Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Must get a pump to inflate ours !!!!

Took today as a sick day from work ... There was no way I was able to go in !! I have 4 weeks left in the office but I am seriously contemplating finishing up earlier !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It's well worth it never used it on first pregnancy stupid decision! I swear come 37 weeks I'm going to start bouncing like mad to evict babs ;) I'm so over being pregnant right now!

Ha ha I hear ya !!!! Could do with it all being over now ! First 7 months were grand the last three weeks have been kinda crap :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What the heck was I thinking drinking a glass of orange juice in the evening? Havn't had a wink of sleep with the heartburn.

11 days left at work.... Nearly there

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Sounds like we're all starting to feel it!!

I'm also starting to wonder about my wisdom in working right up til 38 weeks +. I keep telling myself that it'll be worth it to have the time after the baby is born, and also that if I do go full term plus 2, I'll be at home for 3 weeks before Bubs is born anyway. Not making the long work-days any easier though!

I was only saying to OH yesterday. I'm pregnant 7 months and haven't taken one sick day while the 3 peeps I work with (not pregnant) have all taken at least one each. Still taking it one day at a time here.....

I pumped up a birthing ball I was loaned the other week, but it seems to have a slight puncture cos it went slightly soft a day later (but no worse). I saw a deal in Tesco a couple of weeks back and bought another one, but have yet to pump it up. I'm definitely intending on spending a bit of time on it for the last few weeks!!

• Advertisement

It will be worth it alright... I worked up to the max 2 weeks before due date on my first, and she was 2 weeks overdue. So I was a whole month at home on mat leave waiting. waiting. and more waiting. Longest month ever. I was shattered and uncomfortable alright, but I would have been able to keep going on maybe three days a week no problem.

Plus, it meant she was only 5 months old when I had to go back, which was too early for her definitely, but we couldn't afford for me to to take the unpaid, it's fecking tight enough on the bare govt benefit as it is... don't know how we're going to cope with the new one which is now both cut and taxed. Bastards. Can't wait til a TD or councillor calls to my door looking for votes, I'm going to take them to pieces over it. What the fook is all that PRSI for if they cut the benefit for PRSI payers, and bump it up for everyone else. Grr.

Anyway, rant over.

At the moment I can barely walk and this carpal tunnel is soooo sore ....... Work is very hard ... My doc said he will re assess me next week ..... I dont want to finish early but I actually cant do my job anymore or the 50 minute journey to and from the office !

LH2013, would the doc sign you off on sick leave, rather than maternity? That way you still get to officially finish on the date you planned (even if you haven't been working up to it).

Carpal Tunnel is a real head-wreck, isn't it? I've constant numbness in the entire three fingers of my right hand, and my left hand is slowly starting to follow suit. Weirdly, it's most annoying when I'm washing my hair in the shower as I can't 'feel' properly any more! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

MY wife (35 weeks) was in a lot of pain last night, it was coming in waves and she was worried it might be contractions so rang the midwives in Holles St. and they told us to come in. She got the 20 minute baby heartbeat monitoring which was all good. It was funny when she drank some ice cold water the heart beat shot up from 125 to 150, baby was going mad, didn't like that I reckon! Doctor came along after a while and gave her a once over and just said nothing to worry about and sent us home. She is going to be referred to a physio but for now she was just told to take paracetamol and use hot water bottles on areas affected. Must say the staff in Holles St. where excellent from start to finish, definitely don't have any worries when it comes to the real deal in a few weeks! We also got hear some actual births taking place down the corridor, sounded very intense i.e. lots of screaming and midwife shouting for mother to PUSH PUSH PUSH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

MY wife (35 weeks) was in a lot of pain last night, it was coming in waves and she was worried it might be contractions so rang the midwives in Holles St. and they told us to come in. She got the 20 minute baby heartbeat monitoring which was all good. It was funny when she drank some ice cold water the heart beat shot up from 125 to 150, baby was going mad, didn't like that I reckon! Doctor came along after a while and gave her a once over and just said nothing to worry about and sent us home. She is going to be referred to a physio but for now she was just told to take paracetamol and use hot water bottles on areas affected. Must say the staff in Holles St. where excellent from start to finish, definitely don't have any worries when it comes to the real deal in a few weeks! We also got hear some actual births taking place down the corridor, sounded very intense i.e. lots of screaming and midwife shouting for mother to PUSH PUSH PUSH!

What an ordeal. Glad shes ok .

LH id be asking the doc to sign you off. You cant put up with workbon top of that.

Im not too bad at all the past few weeks. My LO being a bit difficult but were puttingbit down to the grommets, hopefully its not the terrible 2s starting early. Not great timing.
    I keep getting strong braxton hicks. Didnt really have the with LO. They can get pretty strong and can feel pressure down there. It gets very uncomfortabke sitting especially in the car.

OH has the ramp done. Just few more bits to do . Im glad as with 3 steps it would make getting in and out with a double buggy impossible sobi just wouldnt be bothered going out. Other than that im pretty much sorted. I think. Hospital bags done. Car seat ready.
    Ive a list as long as my arm for things for OH to do but no real hurry i suppose.

• Advertisement

Poor thing, that's scary. Screaming is not what you want to be hearing either before your due date.... way too freaky!

LH, ask about sick leave. If I needed it, I'd be asking for sick leave from a doctor straight away. No point using up mat leave when you don't need to.

I phoned the maternity benefit people as well, looks like my claim is processed, they are just a few weeks behind with notification letters they said, but the money should come through on time. Another thing off the list.

Must go off to Tony Kealys now at the weekend and get the isofix car seats fitted properly. So handy they do that for free.

Ya ill will ask the doc when I see him Friday week !!

Ya the carpal tunnel is a pain .. Cant open bottles , jars etc like an old lady at the moment !!!!

Doesnt help when all I want to do is clean either !!!

Woohoo, I think I have some baby flipping action here! I was breech up to now, but I definitely feel a bowling ball in my side today, instead of in my ribs. Come on little baby, get that bum pointed upwards! 36 week checkup next week. Hopefully she will be pointed for the exit.

Am like a zombie today. Did a part night shift last night, don't know whether I'm coming or going. Having vague panicky thoughts about scratch mits and newborn hats. Can't remember if they are packed or not.

Sounds like you need more sleep, Pwurple! ;)

Great news on the baby turning!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Hey Ladies, just looking for a bit of advice. My oh is due on March 30th, she is having trouble sleeping at night though, is there anything you can recommend? We have bought the body pillow but it's not really helping, she will sleep for 2/3 hours when she goes to bed but once she wakes she just can't get back to sleep, it doesn't help then that she has to work an 8hour day in a factory after getting no sleep.

What's keeping her awake?

If it's heartburn, try a gaviscon chewy tablet (i find the strawberry ones are ok) and half a rice-cake.

If it's hip pain, try folding that pillow over so it doubles up in width. My hips want to be straddling a bloody horse at the moment to be comfy. Very ladylike.

If just after loo breaks... Reduce the wakey brain signals maybe? So Don't turn on any lights on the way there if its nearby. Just sneak in there in the dark, don't flush, so there is no cistern filling noise, flush in the morning. That might keep her half-asleep.

pwurple wrote: »
    Poor thing, that's scary. Screaming is not what you want to be hearing either before your due date.... way too freaky!

LH, ask about sick leave. If I needed it, I'd be asking for sick leave from a doctor straight away. No point using up mat leave when you don't need to.

I phoned the maternity benefit people as well, looks like my claim is processed, they are just a few weeks behind with notification letters they said, but the money should come through on time. Another thing off the list.

Must go off to Tony Kealys now at the weekend and get the isofix car seats fitted properly. So handy they do that for free.

Got my benefit letter today at last !! All approved !

So had the physio yesterday - carpal tunnel and SPD .. Fun times !! Totally asking my GP when I see him Wed about signing me off sick ! Today was torture ... Could barely go from my desk to the printer and they increased my workload :confused: Also my replacement hasnt even been hired yet !!!

If it's restless legs keeping her awake I scoot down the bed and press my feet against the footboard... Only thing that helps me. And kicking hubby out of the bed ;) I sleep quite propped up too to help. Sleeplessness is just a part of pregnancy for some of us too it's awful :(

I got blood results today was tested for entirely the wrong thing so not impressed. Now I need another blood test Mon morning and the results won't be back for 7-10 days. Agh.

cyning wrote: »
    I got blood results today was tested for entirely the wrong thing so not impressed. Now I need another blood test Mon morning and the results won't be back for 7-10 days. Agh.

What! Jaysus you'll be full term the rate they are going.

When will this f-ing rain stop. I want to go for a walk or something. Feeling cooped up.

Awake half the night with braxton hicks and sore hips. Woke up this morning with head ache and sore throat again and felt wrecked . OH brought lo to gymboree and rather than rest nesting oveeload kicked in.
    Whole house hoover mopped and cleaned. Daughters wardrobe got a good clearing out. Was just about to start mine but im banjacksed . Plus i realises no point sorting it at 8 months pregnant. When only half the clothes fit. And hopefully in a few weeks il be bumpless so back into more of them.

• Advertisement

I know!! Ah well could be worse...

I have serious Braxton hicks and pressure today. 35 + 1 so could do without it now. Pain unreal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

had some serious Braxton hicks yesterday as well and really bad pressure, could not walk. 33+5 and the first one so was a bit worried but all good now, I just make sure my bag is packed today :-)

Im 35 weeks today. Im just so done with being pregnant. Must be another cold im coming down with. Feeling rotten all day. Head aches ear aches sore throat.
    Had the whopping cough vaccine yesterday and my arm is sore too. Didnt get that with flu vaccine.
    Reckon i prob picked up something in gp waiting room.
    Im so uncomfortable too. My bump just feels so ,i duno. Low. I cant sit comfortably and my back is playing up. Serola belt (for spd) is so uncomfortable but im afraid to nit wear it incase spd flares up too.
    Ugh roll on march.

Also had a dream recently that baba born on OHs birthday. 21st feb.
    Bit too early though for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi guys, really quick question. I know this is prob TMI but I've just been to toilet and after wiping myself there was a bit of mucous on the tissue.

Now I can only compare to last pregnancy. I didnt get a show, but always a bit of mucous in the tissue for about a week or 2 before I went into labour. This might just be a one off... But I'm just wondering if anyone else been getting any mucous. I'm only 35 weeks... So thinking its a bit early yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Sligo, is it like normal discharge or different? At my antenatal apt this week midwife did mention that from here on out discharge can increase significantly.. so im inclined to think that as long as its not bloody etc then its normal...

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, really quick question. I know this is prob TMI but I've just been to toilet and after wiping myself there was a bit of mucous on the tissue.

Now I can only compare to last pregnancy. I didnt get a show, but always a bit of mucous in the tissue for about a week or 2 before I went into labour. This might just be a one off... But I'm just wondering if anyone else been getting any mucous. I'm only 35 weeks... So thinking its a bit early yet.

Don't know about too early but I have the same. yesterday was even a bit blood with it twice but only a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

moominn wrote: »
    Sligo, is it like normal discharge or different? At my antenatal apt this week midwife did mention that from here on out discharge can increase significantly.. so im inclined to think that as long as its not bloody etc then its normal...

I wouldn't really classify it as discharge. It's thick mucous. Discharge or lukeria will increase in the last few weeks of pregnancy... But this is more what you'd expect as part of the show or something.

Siipina, good to know you're in the same boat. It's just I didn't get a show last pregnancy but just this mucous about a week before I went into labour. Didnt get it at all before that... So was wondering why it's earlier this time....

But if others are getting it then I don't think I'm going to pop so soon. Lol x

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't really classify it as discharge. It's thick mucous. Discharge or lukeria will increase in the last few weeks of pregnancy... But this is more what you'd expect as part of the show or something.

Siipina, good to know you're in the same boat. It's just I didn't get a show last pregnancy but just this mucous about a week before I went into labour. Didnt get it at all before that... So was wondering why it's earlier this time....

But if others are getting it then I don't think I'm going to pop so soon. Lol x
    Yes is good to know I am not on my own with this too :-) on the other hand I made sure today to get the last bits for the bag and got it ready today. Just in case as I had some strong Braxton hixs yesterday as well. It's my first one so just in case :-)

Nada on the mucus front here. Not a sniff of a braxton hicks either. Thinking this bubs is going to go overdue again. We all went swimming together today, so i was able to go do a small bit of swimming on my own, while he looked after our little girl. So nice to feel weightless! Must try to do that again before baby arrives.

I was living in hope that I might go soon into the mat leave. Better start organising some gentle prego-friendly things to be doing to keep my mind off nesting, like swimming and yoga. otherwise i will have the whole house painted or go off hiring sanding machines.

• Advertisement

I had a show weeks ago: week after Christmas. Nothing came of it thank god :) had one at 37 weeks last time and was still induced!

I get horrendous BH. I obviously couldn't tell last time round... But they are contraction painful! I've had tears twice today I really really hope it's not like this for the next 5 weeks. And I'm not a crier ;)

Advertisement