Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Hi everyone can I join! Due baby #4 on the 29th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Baby 4? Your amazing :)

Scan tomorrow cannot wait to see babs again. See if I'm right and it's a boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

lou757 wrote: »
    Hi everyone can I join! Due baby #4 on the 29th March.

I aspire to have 4!! If we are fortunate enough! Hubby wants to reassess after 3! Lol. Will see how we are at 2 tho and might have to reassess then! Hahaha.

Big congratulations!

My hubby told me if we had a bigger house he'd like 4 about a week ago. I nearly flipping died: I'd love them I'm just terrible at being pregnant! It seriously takes it's toll physically on me... So he was told to feck off with his broodiness untill this one was in school at least ;)

cyning wrote: »
    My hubby told me if we had a bigger house he'd like 4 about a week ago. I nearly flipping died: I'd love them I'm just terrible at being pregnant! It seriously takes it's toll physically on me... So he was told to feck off with his broodiness untill this one was in school at least ;)

Haha... It's my hubby who wants to reassess after 3 because of how I am when I'm pregnant! I wouldn't be the easiest to get along with so to speak! It's him who couldn't handle the 4 pregnancies haha... Sure we'll see. Age is also a factor I spose. I'm 31 now and would want a break for a few years... And who knows what may happen in meantime.

• Advertisement

Oh here I'm extremely emotional: and cranky! I've been worse in the last few weeks since stopping breastfeeding too think the double whammy of hormones didn't really help. But might have been cause the sickness and tiredness caught up with me too... I'm 28 for a whole week now so could go again in another few years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Oh here I'm extremely emotional: and cranky! I've been worse in the last few weeks since stopping breastfeeding too think the double whammy of hormones didn't really help. But might have been cause the sickness and tiredness caught up with me too... I'm 28 for a whole week now so could go again in another few years ;)

I was the same I stopped b/feeding my youngest 3 weeks ago and was so emotional. I think its the hormones mixed in with some feelings of guilt at least thats was how it was with me. It gets much easier though so chin up :) I have dd who is 11, ds who is 3 1/2 and another ds who is 2 at times it gets a little hairy but its so worth it, I guess I am lucky that I get to stay at home with them should be fun with baby #4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

pwurple mar 10
    cyning mar 14
    sligo1 mar 17
    moominn mar 17
    polydactyl mar 20
    suucee mar 21
    LH2013 mar 21
    firsttimemammy mar 25
    siipina mar 29
    Vinz Mesrine gf mar 30

Just adding myself there on March 25th. I haven't been around the past week or so.....

Things are all good here. Started feeling movements a couple of weeks back, but because it's our first was afraid to be sure what it was, but after a week of the same kinds of movements I'm sure now. It's so good to feel - so reassuring! The past couple of days kicks have turned into rapid fluttering, almost like a palpitating heart. Dunno if that means the baby's in a slightly different position.

Starting to show a good bit now, and finding moving about in bed a bit harder. I actually can't sleep on my back anymore, even if I wanted to, as it gets sore very quickly.

I've a GP appointment on Wednesday morning, so am hoping to hear the heartbeat then!

Hitting the halfway point tomorrow.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

pwurple mar 10
    cyning mar 14
    suucee mar 15
    sligo1 mar 17
    moominn mar 17
    polydactyl mar 20
    LH2013 mar 21
    firsttimemammy mar 25
    lou757 mar 29
    siipina mar 29
    Vinz Mesrine gf mar 30

Added lou575, congrats and welcome. :)

Succee, I don't know what date you want, I've stuck in the 15th, cos that's the hosp one I think? Change away yourself if that's not right.

I feel like I've been shoved to the front of the plane for a sky-dive with that list!
    Started training my work backfill this morning. Makes it feel a bit real.

My ravenous hunger has eased this week, finally. No weight increase this week, no making sandwiches for myself at 3am either. Thank feck. Heartburn and SPD are on though. Must check with the doctor how many gaviscon I can take.. I'm trying to ration it to two a day at the moment. Went for a huge long walk on sunday morning, and could barely move for the rest of the day with hip pain.

lol at you Pwurple being first to take a skydive. What an apt way of putting it!

I hear ya on the heartburn. I only have Rennie tablets at the moment, which I'm determined to use up before I buy Gaviscon. It does seem to take 2 tablets to make any kind of a difference though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yea gaviscon galore here also. I find the liquid tge best. I had it terrible last time and asked doc about the amount i was taking. He wasnt too worried at all.
    LO was born with a huge head of hair so wondering how through the myth is.
    Pwurple dont think it makes any difference what date you put lil man will come when he's good and ready .
    Also went for a walk today and now my pubic bone is in bits. Cant stand , sit or lie comfortably now. LO in bed so trying to relax but ive moved from one couch to the other from sitting to lying.
    OH got me a hot water bottle but its too hot. Have the stove lit so room is roasting.
    And ive had a major spot break put on my face. Probably stress as eventhough i had a weeks hols from work last week LO was sick again so got no rest.
    And now that im back im even more stressed . Have decided im definetly going to start mat leave early as will not be returning to work once babas born. Just wouldnt make financial sence to return. So got my form and have it filled in but it says cant be completed by doc or employer until 24 weeks but then i wont have given the 6 weeks notice that they require so will have a chat with manager tomortow.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Wow everyone is getting on in weeks :):) Im at 20 weeks now lovely little kicks every now and then other than a little pelvic pain I still feel great :) I really hope I stay great ;) Everyone at work says im too chilled out ha ha

Had a GP visit today and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Amazing!! Everything is good and GP is very happy with my progress so I'm delighted.

She did express surprise that I haven't been booked for a circa 20 week scan and that my next booked scan isn't until 34 weeks.

I've to ring OLOL this afternoon and see if I should be getting a scan sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Not all hospitals do the anatomy scan unfortunately. Drogheda may be one of the ones that don't. I had mind yesterday in the Coombe and thank god all is well. Got some 3d pics as well but the little minx kept his/her hands up over their face the entire time!

Yeah, polydactyl, I had a feeling Drogheda might be one of the ones who don't. I rang them there earlier and they said they don't do them as standard. Only if there's a problem.

I think the GP I was with is new in the practice. She seemed to know lots about the Dublin hospitals but nothing about OLOL.

I'm happy enough to wait until our next scan at 34 weeks, but I think OH wants to see baba again sooner.

I'll have to see if he's also willing to spend the money!

Great to hear your own scan went well. It's such great reassurance isn't it?

Anybody else really thirsty ?!

LH2013 wrote: »
    Anybody else really thirsty ?!

Extremely! And then if I drink "too" much I puke! And the dry mouth ugh!

Extremely! And then if I drink "too" much I puke! And the dry mouth ugh!

Its kind of annoying ... Water is a bit eugh but im finding orange juice too sweet !!

Oh I will NEVER forget sitting up after having C in the labour ward at 4ish in the morning drinking orange juice and eating toast. First time in 9 months with no feelings of sickness. Way too acidy for me right now... Sparkling water is nice though! Water is bleugh here too... Unless it's ice ice cold : I freeze two litre bottles of water and drink as it melts!

No thirst here... Most symptoms completely gone apart from the hips really. Even my hunger and weight gain has stopped. No extra weight for the last 3 weeks. If it wasn't for those kicks I'd be freaking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

It's a huge relief Firsttimemammy when that scan is normal and you are your little baby. Pwurple well done on the weight. I had only gained 6 pounds until week 20 and now have gained another two pounds in one week!

O don't start about the weight! I've put on 22lbs! I was 8 and half stone initially and now 10st 1lb. Going into week 23. Jaysus......

polydactyl wrote: »
    It's a huge relief Firsttimemammy when that scan is normal and you are your little baby. Pwurple well done on the weight. I had only gained 6 pounds until week 20 and now have gained another two pounds in one week!

Yeah, I was going up a kilo a week at one point as well. I'm up nearly 7kg in total from starting point at this stage. I would have needed a winch to get into the hospital if it didn't slow down!

On my first pregnancy I lost 2kg in the last month when morning sickness came back at the very end and floored me. Hoping that doesn't happen again. Was miserable altogether.

I must tell oh to stop buying me the big bags of giant choc buttons at night!!! I've been devouring a while pack easily in 20min...

Oooooh yummy! Post any spares down to me. :D

pwurple wrote: »
    Oooooh yummy! Post any spares down to me. :D

Lol. Ha r u joking... Teres no spare food around with Sligo the savage on the prowl! Hahaha

I've been crazy thirsty too. It's fine when I'm in work because we have ice-cold filtered water and I keep a pint glass topped up beside me at all times, but at the weekends I really struggle to find something that will appease it. I don't like tap water and am trying to cut down on fizzies, so find myself drinking orange cordial instead.

Weight gain here has been fine - only 9 lbs so far, but the past couple of weeks I've been mad for 'bold' food - sausage rolls, chipper, McDonalds, Dominos.

And there I was with my resolution to try eat only healthy stuff for this pregnancy. That was very easy when I was feeling yuck in the first 3 months!! lol

I try so hard to eat healthy but OH brings me home yummy things !!! Family bag of malteasers last night and a turkish delight today !! Im terrified of getting GD :0 so trying to reign back in my sugar intake !!

I wish OH would bring me home treats. Might have to get him in training!! lol

• Advertisement

I wish OH would bring me home treats. Might have to get him in training!! lol

We can swop for a few days ha ha

Advertisement