Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I know. Loads of these birth suggestions can be fairly out there... I have a friend who did no cord clamping in her home birth until the pulsing stopped (and then ate the placenta! Way too much for me!). But maybe 30/60 seconds on a normal birth would be alright. Needs more reading though.

Full study here.
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004074.pub3/full

Looks like it may not be a runner for me actually. Risk of bloodflow the other direction. my bloodtype and husband's blood type do not play well together, and I'm rhesus neg. If baby has his bloodtype I am not sure if it would be ok. I'll chat to the consultant anyway about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    (and then ate the placenta! Way too much for me!).

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Went to see a friends newborn yesterday ! Cant wait to meet my guy now !!!

A stoopid lady ran into back of our car on way there !!!!!!!! OH nearly went mad !

Have a twinge in my back since but baby seems ok ! 7 weeks left at work .... I am so lazy wish I could finish up now !

Someone crashed into your car with you in it! Crikey. I'd be going mental altogether. I would have made them bring me to the hospital for a scan. Hope they didn't do much damage to you or car. Of all the people to hit, 7 months pregnant lady is not the best target.

I just want it to stop raining! I'm on day 8 of sinusitus and my head is so foggy. Just want a nice clear day for a walk. Yesterday was nie and I felt so much better, but now it's lashing again and forcast is more rain everyday this week.

Maybe all the rain is falling now so we'll have a fab summer! Fingers crossed.

pwurple wrote: »
    Someone crashed into your car with you in it! Crikey. I'd be going mental altogether. I would have made them bring me to the hospital for a scan. Hope they didn't do much damage to you or car. Of all the people to hit, 7 months pregnant lady is not the best target.

I just want it to stop raining! I'm on day 8 of sinusitus and my head is so foggy. Just want a nice clear day for a walk. Yesterday was nie and I felt so much better, but now it's lashing again and forcast is more rain everyday this week.

Maybe all the rain is falling now so we'll have a fab summer! Fingers crossed.

The car isnt too bad thankfully as we are already down to one car as his is broken !! Baby seems fine kicking like mad .. My back is still a bit sore .. Ive scan Thursday so we can get a look at him !! She blatantly said she wasnt paying attention :0
    I feel your pain .. Would love to go for walk to clear my headache but its raining !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Jeez LH glad all ok.
    Pwurple i was like that a few weeks ago and it lasted weeks. Drove me mad espevially at night when i couldnt breath.
    Ive such a sore toe. So OH making dinner. Toddler having a nap and ive my feet up watching tv i could get used to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Had a fabulously detailed scan today (fell down stairs yesterday!), but it was because the doc had a student and she was palpating my belly and then they were scanning to see how right she was: saw babas eye and nose (well he said they were!). Babs is weighing 4.1 pounds already and heading towards being a 9 pounder!!

Had my 31 week scan today :) Great to see him ! Though they think he already weighs 4lbs 5 ozs ! So now there making me do the GTT next Monday ! Fun times !

I barely and I mean barely passed my GTT. Fasting bloods were 5.0.... Official diagnosis of GD is 5.1 now! Changed since I had my baba in 2012. Fingers crossed all is good and you don't have it :)

cyning wrote: »
    I barely and I mean barely passed my GTT. Fasting bloods were 5.0.... Official diagnosis of GD is 5.1 now! Changed since I had my baba in 2012. Fingers crossed all is good and you don't have it :)

Me too im slightly terrified of it lol I reckon baby is just going to big without a reason ! They said he was big on the 12 week scan as well !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Hi ladies!

I've been a terrible lurker recently, just popping in and out of threads and not posting anything. Thought it was time I said hi in here again!

LH2013, hope you pass the GTT test. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I had another check-up in the hospital on Tuesday and my blood pressure is on the rise, which is bad news for staying in the MLU. I've always suffered from higher end of normal BP due to white coat hypertension, but the MW was saying that at 30 weeks I'm only really starting the hard work of carrying the baby, and chances are it is going to keep increasing.

I've starting doing the Gentlebirth programme and really wanted to incorporate a water birth into it, but if I'm transferred out of MLU, I feel like it's back to no-mans land. BP is guaranteed to be high now, due to being worried about it being high.

We have another scan at 34 weeks to place the placenta. We haven't seen Bubs since 12 weeks, so really looking forward to it. We just have to hope baby keeps its legs tightly closed so as not to ruin our intended surprise!! lol

What hospital are you near firsttimemammy? They have a labour pool in the cork CUMH, do they have one near you?

Girl here at work due three weeks ahead of me is on her last week here. Had lunch with her, she has her scheduled c-section date already.

Have to say I was a small bit jealous of her knowing the exact date her baby would be arriving, even though I'd dread a section too.

LH hope te GTT goes ok and Firstimemammy hope your BP comes under control.

This thread has been so quiet lately! I think it's coz we're all posting in the moan thread!!! LMAO.

Pwurple, I'm in OLOL in Drogheda. In the MLU, both rooms have birthing pools, so that's where I'm aiming to be when I give birth. However, if there are any complications at all, they will transfer me out to consultant led care and I won't be able to use the birthing pools.

The MW advised a couple of sprays of Rescue Remedy next time I'm having BP taken and see if that calms me down a bit. I'm in with the doctor the week after next, so will test it out then.

Anyhoo, gonna go back to thinking positive. It's all I can do!!

Sligo1, I've yet to post in the moan thread. I'm waiting for a humdinger!! lol So far, my only complaint is carpal tunnel in both hands which is getting steadily worse, so you may see me in there very soon!!! lol

Would it be possible to get them to check your Bp after talking to midwives at appts? I did that sometimes in my last pregnancy my pulse when I walk in is always much much higher so they started rechecking after a couple of minutes when is chilled out a bit! That way if it is white coat syndrome it mightn't be as bad after you've been there for awhile?

I'm a terrible terrible moan in pregnancy! Terrible. On the plus side I never felt anything remotely like baby blues after C I reckon cause I was so thrilled not to be pregnant anymore ;)

She actually took 3 readings! I gather the first one was through the roof by her reaction. She then did all the other checks & took it again twice more before we left. She was much happier with the last one 135/85 but still cautioned it is the higher end of normal & clearly rising!

I've had a history of BP due to white coat Hypertension, and with a family history of strokes & my mother having pre-eclampsia in 2 pregnancies they're wary of me!

Lh hope your test goes ok and firsttimemammy hope your bp comes under control.

Yea im such a moaner also and coincidently didnt really get baby blues bar 1 day in the chemist after being up all night i kinda broke down. My nan also died a few days before my daughter was born and i never got to say goodbye as i was overdue and she liver nearly 3hrs drive away.

Anyway looking after a sick todler when 7 months pregnant is such hard work. Seriously exhausted . Have fingers crossed she sleeps tonight i cant function if this continues.
    OH tries to help but i feel bad as he has to get up for work plus she only wants me.
    Pls pls pls let her sleep...

I've had a history of BP due to white coat Hypertension, and with a family history of strokes & my mother having pre-eclampsia in 2 pregnancies they're wary of me!

Gosh that's scary enough. Nearly lost a very good friend to eclampsia... Don't even like to think about what nearly happened. They gave you the lecture on what to watch for with swelling and headaches I guess?

Speaking of swelling, i've been getting really sore leg cramps for a few days in a row, and just noticed there this evening, BAM! swollen feet! This never happened me on a pregnancy before.

They look really weird! Tiny little toes sticking out of these balloon-like feet! I'm such a stereotype now.

Anyone had this before? Am I stuck with elephant feet for the rest of the pregnancy, or will this come and go?

My feet and hands swelled last time took 2 months post C to fit on my wedding rings and some shoes again.

My legs swelled something ridiculous after labour in saying that!

She didnt sleep. Neither did i. Awake since about 3. Ive an ear ache, head ache and sore throat. My whole body aches . The room was spinning earlier and i vomitted.
    Feel like crap. And feel so sorry for my poor lil lady if this is what she is going through. Just tried a lil breakfast and freshened up now both of us back in bed.
    Hopefully get a bit if sleep and feel better.
    OH been great . Sorted my daughter out andvis now loading the dishwasher and putting on a wash before he goes to work.
    Tummy is in bits. Feel so sick. And sore from puking. Had a lil cry i feel that crap.

• Advertisement

Oh Succee :( is there anyone around who can give you a hand today? Half eleven is nap time here. It's NEVER going to come

Oh no, Suucee, feel better soon. Hard enough being pregnant and looking after your sick little one, but worse to be sick yourself.

Pwurple, yep, she gave me the pre-eclampsia sign lecture, although I've already had it a number of times, not least from my mother and father having gone through it themselves. So far, I'm fine though. A bit of swelling in my hands which makes my usually too large engagement ring fit me (YAY!), but that's it! As I say, hopefully the BP is just my usual pre-pregnancy symptom.

Poor you with the swollen feet. I know a friend of mine was very bad with swollen feet in her pregnancy. She lived in flip-flops 3/4 sizes up for the last couple of months, so it's possible it might not come and go for you. Can you even get your shoes on?

Oh Suucee, you need a break or you'll crack up! Can you OH take some time off work and take over so you can get a rest? Anyone who could take her for a while? You nearly sound like you need a doctor visit at this stage, vomitting from pain isn't good!

The swelling was gone way down this morning. And I've been googling like a crazy lady for tips to avoid it, drinking loads more water and putting Barley Water and avocado's on the shopping list. :) Flip flops, yikes. Don't think I could go into work in flip flops. I'll get some cheapo massive ballet slippers if I need it.

It's so sunny outside! Hope we have a nice summer ahead of us. :D

edit.... total TMI here, but is anyone thinking about grooming/waxing down below for delivery? I didn't bother the last time, and the wagon of a midwife doing the few stitches managed to stitch a few hairs into the tear, causing an infection a week later. Twas very sore, hard to clean, and needed the stitches to be redone later on, which I want to avoid. But is it very 80's to prep like that in advance? I dunno! .

I think i vomitted from dizzyness. MIL offered to take A but i feel bad for the poor thing as shes not well either and just wants me. Plus MIL has her hands full as she looks after other grand kids and foster kids.
    We both slept until 11 so not too bad.
    OH cant get time off today but off for the weekend.
    I might ring my sister and she if she could come up for a wee while.
    Im just so achy now and shes pottering around moaning.

Sounds like ye have an awful dose Suucee. I hope you're feeling better soon. I don't know how your managing to take care of LO aswell. Definitely try and get someone over for a few hours. At least your OH will be home for the weekend.

My LO has an awful cough now aswell. He's caught the dose off me. And he's quite chesty. But he's happy and eating and drinking with no temp which is good. I just hate hearing him coughing :(.

Pwurple, yea if definitely be doing some grooming.... Waxing waaaay to sore during pregnancy me thinks tho. Just get a razor. Mind you when I did that last time a week or so before my due date... It was impossible to see anything so I kinda went in blind. Lol. Not a great experience I have to say....

Succee, good to hear you're OH is off the weekend to give you a break, but hopefully your sis can give you a hand out today. I'd say you just want to collapse on your bed with no distractions!

Pwurple, you're not alone. Funny enough the grooming thing has been playing on my mind the last few days too. I always use Veet for down there, but it's been pretty impossible to see anything for at least a couple of months now, so it's gonna have to be a mirror job.

I have in my head to do a job on it in the next week or two, and then maybe keep on top of it over the next 2 months. I know I'm not gonna be able to keep it at bay but at least I can keep it tidy(ish).

The things we have to think of! lol

Succee, did you get the flu shot? I know it's probably the tiredness with whatever else is going on, but achey and dizzy sound very bad.

Reassuring to hear I'm not going to be the only person thinking about the grooming so. Didn't want to give the midwives a fright, although I'm sure they've seen everything and anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Suucee that sounds soo bad, I hope you are getting better soon.

I tried grooming down there but mhhhh looked a bit like a blind person cutting a hedge. Didn`t think about the stitches there so I guess I better try harder :-)

Yea had the flu jab so kinda shocked im so bad. Didnt get anything the year i was pregnant with my daughter.
    OH was home between 1-2 and fed us then myself and LO took to the bed again.
    Only just awake now.
    My sister will be up shortly and will prob stay until OH gets home.
    Re the grooming i had a go the other evening but just with a razor and dont think its too bad. when the time comes id say that will be the last thing on our minds . But pwurple ouch to syupid midwife.

• Advertisement

God I honestly didn't give it a second thought didn't even imagine that could happen pwurple!! I've blocked out the stitches from last time I think.

I've just spent 2 hours trying to get baby to kick... She finally has :D was starting to get worried

Advertisement