbeat... And boy was relieved! It might put your mind at rest... Esp because of your history... I'd say you're very nervous.... I hope your ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I think I'm getting a kidney infection aaaaggh! I've a stupid temperature and it really hurts when I pee for the last few hours. Doc in the morning so. And there I was trying to avoid them :( trying to flush it out with water. I even baked today I was feeling so well.

Succee hope you get your appt fast that sucks

cyning wrote: »
    I think I'm getting a kidney infection aaaaggh! I've a stupid temperature and it really hurts when I pee for the last few hours. Doc in the morning so. And there I was trying to avoid them :( trying to flush it out with water. I even baked today I was feeling so well.

Succee hope you get your appt fast that sucks

Cranberry Juice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Cranberry Juice!!!

Sorry to interlope in here, it came up on the main page. Cranberry juice is fine for a while with kidney infections, but it has very high sugar content, which can make it worse. Lots of water and cranberry sachets or capsules are another option.

Sorry to interlope in here, it came up on the main page. Cranberry juice is fine for a while with kidney infections, but it has very high sugar content, which can make it worse. Lots of water and cranberry sachets or capsules are another option.

Most fruit juices have a really high sugar content. Some more so than fizzy drinks. If its only for a week or 2 and not for a prolonged period cranberry juice is excellent for those with kidney infections. Especially for pregnant women who don't want to or can't be taking various antibiotics as contraindicated in pregnancy. I few people I know who we're pregnant with KIdney infections were told by their GPs to drink Cranberry Juice... (but I won't go on about that as we are not able to give medical advice here). Obviously if the person suffers from diabetes or is at risk of gestational diabetes cranberry juice would be contraindicated.

But it is great for keeping kidney infections at bay. Keep going with the water aswell :-). And see a GP .... They may well prescribe something for you.

• Advertisement

Oh god no. No cranberry. I'd prefer the pain fecking horrible and I'm only just getting over the puking!!!

cyning wrote: »
    Oh god no. No cranberry. I'd prefer the pain fecking horrible and I'm only just getting over the puking!!!

Lol.... Forgot you prob wouldn't be able to keep it down :(. Hope your feeling better tomorrow. Your doc will prob prescribe you something for it.

Can't manage any kind of juice right now so the tartness of cranberry would kill me!! Plenty of water though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Lidl are getting in body pillows on thurs 3rd for only 10.99. 40 x 145cm
    Think ill be taking a trip. OH complaining only last night about using his pillows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Most fruit juices have a really high sugar content. Some more so than fizzy drinks. If its only for a week or 2 and not for a prolonged period cranberry juice is excellent for those with kidney infections. Especially for pregnant women who don't want to or can't be taking various antibiotics as contraindicated in pregnancy. I few people I know who we're pregnant with KIdney infections were told by their GPs to drink Cranberry Juice... (but I won't go on about that as we are not able to give medical advice here). Obviously if the person suffers from diabetes or is at risk of gestational diabetes cranberry juice would be contraindicated.

But it is great for keeping kidney infections at bay. Keep going with the water aswell :-). And see a GP .... They may well prescribe something for you.

Just trying to help but never mind so, when I suffered from recurrent kidney infections for over a year I was told to stop drinking the cranberry juice because while it's fine for a few days for a minor infection in the long term the sugar doesn't help, to stick to loads of water to flush it out and other methods of avoiding them/getting rid of them, not just antibiotics.

• Advertisement

Just trying to help but never mind so, when I suffered from recurrent kidney infections for over a year I was told to stop drinking the cranberry juice because while it's fine for a few days for a minor infection in the long term the sugar doesn't help, to stick to loads of water to flush it out and other methods of avoiding them/getting rid of them, not just antibiotics.

... Sorry I wasnt biting... apologies if it came across like that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thanks guys, i think i felt something today during a very boring meeting. :) may just not have noticed anything the last while with flying around being busy. Just super-nervous. Toddler is off-form the last few days, whingy and a mild temp, off her food. Hope she isn't coming down with something.

So have my booking appointment this thurs 3rd. At just under 16 weeks. Hope im not there half the day. But excited all the same with getting another scan. Should see so much more this time.

My back is in bits again. I really need to remember im pregnant.
    Hurt it lifting LO out of the bath yesterday evening. I struggled to walk this morning when igot up. And stairs are a bit of a killer.
    Ugh. Need to take it easy . Im constantly lifting her and doing other bits. Last time i just wasnt able.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Best of luck tomorrow Suucee!

We've an early pregnancy class this evening. I get to finish work early especially!! lol

I think the nausea and tiredness are finally starting to taper off. I'm not feeling as icky after meals and I definitely have more energy in the evenings. Feeling good!

Bought my first lot of maternity clothes on Sunday. I think I was made for maternity clothes. It was the first time ever I bought every single item I brought into a changing room with me. They're so forgiving!! Not actually wearing any of them yet - have to take up the trousers but at least I have my back-up for the morning in the very near future when my bigger size trousers finally decide not to button anymore!!

• Administrators Posts: 14,088 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Anyone else really really thirsty?!

I probably don't drink enough water everyday anyway (regardless of being pregnant or not) but in the last few weeks, I am knocking it back by the bottle full!

This is my 4th pregnancy, 5 years since my last, but I don't remember being so thirsty on the others.

Edit: Just to say - I'm not looking for medical advice - I have thought about diabetes/gestational diabetes and will mention it at my next apt. I don't think I'm that thirsty anyway for it to be diabetes, but definitely thirstier than normal... Just wondering is anyone else in a similar boat.

GD wouldn't normally show up until later anyway!

I am extremely thirsty too but for me I have to be really careful with how much I drink or I puke. Have really horribly bad dry mouth too; I dunno I think it's a pregnancy thing! Would sparkling water or something help quench thirst abit more maybe?

I'm definitely more thirsty than I used to be. When I'm in work, I usually have a pint of water sitting beside me anyway, and I would top it up throughout the day but there would have been times when I'd have nothing in the glass and it wouldn't bother me.

Since I got pregnant, I find myself feeling parched if the glass is empty. I'm constantly topping up.

So I think it's definitely a pregnancy symptom!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Im the opposite, I would normally drink a lot of water, but since becoming pregnant I find I have to force myself to drink enough.

Does anyone else have terrible headaches?

I'm only getting headaches when I forget to drink more water.

I've started the crazy vivid dreams and nightmares though.

Not great with water mysrlf. Could forget to drink for half the day.

Pwurple i wish i could sleep to dream. Havent had a good sleep in ages but got my body pillow in lidl so hoping that will help.

Scan went well today. So surprised was out in 1hr 15mins. Dating 15w 4d so due 23 which is the date i worked out myself.
    But noticed on my card it has edd as 15 ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I am thirsty all the time but water is making me gag :( my tummy feels so heavy today !!!

Water can be extremely harsh with morning sickness! I had to give up on it totally last time round, and have sparkling or icy icy cold now: as in I freeze a 2 litre bottle and drink it as it defrosts.

Awful awful headaches here but mine are definitely thyroid related. Between that and the dizziness with any exertion and a toddler I'm run ragged :)

Delighted scan went well succee. I got the lidl pillow as well, didn't use it yet, there was no sign of a pillow case for it.

I didn't sleep at all on my other pregnancies, but I'm sleeping well on this one so far thank feck. I remember my poor husband on my first pregnancy, I was totally obsessed with his phone charging, and the BLINDING light I was telling him was coming off it making me wake up. That was how I knew I was pregnant the second time as well, the tiny phone LED suddenly started driving me nuts again. This time i'm sleeping through him even reading with the lights on no problemo. Odd how pregnancies are so different each time.

Most tactless woman alive told me today I'm "starting to look pregnant instead of just getting a bit chubby." Cheers lady!

I wish I was looking pregnant rather than just looking chubby!!! lol

A woman today told me my baby is obv going to be huge as I am so big already :(

LH2013 wrote: »
    A woman today told me my baby is obv going to be huge as I am so big already :(

I got loads of that the last time. With them thinking 8lb . She was 6lb 10 and I lost the weight fairly quick.
    I think because i'm small when I start to get a bump I look huge.

Pwurple I used the pillow last night. I didn't bother with a cover as its in a removable cover that can be chucked in the washing machine. I still didn't sleep any better.

Back is getting worse. the only time I lift LO is when I have to so in and out of car and high chair really.
    Doc said yesterday if it get worse they will refer me to physio.

So has any body else decided if they are going to find out the gender . I cant wait to find out. Found out with LO and it was great to be prepared.
    My mum keeps saying it will be a boy and then we will be done. Eh what if its not. I don't mind either way but everyone feels the need to say "ah hopefully it will be a boy" while im thinking hopefully it will be healthy.

We are totally finding out and we cant wait !!!!

We kinda found out at my scan on Wednesday!!!! :-). When I say kinda I mean I'm only 16 weeks so its quite early to give a definite result and my consultant said what she thinks it is but there's a chance she could be wrong and to wait till 20week scan to be absolutely sure!!! I'm soooooo excited!!! Want me to tell ye????

On a terrible note... I was balling my eyes out yesterday after being asked to leave a cafe as it was not appropriate to have my son in there because of the hot drinks and food being served!!!! Can u believe it!!!! Just to clarify he was well out if the way of anyone and not blocking any walkways or anything!!!! And it was a good size cafe... Plenty of space. I had an argument with the employee and walked out and burst into tears :-(

Sligo thats horrible . Id be the same as you and probably cry. Im too soft.

So are you gona let us in on it

• Advertisement

Well she thinks its a girl :-). Am sooo excited. I'd be just as excited if it was a boy. But I dunno... I think it makes things so much more real for me when I know what it is :).

Yea and what made things worse is that I've been to the same coffee shop 3 times over the last week and was never asked to leave!!! And worse... I'm looking after my sister who has mild cerebral palsy at the moment and she was in the hairdressers next door... So I had to go and wait inthe car for 45min and feed my son in the car while I waited!!! Think I'm gonna complain... I'd nearly start a thread on it but I know it'll just decend into chaos about buggys blocking exits and being fire hazards and screaming kids etc etc... None of which was the problem here :(.... Rant over...

Advertisement