Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Everybody is in the pub tonight!!! Usually I really wouldn't care but I dunno... For some reason I'd love to be able to let my hair down this weekend. All my friends are out. My hubby is out till prob 3am with his mates (he never goes out). My brothers are out! I don't even have anyone to phone coz they're all out! Blah!!!!
    So I'm lying in bed with my IPad.... BORED isn't the word! Might just go and peek In at my son... Just so I can remember why it's worth it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh dear Sligo1, that sucks! Hate it when you get left out.

I have been wearing pads for the last while in case of bleeds... and managed to put one on upside down this morning. Sticky Side Up. Wings and all. Only realised after a longish meeting at work, when I raced to the loo, bursting!....... and gave myself an accidental waxing in the process.

Feeling fairly stupid after that one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ha pwurple thats hilarious. Baby brain eh.

Ha pwurple thats hilarious. Baby brain eh.

pwurple wrote: »
    Oh dear Sligo1, that sucks! Hate it when you get left out.

I have been wearing pads for the last while in case of bleeds... and managed to put one on upside down this morning. Sticky Side Up. Wings and all. Only realised after a longish meeting at work, when I raced to the loo, bursting!....... and gave myself an accidental waxing in the process.

Feeling fairly stupid after that one. :(

Lol... Hilarious!

Pwurple... Do you think u'll be getting a bleed or something?? Must be worrying for you!

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Pwurple... Do you think u'll be getting a bleed or something?? Must be worrying for you!

I've been told it's slightly more likely with the placenta position being low, so am being a nervous ninny about it. So far so good though. :D

Pwurple id say thats horrible being constantly worried.
    My hips/pelvis is killing me. Awake all night clicking and this morning made a huge click when i turned. It brought tears to my eyes. And i couldnt get out of bed for ages.
    Got sorted and headed to work but coulndt sit comfortably. Even with a hot water bottle so came home and have a doc appointment at 11.30 im in bits with pain. .
    I feel like im going to break if i open my legs too far.

pwurple wrote: »
    I've been told it's slightly more likely with the placenta position being low, so am being a nervous ninny about it. So far so good though. :D

Ah gosh, that must be so worrying for you. I'd be a nervous wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Ah Suusee that's very bad, I know how you feel. I have the same problems.
    I got a belt from the physiotherapy and exercises for the pelvic floor muscles helps a little bit but still make it only half way through aldi :-(

Doc has sent a referral to physio and she mentioned that belt alright.
    Has certified me off work for at least a week so at least that is off my mind. Hoping to get a bit of rest now. Will have LO at home with me tomorrow but my sis gona take her for a bit on thurs and her nan gona take her fri so ill get some rest.
    Also had white cells in my urine so she has sent that off to the lab to be tested. Although ive no signs of a UTI (fingers crossed)

• Advertisement

Poor suucee. Hope you feeling a bit better. Wouldnt it be great if this pregnancy lark only lasted 6 months! 9 months is just way too long! Cats and dogs have the right idea I think!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Poor suucee. Hope you feeling a bit better. Wouldnt it be great if this pregnancy lark only lasted 6 months! 9 months is just way too long! Cats and dogs have the right idea I think!

But yet we find ourselves pregnant again after being through it all.
    Those hugs, smiles and kisees make it all worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Anyway else get weird pains in your legs and then one gives way ?! Like a trapped nerve ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

@ Suucee: I hope so :-) Its my first one and my pelvis is so bad I cant really do something and if I cant move or sleep.
    It very frustrating. We even had to organize a "babysitter" for me for January as OH is on business trip or a week so my Dad is coming to look after me and I know already he will drive me up the wall ;-)

LH2013 wrote: »
    Anyway else get weird pains in your legs and then one gives way ?! Like a trapped nerve ?!

I get that after sitting in the same position for a while. Up by the hip... when I stand up sometimes it feels like the hip isn't connected to my pelvis anymore.

I'm doing my pelvic floor exercises like a mad yoke the last while to try to prevent the hip pain later on. I could enter them in the olympics! :D

I'm dire for doing my pelvic floors! I think I'm gonna be one of those mom who wets themselves when they sneeze.... Actually think I did that a few weeks ago! I really need to do them... I'm just so lazy and find it impossible to do anything regularly...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

LH2013 wrote: »

I get that at night. If I lie on one side, the leg I'm lying on starts to ache, so I have to turn over after a while, and then the other one starts.

I had been sleeping with a pillow between my legs the last few weeks. Last night was the first night I didn't bother, and I had no problems.

Dunno if that's coincidence or not though.

OH finally got a feel of 2 kicks last night! I've been wrecking his head the last couple of weeks getting him to leave his hand on my belly for a while and he hasn't managed to feel anything til last night.

I'm delighted he's finally able to share it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

After needing 3 months of physio after the birth of my little girl, complete with needing to use a machine, I'm telling you pelvic floor exercises are much easier when pregnant ;) no fun after!

Baby is being a total nutter tonight which is nice had a bad bleed last night, spent all day in A&E because I'm 23weeks 5 days... At 24 weeks you get to go to labour ward no queuing! Unexplained bleed so all is fine placenta where it's supposed to be, so not too worried. Wrecked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Good to hear you got the all clear, cyning. Boo about the long wait in A&E.

Try rest up today!

I am glad all went ok and you got the all clear !!!

Had my check up with the doc today :) all seems good ! Thought slightly raised ketones .... I read online it could be start of GD .. I hope its not !!!

• Advertisement

Cannot sleep through kicks to my spine at all. Awake half the night.
    Was supposed to be at the GP this morning, but the customer asked me to change my appointment AGAIN (3rd time) at 8pm last night. She fecking hates that I am pregnant, constantly asks me to do things I'm not supposed to be doing (like going to into areas with chemicals and gases), so that I have to say i can't do that, and she does this HUGE sigh and makes a song and dance about it. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Lh2013, ketones can be a sign of diabetes but also dehydration/not eating enough. Especially if it's first urine of day: I have them alot and I don't have GD. If doc wasn't too worried you don't be either :)

Pwurple you must be fit to kill that one!

cyning wrote: »
    Lh2013, ketones can be a sign of diabetes but also dehydration/not eating enough. Especially if it's first urine of day: I have them alot and I don't have GD. If doc wasn't too worried you don't be either :)

Pwurple you must be fit to kill that one!

Yes was going to say the same thing about the ketones. Often they are there first thing in the morning as you haven't eaten in a while. Or perhaps in the afternoon if you've missed lunch or dinner or something. Hope all is ok :-).

And yes pwurple... I think id lose my cool with that one.....

Can't lose the cool with the person paying the bill. :) I'll just charge more. Mwahaha. (In my dreams).

Anyway, gp tomorrow.

Thanks guys !!!!! Ye are a great help :):)

So fed up. Off work past 2 weeks with spd. Have physio next week. Had to get tooth pulled today. (Pregnancy seriously messes with my teeth. 3rd time to dentist in past 5 months) .
    And have heart burn.
    Totally topped up on paracetamol and gaviscon but might aswell be skittles.
    Really just need sleep at this stage.

So had physio today. My pelvis was out on one side so she moved it a bit back in. Ouch. Its bloody sore since. I niw have a crutch (which im trying not to use ) and a support belt ordered .
    Have hospital ante natal appointment tomorrow. Dreading it. At least 2-3 hr wait to have bp and urine checked and 2 second chat with doctor. Honestly gp does more.

On the plus side. Went through all my daughters baby clothes for the neutral colours. OMG cant believe she was ever that small and that was only 19 months ago. Time really does fly. (Not fast enough during pregnancy)

Hows everyone else doing?

Oh jeez, a crutch Suucee! You poor thing. There's a girl at work on crutches alright for the SPD.

My friend dragged me out for a pregnancy massage a couple of days ago. I had never had one before, it was very nice indeed! Had the special pillow. Dug out my old maternity swimsuit and did some swimming as well the last few days, which is really pleasant, just for the weightlessness aspect!

Thinking of booking a private scan at the moment. My husband is completely oblivious to this pregnancy. Doesn't seem to have registered at all with him yet. Keeps 'forgetting' that we're expecting a baby and arranging odd things, like people staying with us around the due date, asking me will we take a foreign holiday in march, and other day to day strangeness. Like lighting the fire and pouring me a double whiskey. Nice thought and everything, but I'm not really drinking.

We missed the bit where we got the test result, because he was in hospital at the time and we were moving house, so it was all a bit hectic. And it's so abstract for guys, they aren't carrying it around all the time. I wasn't going to spend the money, but I'm hoping a decent scan where he can see the baby might help it sink in a small bit.... Before my hormones go nuts and I fly off the handle at him totally. I'll bring our little girl as well maybe.

Poor suucee. Can't believe you have to use a crutch now!

Pwurple... A pregnancy massage sounds amazing!

So I put on my maternity pants today from last year. They're a size 10 maternity black pant. Jaysus the state of me! They look like clown pants!!! They're so comfortable tho. They're above the bump ones which feels lovely but the arse is sooo saggy and they make me look about 2 stone heavier than I am. Or maybe that is actually how I look and I'm in denial! I've been wearing a couple of woolly dresses and tights up until now which are so much more flattering....

I wouldnt mind if i was 8 months gone but im only 25 weeks! Feeling like a beached whale.... Maybe this is one for the moan thread....

• Advertisement

Sligo i'm the opposite, think with tights/ leggings and dresses I look bigger than in jeans and a top.
    Pwurple that's mad about your OH. at this rate he'll be holding baba before it sinks in. At least with scan you will also be able to find out gender too.
    I surprisingly had a scan today. Wee man was fast asleep.
    There was no getting around with out the crutch today. I was in bits all day and sitting in the hosp for 2 and half hours didn't help.
    Had a chat with doctor about labour and birth considering the state of me at the mo. (Im hoping that the spd will ease but it is gradually getting worse)
    Doc said it may be a possibility of inducing me early if im very sore or even schedule a section rather than natural birth.
    Did not want to hear either of those. Had a fine birth with my daughter.
    Hoping the physio helps with the spd and that it eases.

Advertisement