Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh that sucks :( I'm so lucky anytime I've been in with C I got a mattress (or last time an actual bed). Hope she's much better this morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hope all is ok Pwurple and hope LO gets home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh pwurple. Hope to hear good news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

oh pwurple the poor pet, hope she is getting better soon. I ll cross the fingers for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thanks, she looks to be on the mend today. Hopefully tomorrow or saturday we will be out.

• Advertisement

That's great pwurple :) nothing worse than being stuck in hospital with a smallie... You feel helpless.

Baby has gotten so much quieter since Monday I hate it it really worries me because she's still back to back.

pwurple wrote: »
    Thanks, she looks to be on the mend today. Hopefully tomorrow or saturday we will be out.

Glad to hear shes improving. Hope ye are home soon.

So had hosp app today. Seen a different doc today than have done every other time. Reckon my due date should be 23rd. How they can decide that at this stage is beyond me. Anyway what difference is a week.
    Had a mini scan and doc has reffered me for another scan as she thinks the placenta is a bit low. Will be sent that out in the post but god only knows when ill get that for.
    Also my iron was low when they done my bloods 4 weeks ago so told me to start galfer.

At 1 point there was still 3 of us sitting waiting to be seen at 5.15 doc was getting ready to go. Putting coat on when midwife asked were we waiting to be seen. Eh obviously. Our files had gone walkies and they hadnt realised there was still patients waiting. The other 2 women were there since approx 2pm. I was only thete since 3.45 so wasnt as bad.

Still up and down to hospital. Wrecked.

I had scan wednesday, i don't know what on earth the midwife clinic in CUMH is for. I agreed to be switched because it was supposed to be faster appointments. My friend is also on the wednesday clinic, had the same time appointment as me for regular clinic and was out 2 full hours earlier. I was still sitting in the corridor waiting, when she was walking out the door. Sigh.

I am not confident in their scanning abilities at all either. Tge scanner is ****ty for a start. They wrote down posterior placenta, the last doctor who scanned me put down anterior. They poked my belly so hard trying to find the head location I'm actually bruised. Would not recommend.

Anyway, waiting for doc to do rounds, so hopefully small girl can come home today and we can get back to normal. I really need to see my own gp too. I seem to have picked up some stomach bug thing, can't keep food in, plus a headcold, and I think I have a UTI now as well. Hospitals are such germ-fests. :(

Fingers crossed ye get to come home. I was in with C when I was 12 weeks and that was awful let alone now. Hospitals really are not a nice place to be.

Was trying to make doc appt but think the phones are down :( it's only routine anyway so no big deal but would like to get it done.

I can't believe they bruised you that's unreal... I'd freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

What a week !!!!! We were evacuated from work wed cause the roof was blowing off :eek: no electricity until last night ! Boil notice on our water ........ Off work today thank god .. Finally got thru to my GP they had been closed for two days because they had no power !!!

Totally over the weather and my aches and pains :(

• Advertisement

And we're out! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Hi ladies,

Just came across this thread.

Wondering if anyone has gd and if you did did they deliver baby early, I've 3+ weeks to go but babs is measuring big since 32 weeks. Growth scan on Tuesday and possible chat with cons about delivery!

And we're out! Yay!

And we're on the way into Temple Street :(

amor3 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Just came across this thread.

Wondering if anyone has gd and if you did did they deliver baby early, I've 3+ weeks to go but babs is measuring big since 32 weeks. Growth scan on Tuesday and possible chat with cons about delivery!

Do you mean with GD diabetes in pregnancy?
    I do have it and the doc told me that they will not let me go over 40 weeks so will prob introduced with 39 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Siipina wrote: »
    Do you mean with GD diabetes in pregnancy?
    I do have it and the doc told me that they will not let me go over 40 weeks so will prob introduced with 39 weeks.

Yeah gestational diabetes. I'm on 1000mg of metformin twice a day. Just wondering how early they would induce. But because of previous section, they will only induce me with the gel and only if I'm favourable! The thoughts of a section is a nightmare, but if it gets baby here safely, that's all that matters.

Sligo1 wrote: »

Oh no! Fingers crossed it's not a long stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Oh no ! Hope all ok !!!

Doc signed me off without even asking so officially finished work .. It feels weird :rolleyes:
    He found protein in urine so have to go back in Tuesday .. The joys !!!!

Amor all my aunts had GD and were induced by 38 weeks on all their pregnancies... It all depends on severity etc. Hopefully consultant will be able to give you a better idea.

Sligo hope alls ok :)

LH that is sucky fingers crossed it's nothing!

My husband looked at me tonight and asked me was I sure I wasn't in labour ;) I am so uncomfortable and have frequent painful Braxton hicks so I can understand why he was asking as I was panting over a gym ball!

I am going mad. Dont know what to do with myself. Cant do anything really as the pelvis is bad again and I am so unbelievable uncomfortable, cant sit, cant sleep, cant leave the house, have so much pressure down there and back pain. Tried to clean yesterday but first it took me ages and second I was in nice pain afterwards . Went for a little walk with the dog today but that took ages as well and was painful as well. OH doesn't want to drive somewhere and I dont want to go on my own. I am soooo frustrated and all what Oh is telling me is that I have most of it behind me. Ha great and still at least 4 weeks to go. I cant even eat ice cream. Ah I hate it.

Little fella has had the vomiting and diarrohea bug the last 4 days. Brought him to Temple Street last night. As no intake and no wet nappies. Waited around for hours for a doctor to tell me what I already knew and how to care for it which I already knew. But I spose the reassurance was good and he's home with us.

Got a bit of sleep last night but hadn't slept for 3 nights prior to that. I think I'm suffering from exhaustion. It's very hard caring for a sick LO during the day. He's so unsteady and can barely walk poor little thing. I dunno how I'm going to do it this week.

Irish hospitals are the pits. They're so mank and old. The public services in this country really are terrible. Considering how much money there was in the boom it's fecking awful how they expect sick people and children and pregnant women to be cared for. And the ****e they expect them to stay in. It's a disgrace to be honest.... Sorry for rant.

• Advertisement

Sligo1, Is there no-one to give you a break? You're 8 months pregnant lady, you need looking after too! I was pretty shattered with the week of hospital craic, but I wasn't doing all of it on my own. Both of us had to miss work for the week, taking it in 4 hour turns to mind her.

I agree the public system is a heap of ****e. Last monday was the first time I got stuck in it. Complete waste of time, made us worse even. Do you have health insurance for the little fella?

I'm glad your little one got to come home Sligo... Hope he's feeling better.

I totally agree about public healthcare... Seriously wrecks my head. We are going to have to drop our level of private cover this year we simply can't afford the 20% hike in Layas prices. It makes me sick to even think about it. Well still have some cover but will probably lose our out patient expenses: and I spent €1200 last year and got €570 back so it's so hard.

I bought C her present from baby today: a Cinderella little people carriage. Give me an hour and I bet I'll give it to her she saw it in the bag! I'm such a pushover ;)

Sligo1, Is there no-one to give you a break? You're 8 months pregnant lady, you need looking after too! I was pretty shattered with the week of hospital craic, but I wasn't doing all of it on my own. Both of us had to miss work for the week, taking it in 4 hour turns to mind her.

I agree the public system is a heap of ****e. Last monday was the first time I got stuck in it. Complete waste of time, made us worse even. Do you have health insurance for the little fella?

I'm lucky I've my OH here this weekend so I do have help. And to be fair, hes awful good and takes the whole brunt when he is home at the weekend and after work. I'd be dead otherwise. He took a half day yesterday aswell so we could take LO into hospital. But he's only in the job over a year and he can't really take time off... Esp with me being off full time his work would probably frown on it. He also starts a week course on Monday which he can't miss. Think I'm just gonna have to go to my mums in Sligo tomorrow for a few days to get some help.

TBH I'd prefer be in Dublin being 36 weeks pregnant and with sick baby but I wouldn't be able on my own. Think I pulled a muscle in my stomach aswell with LO yesterday. He was so distressed... And having To clean up sick and change 20 rotten nappies :(.

I've been so lucky and care free up till now... Somethjng was bound to happen. Also have had to miss my last couple appointments with my consultant coz of LO having the chest infection and now this... Really needa start looking after myself...

Yep we do have health insurance... Was Temple St not the place to go with him? I'm so unfamiliar with children's a&e's. we've been very lucky up until now (touch wood)... I've never had to take him before.

Sorry I'm full of complaints today :(

That's definitely something to complain about. You've had a really crap few days :( is there any chance your mum could come up rather than you go down?

I have no idea if it's an option or not but here my GP can just ring Bons and get bed on children's ward so when C got dehydrated (she was very dehydrated they had to put drip in her foot), he rang got her bed and that was that. She's had to go to A&E too though and tbh private health insurance made flip all difference then: and she was only 4 weeks old at that stage we spent hours sitting in a freezing waiting room in KGH waiting for test results. I was in pain, still trying to get hang of breastfeeding it was awful :( they needed to see her in 4-6 weeks max and I got an appt for her when she was 22 weeks old. By which time we had gone private and problem was sorted and she wasn't in pain anymore. But it is so unfair that you need to do that especially with kids.

I'm after getting awful pain down low in the last hour hope it goes soon.

That's great your gp can ring ahead like that!

My mum was up during the week and she does come up a lot but she has something on in Sligo and I couldn't ask her not to go. She's a widow so doesn't get out a whole lot. Also has to mind my sister who has mild cerebral palsy and she has a dog aswell :)... She comes up so much already I couldn't ask her miss her thing on Monday. I think I will just head down tomorrow and drive back up Wednesday to see my consultant.

Thanks for the sympathy guhys... It's mad how only pregnant women really understand how your feeling when youre feeling crap.... Nobody else really understands do they... :)

Sligo i hope he is on d mend soon and you get a good rest tomorro.
    Pwurple hope your lil one is ok too.

Cyning i have As present sorted. My friend picked it up but stil has it so no chance of me giving in. I went with the doll after.

Im wrecked this evening. Was in town earlier and god people would drive you up the wall. Between an ignorant ould man hitting his shopping basket off LO and buggy to people not using indicators ugh was just not in the mood.
    But having it handy compared to the rest of you all.

Those of you who already have kids. What are ye doing with them when ye go in. My MIL is taking A but im kinda dreading it. She kinda ruins her (i know not in a bad way) but A will be out of sortss and then a new baby too. And i told OH i dont want visitors for the first few days. Last time his family were on top of us the whole time and the day we came home was madness.

C is a combination of mum and mil and her godmother. I am dreading it: we keep asking them not to give too much sweets or not in mornings etc but as soon as she cries they will.

I'm terrified of having a section was googling back to back labour and the articles were saying I'm at higher risk of a section because of the higher risk of instrumental delivery. Ugh. Also must get off google!!

I don't know what the story is in dublin, but when she got admitted (sorted by my lovely gp) the consultant in the hospital came around and gave me a right earful about the route we took in. He Said i should never ever take a child to a public a&e when we have health insurance... Told me i was clogging up the public system for no reason, and they have beds waiting and ready in his ward all the time for sick children with health insurance. What did i think we were paying for every year etc. I got a right bollocking of him. Bit of an eye opener about how the system here works. I hadn't a clue i was supposed to have gotten the out of hours service to call a private hospital. They gave me a referral to a&e, so that's where we went.

Think i got a bit of a ranter, he then went on a tirade about the public hospital, and how they just lash patients out as fast as possible, instead of treating them properly, and how people end up in the private beds then a week later, in way worse condition.

Anyway, i don'tknow how the feck you are doing it sligo1. I can't pick up much off the floor at this stage, and bending over to do nappies, sure you can probably barely breathe yourself in that position.

Suucee, i have my mum nearby, so she will be able to take my little girl hopefully when I go in. She takes her in the afternoons anyway, so shouldn't change the routine too much. She can still bring her to creche for the morning, etc. i just hope my trip to the hospital isn't 3am or something. Would prefer not to have to wake her up and drag her out in the middle of the night.

My bigger worry is that i won't have anyone to bring me to the hospital. Husband has a few work bits to do in dublin over the next few weeks, and he usually gets the train up. But sure I'll sort something. Maybe the neighbours. :)

Now I'm up all night with the vomiting and diarrohea bug.... :(

• Advertisement

Now I'm up all night with the vomiting and diarrohea bug.... :(

Oh no! Twas bound to happen. Mind yourselves.

Advertisement