Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »

I've just spent 2 hours trying to get baby to kick... She finally has :D was starting to get worried

You know if you're worried about baby not moving you can get a cold glass (can add ice water if u like) and pop it on your belly for a couple mins. Don't think baby likes it too much and will give u a jab. It's not recommended to do all the time. But it doesn't harm to do it every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Or get comfy. My wee man always starts when im going to bed. Sign of things to come maybe.

OH is now complaining of aches and pains. We brought lo's toddler bed in to our room to save us going in to her room during the night.
    Fingers crossed for decent nights sleep for us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hoping you are all fast asleep suucee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I reckon I put babs to sleep cleaning today I was scrubbing cupboards, dumping stuff, steam cleaned all my floors down stairs... Nesting ;) I couldn't sit it was way too sore baby has me murdered.

I drank lucozade and everything which is vomit inducing at best of times!

I am definitely packing hospital bag tomorrow... Everything is sitting in Moses basket just to pack my hubby is having a heart attack in case he's expected to find things ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I have labour bag and baby bag packed ! Probably should organise my hospital bag ;) I am a OCD about packing lol My friend bought us a crib instead of moses basket so cute ....... He has more stuff than I do already !!!

• Advertisement

I have 1 bag, my bag packed. Still need to do baby bag just havent got around to it.
    Feeling bit better today. Had a better nights sleep but OH now has it. Lucky for him he can dose himself up to the eye balls so he isnt as bad. He headed off for most of the afternoon with LO so got to relax .

Labour bag not packed, hospital bag not packed, still no nightdresses for labour/possible induction. Definitely tomorrow! Today got away from me.

I've nothing packed either! Will do it a few weeks or month before.... I'm very last minute....

Did anyone pick up the free eumom pack of samples from supervalu. I'm wondering what's in it this time. There was a nice little cotton hat for newborns last time which i've lost. I've the token thing printed out, but didn't get around to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

I've collected a few bits for the hospital bag. Baby sorted for Labour ward anyway but that's about it. Have a few more bits to get but not concerned yet. The next thing on my list is to get measured & buy nursing bras.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    Did anyone pick up the free eumom pack of samples from supervalu. I'm wondering what's in it this time. There was a nice little cotton hat for newborns last time which i've lost. I've the token thing printed out, but didn't get around to it yet.

I picked up the bag a few months ago. Off the top of my head, there was a baby towel, sunvisor, baby wipes, sample sudocrem, sample baby oil, sample toothpaste, sample babybath, sample cereal & various leaflets.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

I've got nothing packed at all! Like you Sligo1 I'm very last minute. Then it will be a scramble!
    Suucee hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a rough time!
    So I've been really bad about exercise. Normally I swim but have been bad about getting to pool. Had a bleed at 12 weeks and have maintained my inactivity :-) Would it be too late to start some yoga classes? Back has been killing me and is interfering with sleep. What I wouldn't give for a proper massage!

Feeling a bit more human today. . Pharmacist said it was ok to take ordinary lemsip which are helping but the blocked nose driving me demented.
    Slept better last night too which was great .

Decided to make a start on packing baby bag . Seriously dont think half the stuff is needed. I know with my daughter i didnt need half of the stuff. We live 5 mins from hospital so if i run out of anything OH can get stuff from home. Now need to get OH to get car seat and moses basket and bouncer out of the attic so i can give them a cleaning and have them ready.
    He also needs to make a ramp for our front door. We have 3 steps so hard to get buggy in . I used to disconnect the carrycot and bring it in seperate with lo in it. Now i take her out at the door . Not going to be taking 2 out at the door bringing them in then the buggy. Would be a disaster if its raining.

Good to hear you're feeling better, Suucee.

Sounds like you're getting your head in gear with what needs to be done too!!

I'm waiting for payday again, and then I'll do my next round of shopping!!

It's all getting very real now, isn't it? I've really noticed my LO getting stronger and stronger in there. For the first time this weekend, I was left in a bit of discomfort when it started moving about.

I have less than 8 weeks left in work, and I'm seriously counting down every single day!!

I have 6 weeks left at work and I am seriously considering finishing earlier !

Had GTT this morning - all bruised ha ha ha They said I have to wait 2 weeks for results , that seems very long seeing im due in 9 ;)

Hope your results are ok LH.

Suucee are you getting a double buggy? Or just gonna use a buggy board with your wee one?

4 and a bit weeks left at work for me. My sinusitus is gone, so I'm in much better form for it. It was some disaster dragging myself in all last week.

My little girl has started talking about inviting loads of people around for her birthday. And making cake. And balloons. And games of hide and seek. Dawned on me that it's 2 days before my due date.... think I better shimmy that party forward a bit. Just in case the poor mite has her birthday overlapped with me being in labour.

I've been on sick leave since nov because of spd but had decided to start mat leave early anyway as work was just to stressful so my mat leave started end of dec. But in my case I wont be going back anyway.

Sligo yea I got a double buggy. LO will only be 23 months and I walk a lot so knew she wouldn't be up for standing on a buggy board for that long. I had a graco mosaic for her which will be our boot buggy for nipping in and out of shops as can attach car seat on and she normally walks around the shops as it is.
    So the double buggy will be used when I go to the park or walk to town . Its a graco trekko duo. Similar design to phil and teds only half the price.
    A carrycot/cocoon goes on top with newborn while toddler goes on the bottom. then once newborn hits 6 months he goes on the bottom and she goes up top. As its graco it will also take the car seat if needed.
    We have used it a few times already as a single and as a double when I went to tayto park a few months back with SIL and her baba. My LO didn't mind being on the bottom, she actually looked to get in when she was tired.

Oh I wish I could breathe properly but feeling loads better now. Got my morrck for the car seat today. Its lovely, cant wait to use it. Also collected the eumom hamper. Will update you later when ive had a chance to look through it.

So in my eumom pack i got.
    Small box bran flakes
    Tiny tub sudocream
    Sunvisor for the car
    Spa tone liquid iron supplement
    A liga spoon (i sooo wanted the box, had it for lo and loved it, till we lost it)
    Kiddies toothpaste
    Small bottle johnsons top to toe bath
    Small bottle johnsons baby oil
    A pack of johnsons wipes
    A towel
    A sachet of comfort
    And a heap of leaflets.

Not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Got my test results from my GTT. Well, not good. All ways too high. Took them 2 weeks so now I am refered to Drogheda, grrrrrr. Nobody told me what to do now as they will do it in Drogheda, when I get an appointment. So looked up the internet what I can eat and what not. Great there is not much I can change as I don`t eat or drink sweet stuff. I even drink water mostly ecxept my morning cup of coffee. Very frustrated now. Oh and my iron level is too low and I take already galfer for that.Well at-least I got a scan again and baby is fine :-) I am just so annoyed I have only 9 weeks left and they could have done something two weeks ago when I had the test.
    Baby is already big and I am not so smal and Daddy is 6.5 so it will be a monster. How will I get it out of there?

• Advertisement

Awh siipina that's such a pity. I wonder why I takes so long to get the results.

Siipina wrote: »
    Got my test results from my GTT. Well, not good. All ways too high. Took them 2 weeks so now I am refered to Drogheda, grrrrrr. Nobody told me what to do now as they will do it in Drogheda, when I get an appointment. So looked up the internet what I can eat and what not. Great there is not much I can change as I don`t eat or drink sweet stuff. I even drink water mostly ecxept my morning cup of coffee. Very frustrated now. Oh and my iron level is too low and I take already galfer for that.Well at-least I got a scan again and baby is fine :-) I am just so annoyed I have only 9 weeks left and they could have done something two weeks ago when I had the test.
    Baby is already big and I am not so smal and Daddy is 6.5 so it will be a monster. How will I get it out of there?

Its mad the results take so long ! The midwife told me I would have a letter by wed this week if I had it and the blood nurse said they would ring me in two weeks if I had it ! Too long to be waiting when we are this close !

Anyone still waiting on letter to say your maternity benefit has been approved ?! Got letter week before christmas to say they were processing it but nothing since ?!

I was on maternity leave before I got mine this time. And last time I think I got it shortly before it started.

Poor Hayley. Just made me cry, which then made me take a fit of coughing. Half a box of tissues later and lots of blowing my nose I can actually breath (a bit, through 1 nostril). Also burst the stupid lump in my mouth. Jeez the dangers of watching the soaps eh.

Thanks for the list of the eumom stuff suucee, can't beat free. :)

Sucks about the GTT Siipina, especially as they are so slow on doing anything about it!

I got a letter to say processing on the mat leave as well... But nothing since.

I keep rolling on my back when I'm asleep and it's making me feel awful... Didn't bother me at all last time, this time I understand why they say not to sleep on your back! I can't fit any more pillows in my bed ;)

Bought navy nightdresses in penneys yest and pads for my tens machine so hosp bag, labour bag and bag full of extra stuff packed. Need to finish knitting babs cardigans and knit a blanket now too.

Just need to buy a ring cushion now but I could only find one in mothercare for €36.99 and no way in hell was I spending that I borrowed one last time

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Not sleeping well myself...terrible back pain and can't get comfortable. Any suggestions?
    I hear ya about the GTT. I had to have a second last week and still have heard nothing. Not to mention the hospital miss-labeled my last bloods so the lab wouldn't process and I had to do again. Grrrrr

I sleep on my side with a pillow slightly under my bump, a pillow at my back and sometimes a hot water bottle and a pillow between my legs from my knees down to my feet.
    Tried a body pillow but every time i turned over i had to hog that to the other side too.
    I often wake on my back too and yea it can be pretty uncomfortable. Like everything is being squashed . Well i suppose it is.

Cyning thanks for reminding me about the cushion. Another thing OH needs to get out of the attic.

I'm using my nursing pillow... Sleep with it between my legs and hugging it smaller than a body pillow and more comfy. A pillow behind me tucked in and propped up too because the heartburn at night is seriously painful.

Baby is still back to back and won't move!

Suucee, that's pretty much what I got in my EUMom bag, so it looks like they haven't changed anything in the past few months.

Siipina, so sorry about the GTT, and so annoying that it's taken so long to first of all get test results, and then get advice on what to change.

LH2013, I only applied for my maternity leave a couple of weeks ago, so still early days for me to hear anything, I think. Sounds like they're way behind though!

Oh, I hear you all on the sleep discomfort! :( It seems like the only position I can actually sleep in that avoids numb legs and arms is pretty much sitting up, which gets boring about an hour or two. I woke last night with a right hand that felt like it had been shoved into ice for 2 hours and needed to be thawed out - the pain!!! My left hand is having a different issue - not sure if it's also carpal tunnel as it's totally different to my right which even now has tingling sensations on the tips of my fingers. My left hand, if I leave it still for any amount of time (and obviously in bed, it's still for hours), turns into a claw. I have to unpeel my fingers slowly and my wrist does yell at me when I lean on it to change position. Ironically, while my hands are tormenting me at night, my legs haven't been bothering me this week at all.

I'm wondering now should I try the positioning of some pillows around me, although I don't know how they'd make a difference. And the other side of it, is that even the one pillow I do use to rest my leg over, is getting in the way, seeing as OH likes to take up 2/3rds of the bed.

Oh look, there's my first proper pregnancy moan!!! lol

• Advertisement

Tell him to shove over there's two of you and one of him! My hubby ends up in spare room for part of night because my legs are so restless and twitching that I drive him mad... The pillows do help. The 18 month old climbing in between the two of us doesn't though ;)

Moan away... Seriously makes me feel better anyway!

Advertisement