Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    Yeah, it's his sister. And she's in the spare room.... so I don't think lumping the two of them in together is a runner. Haha. :D

Era, he's in hospital this week having an op, so I can't really stress him too much with it.

Anyway, enough moaning. I'll just suck it up and do it this week. I'll pick a date on the calendar that she needs to be gone for, and have a chat about it.

Families eh.

Hope your OH is ok Pwurple. But all I can say is.... You're a better person than me... X

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hope your OH is ok Pwurple. But all I can say is.... You're a better person than me... X

And me :-)

I can walk, without too much pain. Ah just great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Siipina hope your doing ok. Sounds like me a few weeks ago.

Pwurple as was already said your a better woman than me too. Ps hope your OH ok.

I feel so sick. My 21month old is getting her grommets in the morning. I know simple procedure but im so wound up. Sick with worry and feel on the verge of tears all evening.
    And ive anothet tooth ache. Getting beyond the joke at this stage. Its not overly bad though .

Suucee wrote: »
    Siipina hope your doing ok. Sounds like me a few weeks ago.

Pwurple as was already said your a better woman than me too. Ps hope your OH ok.

I feel so sick. My 21month old is getting her grommets in the morning. I know simple procedure but im so wound up. Sick with worry and feel on the verge of tears all evening.
    And ive anothet tooth ache. Getting beyond the joke at this stage. Its not overly bad though .

Awe Suucee, you poor thing, I can't imagine what it must feel like your LO going for an operation. I'm sure she will be fine tho and ye will all feel much better when it's all over x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh Suuccee :( she will be fine much more of a worry for you. Honestly :) make sure you bring snacks for you into hosp with you in case you need them. Is it just a daycase? Big hugs...

Anyone any alternative anything for heartburn? Downing gaviscon, rennies etc but it's not helping. I have tablets from doc for nausea that do help but they make me drowsy too so a nogo with C during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh succee, hope the small one is ok. Poor thing.

Heartburn... I find it gets really bad if I eat too much, or too little. So I've pretty much dropped all normal meals, and am snacking fairly often instead. I have rice-cakes and water biscuits on the go with veg. I started drinking barley water for the leg cramps as well, and it is probably my imagination, but I think it is helping with the heartburn. Down to one gaviscon at bedtime, and 1 about 4am at the moment. Doing ok during the day.

Had a chat with SIL last night. She started telling me that the build was delayed another two weeks, so she would be staying until april at least. I said I really needed her bedroom back for the new baby, so if she could free up the bedroom by March 3rd it would suit us much better. I told her she didn't need to take her stuff that she has stored, just maybe sleep in her mums house, because I need the bedroom for me and baby when we come home from hospital, and I need to get it ready with baby supplies and basket in advance. She didn't take it well tbh. Said I should be taking the baby into my own bed upstairs, and what did I need her room for? I said because I didn't want to wake either my other child, or my husband going to work every morning, with a newborn who needs feeding every hour or so during the night for the first few weeks. And I don't have room in my bedroom even for a bassinet, she has the biggest room in the house at the moment with an ensuite and walk-in shower. And, it's downstairs. I found stairs to be pure agony after the last birth until the my stitches had healed. I dunno what kind of patchwork quilt I'll be after this birth. She went off and said she would think about it. So.. at least that's a first step.

pwurple wrote: »
    Oh succee, hope the small one is ok. Poor thing.

Heartburn... I find it gets really bad if I eat too much, or too little. So I've pretty much dropped all normal meals, and am snacking fairly often instead. I have rice-cakes and water biscuits on the go with veg. I started drinking barley water for the leg cramps as well, and it is probably my imagination, but I think it is helping with the heartburn. Down to one gaviscon at bedtime, and 1 about 4am at the moment. Doing ok during the day.

Had a chat with SIL last night. She started telling me that the build was delayed another two weeks, so she would be staying until april at least. I said I really needed her bedroom back for the new baby, so if she could free up the bedroom by March 3rd it would suit us much better. I told her she didn't need to take her stuff that she has stored, just maybe sleep in her mums house, because I need the bedroom for me and baby when we come home from hospital, and I need to get it ready with baby supplies and basket in advance. She didn't take it well tbh. Said I should be taking the baby into my own bed upstairs, and what did I need her room for? I said because I didn't want to wake either my other child, or my husband going to work every morning, with a newborn who needs feeding every hour or so during the night for the first few weeks. And I don't have room in my bedroom even for a bassinet, she has the biggest room in the house at the moment with an ensuite and walk-in shower. And, it's downstairs. I found stairs to be pure agony after the last birth until the my stitches had healed. I dunno what kind of patchwork quilt I'll be after this birth. She went off and said she would think about it. So.. at least that's a first step.

Pwurple, I'm sorry I know she's your SIL but the CHEEK!! I would've let rip at her! Telling you you should have your baby in your room! Gosh I would've thought that was the parents decision. I'm actually really annoyed even reading your post!

And "she'll think about it"!!! Think about what!!!??? I'd have her bags packed for her! Gosh you've more patience than a saint! I hope your husbands ok Pwurple, but I'd be getting him involved at this stage. The cheek of her!

I'm horrified by her! It's none of her business if you wanted the room back to leave empty: it's your house! She'll think about it? Seriously what cheek

She would think about it. OMG pwurple eh who's house is it. Out id be telling her.

So home now and LO grand. Was running around the place and just gone up for a nap. So gona put the feet up now. Im wrecked from the early morning and lil sleep i had last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

You have the patience of a saint :eek: I would have said there will be no thinking ... you need to be out and if you dont leave you will find all your stuff at your mams !!
    You dont need this stress and its your house !!

• Advertisement

That's great Succee was thinking about you today :)

Ah that's great suucee. Kids bounce back so fast sometimes, it's amazing!

I'm being a bit harsh there, she meant she will think about how to arrange it I'd say. I'm making her homeless afterall, so she needs to find somewhere else to go in the next few weeks. Either that, or she is waiting for my OH to come back to check with him that I'm not just being mental and hormonal. :) I have him well prepped already anyway, we're both on the same page on this one.

Delighted your little one is ok suucee.

Hey everyone, I was over on the moan thread there (surprise suprise.... Lol). And a couple of the girls there were chatting about meet ups. So I was thinking it would be really nice if we could perhaps arrange a meet up at a time and Place that suits? Let me know if ye would be keen? I'm in Dublin.

I'm in Kerry so a no go I'm afraid ;) otherwise I'd be all for it!

Finished knitting cardi for baby must do blanket over weekend and might do another one then saw very pretty wool today ;)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I was over on the moan thread there (surprise suprise.... Lol). And a couple of the girls there were chatting about meet ups. So I was thinking it would be really nice if we could perhaps arrange a meet up at a time and Place that suits? Let me know if ye would be keen? I'm in Dublin.
    That's a brilliant idea Sligo
    I am in Meath. So Dublin would be possible :-)

Ah that's nice. Cork though, bit of a trek from the big schmoke.

Such a pity some of us live so far apart. Would've been really nice to meet with everyone after all these months of helping eachother with advice and ranting :). I figured cork and Kerry was a no go :(. Lol. If anyone else is around tho.... :).

Just went reading my pregnancy diary from my first pregnancy... holy moly what a difference there is in this one.

I couldn't sleep at all at this stage on the last one. Lots of insomnia. My heartburn was so bad I was sitting bolt upright in the bed. My hips were in bits. I had bad nausea. My legs were constantly cramping. I was really light sensitive, any bright light was driving me nuts.

This time, it's not half as bad. Probably jinxed myself there now, but I feel much more in control compared to 3 years ago. Got my avocados for the leg cramps, snacking and gaviscon for the nausea and heartburn, and the light doesn't bother me at all.

Im in westmeath but dont do city driving. Dublinn scares the bejesus out of me in the car. I would maybe drive as far as liffey valley . Maybe.

I slept all night last night. Didnt even wake for the loo. I woke up and i was in a hoop. Left hip was killing me and the pain i had on the lower part of my tummy. But once i went to the loo i was grand. Id say my blader was fit to burst.

Got my few remaining bits in aldi this morning so will pop them in my bag later and then will be totally sorted. Cant wait now.

• Advertisement

Got a prescription popped in door this morn when I was out for ferrograd so presuming I'm anaemic or heading towards it now too. Such a balls.

I dont like driving in Dublin at all as well suucee, maybe we find somewhere in between?
    Not well today, dont know whats wrong just feeling very tired and cold and ah I dont know.

Hope you're not coming down with something.p or have a fever Siipina.

I'm on south side dub but I can get to Liffey valley. I'm pretty easy. Think the pregnancy moan thread might be organising something aswell :)

I hope its just the lack of sleep and the heat in the hospital this morning. Two hours waiting just for the diabetic doctor to tell me my sugar level in the mornings are too high, well I kind of guessed that.
    Liffey valley is ok for me as long as I dont have to drive to the city centre everything is fine :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Hey ladies,

I'm not sure if I can do a meet-up. Working long days 5 days a week, and have a few busy weekends coming up, so I'll decline for the minute and see if I can work around whatever plan is made.....

Had doc check-up this morning. Have been freaked out these last couple of weeks since my hospital check-out and the midwife making a hullaboo about my rising blood pressure. I even went out and bought a BP monitor. Anyhoo, as normal, first reading in the doc surgery was way high, so she did it again, and it was lower than the previous reading in the hospital - 135/70, so yay! Everything else good, urine clear, baby's heartbeat strong and still positioned head-down all crowded on my left hand side for some reason. I'm feeling so much brighter now.

I popped into Aldi after work yesterday too and collected more bits. Our nursery is officially out of control now. It's just stuff dumped on top of stuff. We've a full day antenatal class tomorrow so my mission for Sunday is to make some sense out of the nursery and pack the hospital bags. Getting real now!! :D

Hope you feel better soon, Siipina!

Im in Limerick so im ruled too :(

Had hospital today .. No diabetes YAY !! Though I could have told them that !!!

Got a mini scan today which was an unexpected surprise !!!! They are referring me to physio on Thursday for my hip and carpal tunnel !! Fun times ;) counting down the days at work .. Tempted to go sick .. I cant sit for long at work and cant type much due to sore wrists and fingers !!!

Brill news on no diabetes. Yay!

Counting down days at work as well... Only a couple of weeks left now. Kinda worried i haven't had any letter back from maternity benefit application. Better phone them monday.

I havent received mine back either its on my to do list !!!!!!

Up watching tv as I cant sleep with pain in my hands and ankles ha ha Cant wait for the baby to arrive now !!!!

Baby is lying in my ribs and getting really painful cramps at night in tummy and side :( people think im making it up at this stage sigh ....

• Advertisement

Nope babies like to get into the most uncomfortable position possible! I find gym ball great for helping move babs slightly!

My mammy has taken Thurs off work to come and mind C so I can go to bed all morning and go get my hair done in afternoon and just generally chill out :) cannot wait. So so tired now: I fell asleep on couch twice today aside from naptime.

Advertisement