Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Thanks so much Suucee & Sligo1! Would be wonderful if our girls actually came on that day :-) This is my first...so excited but quite nervous too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Haha... I'm hoping mine comes a few days early so I can have an auld drink! Lol jokes

For sure! Joked with my partner about that too. Sure back in the day didn't they hand out glasses of Guinness to women in recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Congrats stick girl & welcome to the thread! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It's a little girl here too. :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations Pwurple!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

congratulations pwurple :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Awh congrats pwurple .

Girls in the lead now.

Thanks Firsttimemammy. Congrats to you Pwurple.... and to all the other women here!

Those 3d scans are really amazing, I still can't get over it. I had a really detailed scan at 20 weeks with our first daughter, but it was nothing like this. I guess at 28 weeks everything is just more recognisable.

You know the way on the hospital scan they say "this is the heart" and you see a little flicker on the screen.... 3D scan was "this is the heart" and you see an actual heart shaped object pulsing, and then go inside it and you see the four individual chambers of the heart each filling and unfilling! Same for stomach, bladder, looked at the pelvic bones, all the bits of the spine, checked for cleft palate. I was astonished we could see so much. And any scan is so reassuring anyway. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Happy Christmas to all of you. I hope you all have a few nice and relaxing days.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A big hi to all the lovely ladies out there....I've been following ur posts since sometime now. I've been quite stressed with this pregnancy as 1st one didn't last beyond 9 wks earlier this yr. In my 27th wk now due 30 march. Also got NT scan done as wanted to be doubly safe. Had a bit of ups & downs along with an emergency hosp visit due to bleeding. Fortunately all's well with the babs so far. It's amazing to feel the kicks, although I've had most of 'em at my bladder which gives me a jump. Prenatal yoga & reflexology has helped calm me down. Have booked preg massage in a couple of wks to soothe aches & pains. Quite undecided abt the 3d scan

Third trimester sickness again. Boo. :( Thought it might be a funny tummy, but it's a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Same as that here pwurple! It's a pain in the neck right in time for Christmas. At least this time I got a reprieve compared to last time :) on the other side I weighed myself and I weigh what I did going into labour: something tells me I won't be fitting into my pre pregnancy clothes within a week of giving birth this time!!

Hope everyone had a fab Christmas :) can't believe I'll have two for santy next year...

Oh i feel for u both. My spd is really starting to ease now. I can actually get down on the floor and play with my 1 yr old. The belt and physio really helping me.
    On the other hand my toothbis driving me up tge wall again. The same 1 i had to get filled twice already.
    Coincidently im due to be gettin my teeth cleaned in the morning so going to call them first thing and hopefully get it out instead.
    Last night it got that bad i had an ear ache and head ache aswell. Ended up going to bed with a hot water bottle on my face.
    Ill have no teeth left if i have more kids.
    Feeling bad having to take parcetamol so much this pregnancy. Last time i didnt take anything nearly the whole pregnancy but this time between spd and tooth aches ive had to take it a fair bit.

Ouch on the teeth suucee! Pregnancy is such a wonderful time. :) My MIL lost all her teeth to pregnancies as well.

Did the physio give you excercises to do? My spd isn't bad enough to clog up the system with I think, but any tips would be great! All i'm doing is pelvic floor.

I just checked weight. Down 1kg in a week... Not good, but I had put on a lot at the start, so hopefully i've reserves built up for baby.

pwurple wrote: »
    Ouch on the teeth suucee! Pregnancy is such a wonderful time. :) My MIL lost all her teeth to pregnancies as well.

Did the physio give you excercises to do? My spd isn't bad enough to clog up the system with I think, but any tips would be great! All i'm doing is pelvic floor.

I just checked weight. Down 1kg in a week... Not good, but I had put on a lot at the start, so hopefully i've reserves built up for baby.

Sitting in the dentists now.
    No exercises just pelvic floor. My pelvis is all out of so she gets me to lie on the bed and pushes it back in to place a bit.
    The serola belt is great for keeping me together so i cant over do it.

Pwurple and cyning I hope ye are ok. Would hate to be vomiting at 28 weeks! Suucee you poor thing. I often dream about my teeth falling out and wake up in a cold sweat! It's mad! It's mad what pregnancy can do to ones body.

This thread been so quiet lately. I hope ye all had a lovely Christmas. Imagine, we're on the home front now! 3rd trimester ladies!!!

newmam wrote: »
    A big hi to all the lovely ladies out there....I've been following ur posts since sometime now. I've been quite stressed with this pregnancy as 1st one didn't last beyond 9 wks earlier this yr. In my 27th wk now due 30 march. Also got NT scan done as wanted to be doubly safe. Had a bit of ups & downs along with an emergency hosp visit due to bleeding. Fortunately all's well with the babs so far. It's amazing to feel the kicks, although I've had most of 'em at my bladder which gives me a jump. Prenatal yoga & reflexology has helped calm me down. Have booked preg massage in a couple of wks to soothe aches & pains. Quite undecided abt the 3d scan

Hi Newmam, Congratulations! It must be very scary to have that bleeding so early on. Hopefully all will be well now and you can be looking forward to a whole new life ahead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

All I have eaten in the last week is choc , crisps and ice cream :0 not a veg in sight :( need to cop on big time !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Oh LH im just the same, i feel so fat and its nothing to do with baba. Wish someone would eat all the rubbish so its out of my way...:pac:

I havent been too bad. Picking at a few bits but not too bad i think with havibg a 1 year old around you still need to eat pretty well which helps . Ive no idea what weight i am but one thing i have noticed is i had q few wintery bits i wore when preg with my daughter. She was born the end of april and the coat i wore during that winter is still too bigbon me now. So im smaller now at 6 months than i was with her at 5 months.

I slept 10 hours last night. Didnt even wake for a loo break. First time i have slept the whole night in months.

Going hospital bag and baby shopping tomorrow: landed myself in hosp with a slight bleed/possible show and cramps and pressure last night at a grand total of 29 weeks so need to put a bit of a move under myself. Although I still think there was slight over reacting going on, with my dodgy thyroid can't be too careful I guess? And on last pregnancy i spent whole time worrying about going early and was induced at 39+2 so no point in panicking!

Also going shopping for nice stuff for me yay... With thanks to my mil :) and barney DVDs. Netflix is removing barney on 5Jan and my 1 year old adores him. And when I need a rest it's my saving grace. I'm very sad :( plus she will cry. I'd hate to have her upset. Total softie!

Started my hospital bag shopping on Saturday ..... You need alot lol

Must start washing all his little clothes soon ... totally not organised ;)

In work and my back is killing me from my chair ..... My manager gave me a foot rest though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

My January task is to sort my hospital bag out too. Have had a look for button up pyjamas already but not finding much. Most shops seem to only stock long t-shirts with bottoms or just nighties!

I wouldn't worry too much about button up: dark pyjamas though are a must: vest top if you want to feed hospitals are generally roasting and getting latch right in first few days is really hard: much easier with a vest top. Layers basically. Dark layers!

I can't bring myself to buy anything pink so it's just hospital bag stuff in neutrals I'm getting. And got some lovely maternity come nursing clothes in mothercare on sale. Forgot how small baby nappies are!

cyning wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about button up: dark pyjamas though are a must: vest top if you want to feed hospitals are generally roasting and getting latch right in first few days is really hard: much easier with a vest top. Layers basically. Dark layers!

I can't bring myself to buy anything pink so it's just hospital bag stuff in neutrals I'm getting. And got some lovely maternity come nursing clothes in mothercare on sale. Forgot how small baby nappies are!

The advice I got was dark clothes as well lol I couldnt find nice comfy PJ bottoms anywhere might try on line !

Must get a few nursing tops while they are on sale !!

Yea the nappies are tiny. I bought some a few weeks ago and slowly stocking up abd couldnt believe the size.
    I have pjs and nighties from when i had my daughter only used them in the hospital so going to route them out and see if i will get away with using them. Also still have loads of maternity pads from last time too.
    Think the main things i need are new slippers and surgical spirits but once xmas is outbof the way ill have a look and start sorting.
    We also realised will need to pack a bag for my daughter as she will be staying her nannys when the time comes.

• Advertisement

Surgical spirits? What are they for?

If anyone's looking for them Homestore and more have the anti burst gym balls for €6.99. My new mantra is I am not being induced, I am not being induced! So come 37 weeks I will be bouncing bouncing bouncing and every old wives tale in the book :)

I got most of the stuff I need today need more maternity pads alright, witch hazel and another nightdress I dumped one last time. And nursing bras but too soon for them really I'm already up to a d cup.

Advertisement