Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

No mucus for me either. Didnt have 1 last time either.
    Seriously uncomfortable . Im so tired but restless . It doesnt make sence. I just realised i forgot to clear out the drawers of LOs bedside locker when i was sorting out her room and i really really want to go do it now. Its annoying me. But obviously cant as shes sound asleep in bed.

Just realised we still havent got a present for my daughter from her new brother. I thought i had everything done.
    Top of my to do list this week. Thinking a doll might be an idea. She has 1 but its more a teddy with a hard head so she has no interest but when in friends homes she plays with dolls.
    Might get a boy doll so she can dress it in babys clothes . Also she can feed it when im feeding baby and rock it and push it in buggy.
    Mmmm. Think that might work.

Feeling good bit better today. Still getting braxton hicks but no cold symptoms.
    I think i can feel babas head low down on my bump. Like just above my pubic bone . It feels very hard and round. Even OH thought so. We were having a good oul poke at my tummy.
    Its weird as with my daughter her head never engaged until i was in full blown labour. So i never experienced this.
    Also im peeing all the time. Think i must of been up 4 times last night .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Aagh I haven't that done either Succee! C got a doll around Christmas time that burps and cries and laughs and sucks on a dody. I was trying to show her to be gentle with baby she shushes it when it cries but I've also found it in the dishwasher and washing machine. She does love it though! I don't know what to get her: she had loads of toys. Has building blocks and lego. Might get her more of the little people stuff.

I think I'm slightly dehydrated again so trying to drink; finding the iron extremely difficult to stomach it's making me so sick. Might say it to doc tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Would you try the galfer liquid as opposed to ferrograd or the galfer tablets? The liquid is so much easier on your tummy :).

I must ask tomorrow: I didn't know there was a Galfer liquid! I'm taking ferrograd c twice a day... I must say I think it's terribly unfair I get hyperemesis in my first pregnancy didn't eat properly because I couldn't and no anaemia! This time I ate really healthily (when not sick!) and iron levels drop.... Where's the reasoning in that!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    I must ask tomorrow: I didn't know there was a Galfer liquid! I'm taking ferrograd c twice a day... I must say I think it's terribly unfair I get hyperemesis in my first pregnancy didn't eat properly because I couldn't and no anaemia! This time I ate really healthily (when not sick!) and iron levels drop.... Where's the reasoning in that!

:(... That's no good cyning. I used to get terribly constipated on the tablets when I was a bit younger. So I was really against taking them. Last pregnancy I took the liquid along with lactulose each night. I had absolutely no gastro discomfort or constipation so that's what I'm going to do again this pregnancy :)

It could be worse I know :)

I'll ask tomorrow I have to take thyroid tablets too so I can't just change because iron interacts with them. God I'm all problems I should shut up now :)

cyning wrote: »
    It could be worse I know :)

I'll ask tomorrow I have to take thyroid tablets too so I can't just change because iron interacts with them. God I'm all problems I should shut up now :)

Ah ok perhaps that's why you're on ferrograd instead of galfer. Yea do ask tho. Iron is a balls to take.

I'm feeling terribly guilty over having to give it in liquid form to C now too: poor creatur must have been so sick with it too and she was only 10 months at the time.

Hence how I know my diet is high in iron: spinach and cheese muffins are delicious by the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That's a good idea on the pressie Succee. Hope yours is not like mine with dolls! She mainly throws them down the stairs, or uses them as target practice with footballs, lies them on train tracks to get run over, sets them up in toy car crashes or catapults lego or dinosaurs at them. I'm vaguely worried she will be the same with a sibling, but she is currently very excited about cuddles for the baby, and 'helping' me with nappies, so fingers crossed.

My daughter's birthday is only a few days from due date too, so I'm not sure a pressie will have any impact on her. She'll be overflowing with new toys anyway. I might try and do it the other way around, let her come shopping with me and she can get the new baby something to wear, like a little hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I take Galfer and I dont have any problems with it but maybe because I take everyday Magnesium against cramps nd it helps against constipation as well.
    So mad with my employer, I am still waiting for the form for the maternity benefit. I was a bit late with it from the start cause I made everything ready before christmas and then forgot about it and 4 weeks ago I send it to my employer. Well, it tokk them a week to contact me to find out what they have to do ( I explained everything in the same letter) and now they are telling me they sent the form back beginning last week. Arghh 4 week for one page. But I rang the maternity office today and they told me not to worry it will still be fine 2 weeks before. Ah very nice, so uncomplicated. :-) Just hope they send the letter at all. Not too sure about that though.

pwurple wrote: »
    That's a good idea on the pressie Succee. Hope yours is not like mine with dolls! She mainly throws them down the stairs, or uses them as target practice with footballs, lies them on train tracks to get run over, sets them up in toy car crashes or catapults lego or dinosaurs at them. I'm vaguely worried she will be the same with a sibling, but she is currently very excited about cuddles for the baby, and 'helping' me with nappies, so fingers crossed.

My daughter's birthday is only a few days from due date too, so I'm not sure a pressie will have any impact on her. She'll be overflowing with new toys anyway. I might try and do it the other way around, let her come shopping with me and she can get the new baby something to wear, like a little hat.

She got a doll for her first xmas but no interest. I just noticed lately in friends homes if theres a doll she plays with it. Also at parent and toddler grps she likes the doll. Pushing them around in the buggy and giving it soother.
    Im thinking when she comes in to the hosp to see the baby we can say the baby brought her a pressie . And when im at home changing or feeding she might change or feed her baby.
    I dont think the idea of her getting the baby a present would work here. Shes a lil too young and wouldnt want to give it.
    Might work for you as you LO older.
    Actually starting to get a lil nervous now about how shes going to cope with it all.
    She has been our whole world for 21 months. Hopefully she will adapt quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Having a totally feeling sorry for myself day :(

Stupid SPD ... im in bits today and every time I leave my desk I have to hold on to something for a minute before I can take a step grrrrrrr

The doctor better sign me off on wed evening .. I actually cant take much more of the pain :(

LH2013 wrote: »
    Having a totally feeling sorry for myself day :(

Stupid SPD ... im in bits today and every time I leave my desk I have to hold on to something for a minute before I can take a step grrrrrrr

The doctor better sign me off on wed evening .. I actually cant take much more of the pain :(

You have my sympathy. That's how I was, So horrible. If you can why don't you try arrange to go to the doc today or tomorrow. Im sure your doc will sign you off when they see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Oh LH I feel your pain. Go to the doc, its not worth all the pain and its not getting better.
    For me its always the weather which makes it worst , especially these storms.
    I am sure the doc will sign you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Siipina wrote: »
    Oh LH I feel your pain. Go to the doc, its not worth all the pain and its not getting better.
    For me its always the weather which makes it worst , especially these storms.
    I am sure the doc will sign you off.

Thanks !!! I am so used to feeling well that this is kind of frustrating !!! Doing the food shop has become a big chore ! OH is happy though as he now has free rein of the weekly shop ;)
    Work have no replacement for me still :eek: My workload is increasing instead of decreasing ... Moan .. Moan ;)

Doc said no to liquid iron but they'll do (more!) bloods next Week and if they've improved then I can :)

Scan tomorrow yay!

Aw that a pity. I hope you're feeling ok.

Hope the SPD girls are ok... I can't imagine how uncomfortable ye must feel.

So does anyone think they may go a little early??? I'm so dying to meet my little girl now. Now I'll prob be the one to go 2 weeks over! Lol

Early, naw. I'd say I'll be late again. Ye are all getting braxton hicks etc, nothing for me, so I'd say 4 or 5 days late anyway.

Work is well and truely finished with me. They went completely over the top and got me to hand over to two experienced people and one graduate. There isn't enough work to go around for the three of them AND me, so I am making work for myself doing training presentations and documentation while I'm still there. I think they expected me to go ages ago... Every other pregnant person in the company has gone on sick leave at least two months before maternity kicks in. I worked up to the last minute possible with my first child though, so I am not sure why they thought it would be different this time. Makes the day very long instead of the usual tearing busy action, but better this than stressed out.

Put your feet up and enjoy it Pwurple. I know what you mean tho. I worked right up until my mat leave last time... There wasn't actually much to do tbh... And I found the days just dragged sitting in my office.

• Advertisement

Ya I think I will... So obviously going to end up being induced! I shouldn't be allowed go over the 40 weeks but the registrar I see is driving me mad so well see what tomorrow brings!

I really really do not want to be induced with C at home!

O god, I feel so massive and so much pressure can't imagine anything worse than going 2 weeks over. I mean of course there is worse... But right now the thought is hateful.

I really really really would love not to be induced and the extra time in hosp that goes with it! I spent 3 days bring induced last time not fun. Avoided both ARM and drip just 5 rounds of the gel...

Spent most of the night in bloody a&e. Still there now.

Small girl has a mild cough all day, but around 7 she started panting and got very lethargic. I thought she passed out at about 8, couldn't wake her. Brought her over to the out of hours doc service, (in waiting room for another hour) who told me they suspected pneumonia and to go to a&e for an xray. Was up at a&e by about ten... And we have been there all night long, on a chair, waiting to see anyone beyond a triage nurse. We are considered the 'least urgent'. There were at least 15 sick kids ahead of us when we came in, and there are about 8 still. My husband took a 4 hour shift here so I could go home and sleep.

People have been in this waiting room with every infection known, puking all over the place, loads with crazy rashes. Everyone has been going ahead of is because my little girl isn't screaming the place down like the others. Everytime i ask where I am in the list they say "the end of category 3". Going nowhere. She is just flat in my arms barely moving, just panting away. W are very back of the q.

As soon as my gp opens I need to phone her and get referred somewhere else for this lung xray. There is no way spending the night in a filthy a&e waiting room has done either my little girl, or me, or unborn, a tap of good. :(

Oh my god pwurple that is radiculous. The poor thing. And poor you.
    Hopefilly you will be seen soon. Hope shes ok. Not what you need right now.

Oh Pwurple that's ridiculous :( hope ye either get X-ray ASAP or can go somewhere else. Hope she's ok

Bless my gp. Got referred to another hospital first thing. She phoned around and found a free childns ward bed. All xrayed and ventilated and settled in for the night now. She is all perked up about a "sleepover" at the hospital.

pwurple wrote: »
    Bless my gp. Got referred to another hospital first thing. She phoned around and found a free childns ward bed. All xrayed and ventilated and settled in for the night now. She is all perked up about a "sleepover" at the hospital.

Ah that's brilliant news. Hope the wee pet is ok. Awful she has to stay in overnight tho. Can't believe the disgrace of the place you were in last night! Sounds awful....
    Hope she's better soon and you get some rest.

Hopes she doing ok Pwurple: are you staying with her? Did you get a mattress... Make sure you mind you too!

Had to have trace today because babs had gone very quiet even during scan... Where upon she made a total liar out of me and started moving like a nutjob! She's still back to back and I'm not holding out much hope of her moving at this stage!

• Advertisement

No mattress or place for parents to sleep, except a hard chair. So her daddy is in there now. I take over at 7am. Can't sleep with the worry of course.

Advertisement