Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yea im fairly emotional too. Was in the docs the other day and had my daughter with me as she had an appointment too. Doc said im very stressed and need to rest more. Said its no good for me my daughter or baba. I started to cry with the guilt of it . I decided to send her to my sis on tues to get a rest and cried cus i felt bad. OH dropped her after his lunch at 2 abd collected her at 6.
    Then mil took her for a sleep over wens night. I left her out at 6 and collected her at 1 thurs and again had an aul cry wens night.
    Feeling so bad for her that i cant do my usual things like picking her up for a cuddle or run after her playing .

Jeez my eyes are watering now again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hormone surge here too, defo. No crying, but really REALLY angry. At ridiculous things. Like rain, or everything everyone has said. Really had to bite my tongue all day long.

I'd love a good run now, but can't anymore. DAMMIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I kinda wish I was feeling angry at the moment Pwurple! It would give me something to focus my attention on! But you know when you just feel really really sad... It's really hard for something to make you feel better. Really awful feeling.

But the rest of ye seem to have rational reasons for feeling a bit weepy or emotional... This is the thing... I don't! But I'm weepy anyway! From reading a news article! Jeez.... I've got "the sadness".

Still angry. At nothing. Just a seething rage. There is nothing at all wrong, or to be angry with.

The amount of weepy christmas films on sligo! You'll be in bits. I put on the snowman for my daughter yesterday. I'm always gutted when he melts at the end, but nada this year.

Oh, and I think it traumatised her... She freaked out when they went flying, roared crying that the little boy wanted to stay with his mammy and daddy, and the snowman was stealing him??? And now is terrified of the snowman christmas decorations.

Lol... The poor wee pet. She'll feel better when santy comes.

I got the rage thing on my last pregnancy with my boy. Seriously, I was absolutely psycho and took it all out on my OH for months! It's funny coz another friend of mine has said the same... She is pregnant with a boy this time aswell! She was fine with her girl. And I'm not really angry this time round with my girl.

Maybe you're having a boy Pwurple! Lol

• Advertisement

Hehe, maybe! Should know next week maybe. One of my brothers got us a snazzy 3d scan as a christmas pressie. Booked it for saturday.

pwurple wrote: »
    Hehe, maybe! Should know next week maybe. One of my brothers got us a snazzy 3d scan as a christmas pressie. Booked it for saturday.

Awh thats such a nice pressie.
    I dont think im that angry . A shorter fuse than normal but not too bad. Maybe thats one for the OH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

We're off for our 3d scan tonight, can't wait. The GF is convinced it's a girl, I'd love her to get a shock!! I have a daughter from a previous relationship so I'd like one of each :)

In saying that though, I'd love for my daughter to have a little sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Anyone else crazy tired?? I actually can bot function !! Think I might need to take tomorrow off :( I hate feeling tired !

I'm feeling pretty tired... But I've a cold so that's probably contributing. And I haven't really left the house. I also find when I'm In the house all day I feel more tired than if I get out and do something.

LO did a mawhosive poo an hour ago! Went everywhere!!! Through his pjs and on the floor. OH not home so I had to carry him upstairs and run his bath get everything ready whilst carrying him.... This baby is 28lbs weight! Otherwise he wuda crawled everywhere and left a trail of poo EVERYWHERE! I'm wrecked now and me back is broke! Counting down the clock till he goes to bed and I can soak in a nice hot bath (not too hot)... I'm a terrible mother to be counting down the minutes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Enjoy Vinz... I love scans :)

Sligo I had my little girl running around nappiless last week she is teething and was on antibiotic so they were icky and she had nappy rash. She walked over to me saying tata and plonked a lovely big poo in my hand: she had pooed in her hand. My husband was sitting beside me and was nearly falling off the chair he was laughing so much and I got to go clean her up and me so even if there is someone there sometimes it doesn't matter ;) he was still laughing nearly two hours later!

I'm exhausted exhausted. Hubby left house at 5 this morn still isn't home, C was up all night crying and moaning because she has a god awful cold. When she does sleep I'm awake. Have GTT in morning too so have to fast from 9 tonight.

Cyning... I'm so sorry but I'm in stitches here!!!! Lol. That's one Of the funniest things I've heard!!!! Sitting on the couch here laughing to myself! Mind u... I'd be crying if it were me! Lol.

Try not to worry too much about the GTT tomorrow. I had to have one last time just coz my urine showed a bit if glucose (I had eaten a rake of chocolates before hand!). But still had to have it done. But I didn't have GD after all.

If you've not put on a load of weight and are keeping a good diet and have no history of it ur chances of passing are really good! Please god all will be ok. Goodluck!

Ha cyning thats gas. I was laughing that much OH asked what i was laughing at so told him and we both had a giggle.
    Im wrecked also but i dont sleep great so thats why. My sis taking A for the aftwrnoon again tomorrow so should get a nice rest. God have heartburn so much lately. Had it with A also but was worse last time so i know i shouldnt be complaining.
    Best of luck with the scan.
    Also best of luck with your test cyning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Another daughter :)

Another daughter :)

Ah that's brilliant!!! Congratulations to you and your GF!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats :)

I don't know why I'm freaking out so much. I didn't have GD last time, so hopefully won't this time. It's just I already have one auto immune disease (thyroid) and I'm genuinely terrified of diabetes because between my dad and uncle you name the complication in diabetes they've had it! So to make myself feel better I ate cheesecake.... That'll help right?!!

Glad ye all got a laugh out of my poo story :D only that himself was sitting beside me I don't think I'd have believed it was happening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Had a scan yesterday and everything is fine :-) And it looks like its a boy but she wasn`t sure and was so sure it is a girl. Doesnt matter anyway main thing is baby is healthy

Siipina wrote: »
    Had a scan yesterday and everything is fine :-) And it looks like its a boy but she wasn`t sure and was so sure it is a girl. Doesnt matter anyway main thing is baby is healthy
    I was soooo sure that we were having a girl as well as only have weight on the bump etc !!!!

Anyone struggling to eat healthy ? I was doing really well but in the last week all I want is junk and I am starving ALL the time :(

Anyone struggling to eat healthy ? I was doing really well but in the last week all I want is junk and I am starving ALL the time :([/QUOTE]

Have the same problem, especially everything sweet. Cookies and ice cream. I could die for the tiramisu ice cream from lidl and I already put a good bit of weight on :mad::mad: And without exercise it will not get less :(

Have the same problem, especially everything sweet. Cookies and ice cream. I could die for the tiramisu ice cream from lidl and I already put a good bit of weight on :mad::mad: And without exercise it will not get less :([/QUOTE]

Its annoying isnt it !!!! I even got the OH to stock fridge with healthy stuff !!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've been starving, absolutely tummy-rumbling would-eat-roadkill starving hungry for a lot of this pregnancy for some reason. I'm already at the weight I was giving birth on my daughter, and there's a few months to go yet. It's going to be a pain to shift it afterwards. It isn't the junk so much as the qty and frequency for me. I'm not eating badly, just LOADS of food.

Everything just tastes so delicious. Oh well. Might as well enjoy it.

Another month of jogging for me next year.

Woohoo so happy , was a bit worried about my payment from the ill benefit from last week as I still didn`t get the "payslip" in the post. And they sent me this letter that the next medical cert is due end of December. I never claimed anything so I dont have a clue about those things, so thought better call and ask them maybe I was supposed to send them another form or the doctor. First the woman on the phone was so nice and friendly and then she told me as I cant walk they put me on the monthly cert, so I only have to go to the doc one a month :-) and the payments are on my Bankaccount tomorrow :-) I know it sounds like nothing but in Germany they treat you as its their personal money you want and like you are only to lazy to work and they dont know what the word friendly means. So I have to say the girl made my day :-) Oh and OH is leaving work early and is bringing me to the shopping center :-) Never thought that this little things can make me so happy.

So just to update the gender list.

Pwurple - girl due 10th
    Cyning - -Girl due 14th
    Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Sligo1 - Girl due 17th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    LH2012 - Boy due 21st
    Firsttimemammy - has more patience than the rest of us (waiting until D day) due 25th
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th
    Vinz Mesrine - Girl due 30th

If ive forgotten anyone or made a mistake feel free to update

Thanks suucee i am due on the 26. :-)

Siipina wrote: »
    Thanks suucee i am due on the 26. :-)

oops, fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My wife is due early March, anyone got any ideas for xmas present? She said she likes Pacapod bags and was planning on getting one but I think a changing bag isn't a great Christmas present although I will be getting her other stuff? I was also thinking of one of those big long body pillows. Where can you even get them in Dublin? Last year I got her a voucher for massages which she is only using now for pregnancy massages so can't go for that option?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

lol Suucee at my note!! Patience isn't normally one of my virtues!!!

Hi youcancallmeal, I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't want anything pregnancy related for Christmas. Would definitely prefer something more individual to me.

If you wanted to get her one of those long body pillows, do, but maybe as a 'pregnancy present', rather than a Christmas one.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Hi all! Just finding this thread. Nice to read all your commentary. I'm due the 17th of March....it's a girl!! Everything is going easy enough now except for the fatigue... so tired all the time. Had my GTT test on thurs... Dad had diabetes so I'm a little nervous about the outcome. fingers crossed. Like many others here I have a major sweet tooth. cakes and cookies..chocolate oh my!! :-)

Congrats stick girl and welcome. Another paddys day baby. You have evened up the genders now. Hope your test comes back ok.

• Advertisement

Congratulations stick girl! We're both due baby girls on Paddy's Day :)

Advertisement