Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,088 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Suucee wrote: »
    My mum keeps saying it will be a boy and then we will be done. Eh what if its not. I don't mind either way but everyone feels the need to say "ah hopefully it will be a boy" while im thinking hopefully it will be healthy.

My first was a boy, and 2nd was a girl. The amount of people who said "at least you won't have to go again"!!

I never HAD to go in the first place!

And then the cheek of me.. I DID go again.... And again ;)

Edit: I've just seen your posts Sligo1.. DEFINITELY, without question complain. If you don't feel like you could go in and face them without getting upset then write a letter to the manager.. if it's a chain I'd also Cc the head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

What sort of Cafe doesnt allow children ?! I would def' complain .. The cheek of them !!!!!!
    I am sooo not able to sleep anymore even with the body pillow :( awake since 4.30 am .... Wrecked !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What kind of cafe lets you in previously with the child three times in one week and then changes their policy? Food and drink being served... So what? There's food and drink in my kitchen too. It's a child, not an animal.

I'd have called the manager, that sounds like a jumped up idiot employee to me (easier said than done when you are being publicly mortified though!).

Congrats on the girl! How exciting to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    What kind of cafe lets you in previously with the child three times in one week and then changes their policy? Food and drink being served... So what? There's food and drink in my kitchen too. It's a child, not an animal.

I'd have called the manager, that sounds like a jumped up idiot employee to me (easier said than done when you are being publicly mortified though!).

Congrats on the girl! How exciting to know!

Thanks Pwurple.

Yea thats why I was so taken back... because they have never said that to me before. And get this.... I asked to speak to the manager... and she said she was the manager! I later found out that shes actually the sister of the owner who is acting as manager in his absence... this is TBC.... lol. will see what happens if I make a complaint. Not really sure where the legalities lie with this... I actually think its at their discretion so theres not much I can do. Not sure if its discrimination or not. But I felt completely humiliated... the way the conversation went... (she got very annoyed) and i ended up leaving very upset... id say the owner will just stand by her tho as they're family. Anyway, needless to say I will never be returning. Ud think it was the Ritz or soemthing.... And even then, they would have more cop-on and intelligence than to treat people like that! O my... I need to stop the ranting... apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Sligo I'm horrified for you. I know some places don't allow kids but this was obviously not the case when they had no problem taking your money before? I'd be distraught.

The nausea seems quite gone. Well gone for me! I still weigh 10 pounds less then I did when I got pregnant and amnt gaining but bump is just losing it elsewhere! Itchiness is driving me nutty too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Booked our 3d scan to find out the gender. Cant wait. Had it last time and it was brilliant. Gettingit this saturday so will be 16 +6 . They lady that will be doing it said she can tell from 16 weeks once baba in the right way but if for any reason she cant tell will bring me back 2 weeks later.
    Im so excited. Cant wait.

Had our 3d scan today. Having a boy. Was as clear as day. So will have 1 of each.
    So excited and delighted. Measuring 17+4.
    Every scan has me dating differently. He will come when he's good and ready.
    HE sounds so weird so used to her .
    :-)

Soooo delighted for you Suucee. I think it feels mad when we can actually call it 'him' or 'her'!

Yea kept saying she during the scan and was just looking at baby name thread and still looking at girls names. Was convinced he was a she. Ooh. Cant wait to go shopping now.

Ah brilliant Succee!! I'm convinced it's a boy this time because in comparison to C I'm not sick at all... Scan 5th Nov so I guess we will see then ;)

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Ah brilliant Succee!! I'm convinced it's a boy this time because in comparison to C I'm not sick at all... Scan 5th Nov so I guess we will see then ;)

Im the same completly different pregnancy but i was convinced was a girl for some reason.

Oh that's fab succee! A boy, aww.

I've my 20 week scan on wednesday, really looking forward to it. I'm thinking about getting a fetal doppler for some peace of mind. Anyone used one before?

Full on nesting mode is kicking in for me. I made this HUGE list of tiny things that are wrong with the house yesterday, and started into them. The Living room now looks like a tool box exploded in it.

I've my 20 week scan on wednesday, really looking forward to it. I'm thinking about getting a fetal doppler for some peace of mind. Anyone used one before?

Full on nesting mode is kicking in for me. I made this HUGE list of tiny things that are wrong with the house yesterday, and started into them. The Living room now looks like a tool box exploded in it.

I wouldnt bother with the doppler. My friend had 1 i gave it to me with A bit warned me it is hard to use. I think i found the heart beat once. It would make you fret for no reason. In a few weeks you'l be havinv the proper full on kicks.

Im so tired. Poor LO not well at all so wr pulled her bed in to our room last night and between OH snoring LO coughing snoring and wakinv every hour i hardly slept a wink. Getting ready to bring her to out of hrs doc.
    Plus my back is in bits and doesnt help that she just wants to be carried and cuddled.

I wouldnt bother with the doppler. My friend had 1 i gave it to me with A bit warned me it is hard to use. I think i found the heart beat once. It would make you fret for no reason. In a few weeks you'l be havinv the proper full on kicks.

Im so tired. Poor LO not well at all so wr pulled her bed in to our room last night and between OH snoring LO coughing snoring and wakinv every hour i hardly slept a wink. Getting ready to bring her to out of hrs doc.
    Plus my back is in bits and doesnt help that she just wants to be carried and cuddled.

• Administrators Posts: 14,088 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The only time I've heard anyone singing the praises of a Doppler is in an ad for one! I have heard a few people say it only makes you fret more if/when you can't find the heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Suucee, that's amazing that you're having a boy! I bet it makes it all even more real!!

20 week hosp appointment today. All went ok. No scan, they took bloods for iron level, and my blood pressure.

Took 4 flaming hours of sitting around. Not mad happy with that tbh, will see if I can arrange a private scan without breaking the bank. I asked for the midwife clinic next time, which is at 32 weeks. next appointment is january.

I was wondering about anomoly scans. Are these done as a matter of routine, or does is depend on the hospital?

My last scan was 13 weeks, and my next one is 34. Lots of people have been telling me I should be getting an anomoly scan and that 34 weeks is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Mine is standard and I think everyone gets it in the Coombe.

I was wondering about anomoly scans. Are these done as a matter of routine, or does is depend on the hospital?

My last scan was 13 weeks, and my next one is 34. Lots of people have been telling me I should be getting an anomoly scan and that 34 weeks is too late.

Im going to the maternity Limerick and its not standard there... Really think it should be ! My first scan was 12 weeks next at hosp is not until 34 weeks !

• Advertisement

Im with mullingar. First scan was at 16 weeks . But had been at epu at 6 and 7. Due back at 24 weeks but prob no scan. Last pregnancy had scan at 14 weeks then nothing till about 34 or more. I had a private anomoly last time but have since changed gp and will have a scan at every gp appointment.
    Had a private 3d done at the weekend also which was nice also. Wee man was doing a jig so pics arent great but was great to see him so clearly.

We have 3D booked for early December .. Can not wait !!!!

Thanks girls!!

So, it looks like it depends on the hospital. The 34 week scan seems to be common depending on the hospital.

Will talk to my OH and see if he thinks we should get a private anomoly scan, although I presume the hospital know what they're doing!

Kerry is one scan and one scan only, unless there's a medical reason for them.

I'm really looking forward to next scan. Feel like a big heap of poo and like having the scans to look forward to :)

I started bleeding a tiny little bit yesterday, freaked out and went in for a scan in the emergency room. Turns out the placenta is v low. Blocking the exit so to speak. They said if I continue to bleed, it's bedrest for me for the rest of the pregnancy. And if the placenta doesn't move up, it's a section at 38 weeks.

hmmmmm. It's not like I was climbing mountains before. I've switched to parking in the nearby parking spots and 'delegated' some bits of work... but it's tricky to manage 'taking it easy' with a 2 year old bouncing around the place. Nothing since though, so that's good.

Oh Pwurple, you must have got such a fright! Fair play going in and getting checked so quickly.

I can't imagine bed-rest is possible with your bouncing 2 year old.

Fingers crossed the placenta plays ball for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Pwurple- that's awful! My biggest fear by far.. I really couldn't handle bed rest hubby would not be able for J all on his own! I hope everything goes great for you from here on..!

Oh pwurplr how scary. Id say you were terrified. Fingers crossed for you now . Bed rest and 2 year old. Thats impossible.

Oh how scary :( resting up is easier said than done though !

• Advertisement

Pwurple that's awful! You really really need to mind yourself now tho! I know easier said than done with a wee one... But really, try g your hubby/partner/family to do most of the work, lifting toddler etc etc... You really need to take it easy. Hope you ok.

Advertisement