Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hehe, sligo1, check if there are any buttons or elastic to tighten inside on the seams. I was about a week walking around in clown maternity pants before I realised I had never adjusted them back from being 42 weeks pregnant, to the starting position!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I much prefer jeans and top to dresses right now: but I'm finding it hard being bigger this time. I don't think I'm going to avoid stretch marks now and I'm bloody terrified of GD!

Morning sickness (ha!! All day sickness) starting to pass now so happy :D major mustard cravings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    Hehe, sligo1, check if there are any buttons or elastic to tighten inside on the seams. I was about a week walking around in clown maternity pants before I realised I had never adjusted them back from being 42 weeks pregnant, to the starting position!

Lol, read ur post literally ran to check my pants for zips, buttons or seams. Lol. No such luck! All I need now is a stick on red nose. I wore them again today tho. Feck it. They feel just like comfy track suit bottoms. :)

For those of ye that have had babies recently are ye going to do antenatal classes again? It prob not a bad idea to go again but to be honest I wasn't going to... I did them only late last year...

What's your opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Sligo1 wrote: »
    For those of ye that have had babies recently are ye going to do antenatal classes again? It prob not a bad idea to go again but to be honest I wasn't going to... I did them only late last year...

What's your opinions?

Nah I don't think so. I had my daughter in April 2012. I don't think there is much point really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Finding out the sex of the baby tonight :D so excited !!!!!!! Have caught the others half man flu .... Smothered !!! Chemist will only give me panadol and manuka lozenges bleugh !!!!!!!!!!

What's your opinions?
    This is my first time doing them and will be my last ... I am not finding them great tbh !!!!

Did mine in 2012 too so no I'm not doing them again. The best thing about them was the tour of the labour ward: and don't get me started on how they were basically a breastfeeding propaganda full of crap class (and that's from someone who had every intention of breastfeeding, and I did until she was 15 months and I was 16 weeks pregnant). They sucked.

You must be so excited about tonight lh2013 :D

cyning wrote: »
    Did mine in 2012 too so no I'm not doing them again. The best thing about them was the tour of the labour ward: and don't get me started on how they were basically a breastfeeding propaganda full of crap class (and that's from someone who had every intention of breastfeeding, and I did until she was 15 months and I was 16 weeks pregnant). They sucked.

You must be so excited about tonight lh2013 :D

Ya two hour talk on breastfeeding .. Which I am going to do anyway but if you were in two minds I dont think the class would have helped !!

So excited half 5 is sooooo far away !!!!!

LH2013 wrote: »
    Finding out the sex of the baby tonight :D so excited !!!!!!! Have caught the others half man flu .... Smothered !!! Chemist will only give me panadol and manuka lozenges bleugh !!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck finding out the sex! Very excited for you!

Thanks guys I don't think I'm gonna do them again either. Wasn't planning on doing them anyway but everyone said they were going to do them again that probably would've swayed me to do them :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Woohoo!! Exciting LH2013!

I'm a first-timer so have just signed up for one day antenatal class with the MLU in Drogheda.

Had another hospital check-up yesterday and all going great. They're very happy with how I'm getting on so that's a major relief.

Has anyone any opinion on Pregnancy Yoga classes? I have an option to join one but am unsure if they're really any benefit for the cost involved.

Best of luck LH. So exciting.

Sooooooooooo

Its

A

BOY !!!!!!

Im totally shocked !!!! :D

OMG! Little boys are sooo awesome!!! And they love their mommies so much!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oooh, that helps with the names LH2012. :)

I won't be doing the classes either. Breastfeeding down your neck is right, and I had every intention of doing it. Too pushy by far. I've been onto the lactatation consultant a few times this pregnancy to try to sort out my boobs (infected and cracked since v early) and it seems to be finally clearing up. Hurray!

I got my flu jab on monday too, so that's out of the way. Really handy they do those at work. Saved me a trip and the cost.

Been really low energy for the last week or so, wondering if it's because i ran out of vit tablets, or if it's just the start of the next stage of pregnancy. I was fine really until about 36 weeks on pregnancy 1 one. I guess I'm three years older... Meh. Must get the vitamins.

Oh LH congrats.
    Sligo I'm hoping your right about boys and there mammies. I have such a daddies girl at the moment. Honestly daddy is her hero. Unless she is sick or hungry.

So how many of us know. I wonder will March be a boys or girls month.

Suucee - Boy
    LH2012 - Boy
    Sligo1 - Girl

Suucee wrote: »
    Oh LH congrats.
    Sligo I'm hoping your right about boys and there mammies. I have such a daddies girl at the moment. Honestly daddy is her hero. Unless she is sick or hungry.

So how many of us know. I wonder will March be a boys or girls month.

Suucee - Boy
    LH2012 - Boy
    Sligo1 - Girl

Ah they do love their mams. Having said that tho when dad comes in after work he's all about daddy! Prob coz he's sick of seeing my ugly mug all day! Lol. But if he's hurt or tired its me he wants. And he always comes to me for cuddles :). Daddy for laughs and mommy for cuddles.

I have heard boys can be a lot more demanding than girls. And that girls can be quite independent in comparison... That's just from the mams that I've chatted with who have both :).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Im in the boys club too:D Boys are cuddlier for sure, Ive a 14yr old and hes still a wee snuggle bunny...

Oh i've heard that also and my madam is definitely independent . Its great at the moment though as she wants to do everything herself . She loves her cuddles from daddy too though. I think with me being at home more now she is mad about her daddy when he comes home from work. But every Monday morning after him being off all weekend she roars crying when he goes to work.
    Funniest thing though is im not aloud kiss him good bye, She pushes me away. Oh she's a lil madam.
    Well come next march we'll have one of each and know for ourselves

Suucee - Boy
    LH2012 - Boy
    Moominn - Boy
    Sligo1 - Girl

• Advertisement

I have another girl on the way :) sisters: I don't have any sister so it's extra special and OH is an only child :)

My little girl is fiercely independent in some ways but very clingy in others: she walked at 10 months and does stuff I don't or couldn't dream of! But she's a mammys girl through and through at night I'm dreading leaving her to have this babs in hospital: particularly if like last time I'm induced for 3 days and then 3 days before going home!

Pwurple that's great that your boobs are clearing up: I hope it works out for you this time, if you want :)

No flu jab for me or whooping cough vaccine either: it makes me quite nervous but I know I can't take the risk of making thyroid any more nuts than it is. No iron either I'm eating spinach etc like there's no tomorrow!!

Suucee wrote: »
    Funniest thing though is im not aloud kiss him good bye, She pushes me away.

lol... That's hilarious! Soo cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

congratulations LH :-) Will see if I`ll find out on Monday. Next appointment coming up but I am not too sure if I will have a scan as they told me its up to the Doc. And even if in the hospital policy they said they wont tell he gender, dont know why. On the other side, I like little surprises :-)
    And as OH is telling me all the time it have to be a girl as I have too many hormones for one women. I have to admit I am getting better and better with the flying of the handle thing :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Ah, that's fab LH! A little boy!

Looks like it's shaping up to be a boy month so far.

I'll still gonna hang on til the day to find out.

Down to double figures 99 days left :):):)

Pregnancy Insomnia coupled with christmas after party in the hotel room next door = very cranky LH !!!!

Anyone else here feeling like an emotional trainwreck lately? I've been fine the last month or 2... Bar being a bit argumentative...

But started feeling a little emotional yesterday.. And today, well the tears are after coming out in buckets! Was just reading the paper there. 2 different stories about 2 different kids (you may have heard the one about baby Liam). And OMG, I just can't stop crying! Hubby's out and I'm at mums trying to hide the tears...

Can't stop thinking about those poor little kids and babies out there that are born sick or in need. Sorry if I'm now depressing you guys but have any of ye been feeling this way? Now I'm getting worried about my own baby or if anything happens to my 1 year old. O god.... I'm an awful mess... Husband has told me not to read these stories in the paper, but then I see them and can't help but read them and then I just so upset :(.

Anyone else here feeling like an emotional trainwreck lately? I've been fine the last month or 2... Bar being a bit argumentative...

But started feeling a little emotional yesterday.. And today, well the tears are after coming out in buckets! Was just reading the paper there. 2 different stories about 2 different kids (you may have heard the one about baby Liam). And OMG, I just can't stop crying! Hubby's out and I'm at mums trying to hide the tears...

Can't stop thinking about those poor little kids and babies out there that are born sick or in need. Sorry if I'm now depressing you guys but have any of ye been feeling this way? Now I'm getting worried about my own baby or if anything happens to my 1 year old. O god.... I'm an awful mess... Husband has told me not to read these stories in the paper, but then I see them and can't help but read them and then I just so upset :(.

I am the exact same way at the moment ! Gone from a fairly rational person to a hormonal train wreck :(

LH2013 wrote: »
    I am the exact same way at the moment ! Gone from a fairly rational person to a hormonal train wreck :(

I just can't stop crying! Lol... I'm an awful dope...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I left OH to the airport for a work trip away on Thur. Not something that he ever has to do usually so not at all used to it! I cried buckets and the whole way home too!! My Best friend even offered to move in while he was away as I was so upset for the whole day. Total disaster :)

Advertisement