Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Thanks guys ! Still waiting on update from the docs - Had to go back to work :(

Baby is going mad twirling and twisting ;) Some of them are quite sharp :eek:

I am soo ready to meet him now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

So had hosp app today. All good. Had a nice scan. Head is down so what i feeling down low is his little fists.

Re the surgical spirits. Ive been told i need it anyway.

My lil mouth blister thing just burst again. Que another episode of me rinsing my mouth trying to stop it. Fair amount of blood this time. Started making me wretch and everything.
    Sick ofvhavibg problems with my teeth and mouth. The next 10 weeks better fly by..

For jaysus sake. Just dosed off when nearly started to choke on blood. Seriously fed up of this. Rinsed with salt water this time which made me wretch but stopped the bleeding quicker.

Now back in bed and baba practicing his football skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh Succee id freak you poor poor thing. Hope it's gone when you wake up. I was given orabase for mouth ulcers last pregnancy it's like a paste I wonder would that help you? You can use it on babas who constantly fall and cut their liptie too lol it stops the bleeding in C anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Suucee wrote: »
    For jaysus sake. Just dosed off when nearly started to choke on blood. Seriously fed up of this. Rinsed with salt water this time which made me wretch but stopped the bleeding quicker.

Now back in bed and baba practicing his football skills.

Trip to the dentist? Hope it's not an abscess or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Sounds like it may possibly be a pyogenic granuloma, which are apparently quite common in pregnancy - obviously only your doctor/dentist could confirm that though. Sounds horrible, you poor thing. :(

I had it with my daughter too sounds like what catastrophe said. Dentist last time said it would go once baba born which it did.
    Its not sore just annoying when it bleeds. Im sick to death of the bloody dentist at this stage. Nearly seeing him as much as the doctor but due to get my teeth cleaned anyway as when i had my appointnent for the cleaning last week had to change it to gettin extraction.

Is it any better this morning?

cyning wrote: »
    Is it any better this morning?

No bleeding but still there. Its due to hormones was what i was told last time.
    Ugh so annoying. Spd calms down and bang hormones find another way to bother me.

Oh pregnancy fun ;) Its never ever ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

it seems like my spd loves the storms, it wasn`t too bad for a few days and with the storm came the pain back. Was the same with the last ones. Does anybody noticed the same?

I've just had pretty much all a crown and prep work fall out of my mouth. But the root is still in my jaw I think dentist next week I'd say :(

Ah cyning your joining me in the dentists chair.
    Hope its not too sore. I thought i was getting away today but no. Sitting down eating my tea (soup and lovely crunchy roll) managed to burst it again. As it doesnt hurst i didnt realise until i coped blood on the spoon. So ran to the kitchen
    Sink. 20 month old left in dining room on her own with a bowl of soup and OH arrives home from work.
    I had the door locked so he was ringing the door bell and knocking. Had to run to the door unlock it and quickly back to the sink (when it bursts there is ALOT of blood)
    Luckily my daughter had continued to sit and eat while this was going on. So lucky she didnt make a huge mess in the process.

Have a funeral tomorrow so will be away for the day. Hoping it doesnt happen sonewhere very inconvienent. My sister told me to swallow it but there is seriously way too much blood. Ugh gag at thr thought of it.

Back is also bit sore this evening. LO is a little unwell again so was clingy and wanting to be held and cuddled alot.

I've had root canal on that tooth so no pain thank god it just feels really weird. Could do without it now I'm not great with dentist at best of times let alone when I'm puking I'm going to puke on my dentist and then have to find a new one I'll be too embarrassed to walk through the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

So many teeth problems. Dental care should really be on the maternity list of things covered too. I'll stick it on my list of stuff to pester TD's about. I know loads of older women who lost every one of their teeth to pregnancies. Govt will only be paying for our dentures when we get old if they don't help our teeth during pregnancy. Besides, what else is the PRSI for? Not maternity benefit anyway it looks like.

Got the MB10 form stamped at work today, which was like a red rag to a bull. Winds me up that anyone paying PRSI takes a cut, while those who don't pay PRSI got an increase. How is that right or fair? Grr.

LH, how's your dad doing? Hope he's improving.

Thanks guys he is home ... Looking like a mini stroke ....... He is all tucked up in bed like a little child , feel sorry for him now :(

Can not sleep .... Pain in my ribs .... Think this baby must be lying in the them :eek: Anyone have any tips how to get comfy .. Dont think I can sleep sitting up !!!

Thought i was going to send myself in to preterm labour.
    Decided to go for a walk with my 20 month old . Nearly home when it started to absolutely spill rain. Was only a short walk so LO was walking . Not in buggy.
    No where for shelter and it was pelting down. Had to pic her up and try run home. Just as i got home it stops as quick as it started. The bloody pain i got low down as i bent down to put her down.
    Chilling on the couch now. What a sight we must of been me with me nice bump and her across me back in a kind of piggy back position.

LH2013 wrote: »
    Thanks guys he is home ... Looking like a mini stroke ....... He is all tucked up in bed like a little child , feel sorry for him now :(

Can not sleep .... Pain in my ribs .... Think this baby must be lying in the them :eek: Anyone have any tips how to get comfy .. Dont think I can sleep sitting up !!!

Glad your dad is home. Poor thing.

Have you got a bouncy ball? Maybe a bit of bouncing might encourage baby to wiggle to a better position. That or a fizzy drink to send them into a spin!

Was down in the in-laws house yesterday, came back from throwing up dinner, and changing boob pads, (I've infected and bleeding nipple again). Went to lie down like a beached whale on the couch. Hips in agony after bringing the small lady to the playground earlier. MIL comes in to tell me I should go on and have another few babies, as my pregnancies seem really easy compared to hers.

I must be saving all my complaining for here instead of moaning to the people around me!

Thank you !! He finally moved out f my ribs ! Just spent 3 hours in a&e my doc sent me as a precaution !!! All good though .. Just battered from needles ! I have had more complaints in the last two weeks than the I have had in the entire pregnancy !!!

Oh pwurple flipping ouch :( I swear to god I'd be in tears I can't bear them even being touched and C still likes to stick her hands down my top when she's upset.

LH hope your ok now :) I used find ice packs great for helping with soreness from needles...

I think I forgot to eat lunch. Can't remember. That's baby brain for you

• Advertisement

Jeez LH you are having a tough time. Glad your dad out and your home from hosp. But why a&e. I thought we were to go to ante natal ward .

Pwurple ouch. Sounds very sore.

Im just home from getting my remaining bits fo my hospital bag. Have mine packed as there was no point in putting it all away just need to pack babas stuff.

But just as i got home and was taking all the bags out of the boot in the rain i managed to catch the pennys bag on the buggy and rip it. All the stuff falls out on the ground in the rain.
    So all in the machine now.
    Ugh i suppose i cant moan too much though in comparison.

Jeez LH you are having a tough time. Glad your dad out and your home from hosp. But why a&e. I thought we were to go to ante natal ward .

Pwurple ouch. Sounds very sore.

Im just home from getting my remaining bits fo my hospital bag. Have mine packed as there was no point in putting it all away just need to pack babas stuff.

But just as i got home and was taking all the bags out of the boot in the rain i managed to catch the pennys bag on the buggy and rip it. All the stuff falls out on the ground in the rain.

He didn't think it was pregnancy related and the maternity in Limerick would have just sent me across to the main hospital anyway !!! Tucked up in bed now :) Trying to decide on a birth plan :0

That happened me JUST before christmas, with a stupid paper bag that melted in the rain. And it was full of footballs, which went off in various directions. Exploding bags are a PAIN!
    LH2013 wrote: »
    Trying to decide on a birth plan :0
    My birth plan is a little light... all it says is "No F-ing Pethidine".

pwurple wrote: »
    That happened me JUST before christmas, with a stupid paper bag that melted in the rain. And it was full of footballs, which went off in various directions. Exploding bags are a PAIN!

My birth plan is a little light... all it says is "No F-ing Pethidine".

Ha ha ya I was thinking that and I am totally not sure about epidural BUT I do not want to be an eejit in pain when I could get drugs !!

My birth plan for this time involves not going into my 39 week appt having to argue for an induction that should have been put in place 3 weeks before except for a lack of doctors. And the paediatrician actually being there like he was supposed to be (although thankfully not needed!). And no pethedine!!

I have a tens machine and ball ready and waiting this time too. I would love to avoid being induced if at all possible I'd love just to go into labour myself. I had the epidural last time went from 2-10cm while they were putting it in... Might not need it if I don't need to be induced. I didn't need drip or ARM but did have 5 rounds of prostin gel which is probably not ideal.

Aagh my birth plan is to just get baby out!!

[quote="cyning;88333791"

Aagh my birth plan is to just get baby out!![/quote]

Same as that. Ill just go with the flow. Last time i needed to be put on the drip as waters had gone but no contractions for over 24 hrs. Managed to get to 6cm on my own but couldnt stand it then.
    They then had to turn it down as i couldnt feel the contractions and it was time to push.
    Hoping its as easy this time.

My post from yesterday was deleted due to the boards maintenance :(.

LH good your dad back home. I hope he's ok.

I don't have a birth plan at all.... Except that I don't want oxytocin. They tried give it to me last time and I refused. Sure I went in in active labour after my waters broke and dilated to 10cm in 4 hours so I dunno why they were trying to get me to take it! Stupid policies really don't take the individual patient into account at all. Of course I'll take it if I really really need it tho....

Got the ball... Will be bouncing up and down and all that.

Haven't thought about pain relief... If I'm in a lot of pain I'll take whatever's going.... Didnt need anything till I was 5cm last time rolling around in agony... Then cue epidural and I was sitting up brushing my hair in the bed :). Would prefer not to take any pethidine tho.

Reason I don't really have a birth plan is coz I'm really unorganised... And never plan anything. Hence me still packing my bag with big contractions and a bath towel plugged down pants last year! Main thing for me would be no oxytocin if I can help it. Hopefully now I'll go naturally! Bet I've jinxed myself!

On another note.... Started getting excited today....! Can't wait to see my baby!

Ah birth plans are ok but it's just labour doesn't necessarily go to plan. Sure my induction was classed as failed by the fri afternoon and they wanted to send me home for the weekend and restart mon morning: had baby at 236 in the morning after I refused to go home. Waters broke on their own and all! I think you just need to go with the flow too :) my poor husband was sent home at 10 and no one rang him untill after half 12 to come in by which stage I was fully dilated and slightly less pethedine stoned and had epidural. He had to leave (by his own choice and mine!). before baba made appearance he was standing outside door too :)

So not at all what was planned but it worked out well in the end!

I had full movement of my legs with epi, still had feeling and felt pushing etc needed gas & air for stitches though.

Oh I know the following though: no I don't want to feel babies head coming out because just no, and no I do not want to see my placenta!

I had a great epidural last time too. Legs were grand, could feel to push. Was awesome. I didn't let them do the oxytocin until after the epi was in.

I was reading there in nytimes about delaying chord clamping by 2 or 3 mins leads to higher iron levels in infants. Need to find the original study though... Maybe that will go on my plan.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/health/study-endorses-later-severing-of-umbilical-cord.html?_r=0

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »

Pwurple that's a really interesting article! Would love to read the study. I had a small bit of mec with my first so cord clamping wouldn't have been an option as he needed to be suctioned. And if I'm honest I don't usually a lot "outside the box".... But this is really interesting,

I would worry about the risk of hemorrhage... As studies have concluded the risk would be higher. However... I'm sure a minute wouldn't hurt? Really interesting....might talk to my doc about this one...

Advertisement